1.    #1  
    I have a Laptop Battery question

I purchased a extended battery on Ebay for my laptop

The original was 4400MaH and 11.1 volts
    the replacment that was sent to me on Ebay is 4800MaH and 10.8 volts. Look like it fits my model.
    My question is the different number MaH and Volts do any damage to my Laptop ?? Seems that more MaH would mean more power and longer power but Im not sure what the volts means??

ANyone know anything about this??

Thanks Ya;LL
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 05/03/2008 at 12:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I have a Laptop Battery question

I purchased a extended battery on Ebay for my laptop

The original was 4400MaH and 11.1 volts
    the replacment that was sent to me on Ebay is 4800MaH and 10.8 volts. Look like it fits my model.
    My question is the different number MaH and Volts do any damage to my Laptop ?? Seems that more MaH would mean more power and longer power but Im not sure what the volts means??

ANyone know anything about this??

Thanks Ya;LL
    its well documented here that I'm no uber geek -- therefore stop reading now -- ignore this information -- don't act on what I am about to say ...

yes, more amp hours is good (ie 4800MaH vs 4400MaH)

The small voltage shortfall is unlikely to cause damage -- though it could possibly run less bright, or the cpu, system timing etc. could conceivably become unhappy.

The bottom line is that the voltage difference is small, and too much voltage is more worrisome than not quite enough. If it were my laptop I'd probably try to use it. But this is not my laptop.

Wait for another opinion, or do some googling ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  3.    #3  
    Thanks BAYRE

I aprecaite the help and yes I know your just giving your opinion and your not a Uber geek . LOL. I was thinking the same thing about the MaH but wondered what a little less volts might do . I probally will hook it up and see if it causes any issues with hte brightness . Again thanks I apprecaite any thought and wait for a few more.