Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Wright has been speaking of AIDS and the government for years - this is not in the least new from him. His rhetoric has not gotten worse, just more public because Obama ignored this man for so long while others were picking up on him. To have this person as your spiritual adviser for XX years, to seek council from this man and similar individuals for XX years, and to claim to be the one to bring this country together - impossible. Simply impossible.

We are now finding Obama's past that he has worked so hard to cover up. Obama claims to be a politician free from the actions of the past (a previous speech long, long ago) and when you look at his personal side, the property transactions, his past associations and those that he maintains, his comments in get togethers he does not believe are recorded, his inconsistent answers that change more than Hillary's have ever changed, his voting record (PRESENT and he is the most liberal senator presently serving - look it up), his open ignoring of his mother, dissing his grandmother, his statements about raising his children, STD and not wanting to burden his children with their mistakes - complete refusal to encourage anyone to accept responsibility for their actions. The fingers hurt.

To give this person full rein and not question him is just plain wrong and he has had full rein for a long, long time and no one questioned him, they just feinted at his feet. Now that he is being questioned, he whines about unfair treatment and his supporters go berserk.

What a guy.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Well, this is done.

what are you saying ???
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    The Chit Chat together with The Pastor, has created a toxic brew.

As the front runner and near "inevitable" nominee, the media has begun to focus on him. They are now going to show him some of the same tabloidized attention that they have previously given Hillary.

Obama's probability of being the nominee is at best 55%. (Hillary 45%, Al Gore 10 % )

He must win both Indiana and N. Carolina -- irrespective of the delegate count.
    Let me expand and clarify what I said yesterday --

If it were not for the fact that Indiana and NC are on the same day, I would have given Obama less than a 50% chance of being the nominee.

He is fortunate that he may well lose Indiana while simultaneously winning NC.

A loss in Indiana will hurt gravely. Its a neighbor to Illinois -- and approx 30% of its population gets its TV from Obama's home base of Chicago.

And its a state that has a large Black population (centered around Gary).

According to surveys, Obama had recently lead her by large margins in Indiana.

After Ohio, Tx, Pa., the bitter Chit Chat, and now Wright redux -- he cannot easily afford to lose Indiana -- and he's very very lucky that NC is on the same day.
    Last edited by BARYE; 04/30/2008 at 04:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Wright has been speaking of AIDS and the government for years - this is not in the least new from him. His rhetoric has not gotten worse, just more public because Obama ignored this man for so long while others were picking up on him. To have this person as your spiritual adviser for XX years, to seek council from this man and similar individuals for XX years, and to claim to be the one to bring this country together - impossible. Simply impossible.
    Just like it has already been said... you don't believe obama... you think he is lying. Not impossible as he has spelled it out... you really need to find something new.

We are now finding Obama's past that he has worked so hard to cover up. Obama claims to be a politician free from the actions of the past (a previous speech long, long ago) and when you look at his personal side, the property transactions, his past associations and those that he maintains, his comments in get togethers he does not believe are recorded, his inconsistent answers that change more than Hillary's have ever changed, his voting record (PRESENT and he is the most liberal senator presently serving - look it up), his open ignoring of his mother, dissing his grandmother, his statements about raising his children, STD and not wanting to burden his children with their mistakes - complete refusal to encourage anyone to accept responsibility for their actions. The fingers hurt.
    lol... his past that he tried so hard to cover up? You and *** man are way too much!

Wait until you hear McCain's past.... you are in for a REAL story, buddy. There is a reason why mccain does not want this to go ugly... believe you me.... lol

To give this person full rein and not question him is just plain wrong and he has had full rein for a long, long time and no one questioned him, they just feinted at his feet. Now that he is being questioned, he whines about unfair treatment and his supporters go berserk.

What a guy.

Ben
    Hills people do the same thing. McCain's supporters are too busy thinking about the dems to pay him any attention... I don't know if mccain have any real supporters. Where are they? I talk more about mccain than all the conservatives on this board....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by DL.Cummings View Post
    Again, I draw this on the presumption that you mean
    Thanks, but I don't need you guessing what I mean... if you want to know, ask.

I’ll admit to poor wording there as my intent was to specify a certain disdain for McCain but a heavier disdain for Obama or Hillary (which I did mention FTR). Am I really forced? No, not even close. I feel somewhat forced in that I am really concerned about keeping Hillary or Obama out.
    You are a conservative... are you SURPRISED by your reaction to the latest Dems?

Media frenzy? I lambasted Obama on Wright well before it became an “issue” to sell in the media.
    Wow, you have really reasearched this! Why is it you can't expand on what has already been said?

Again, the point was to specifically note a dismay for the likely candidate that I will have to vote for. As I’ve said before, Romney was my last true hope. Now my concern is to prevent what I see as the worst possible candidate from entering office
    Sheeple comment....

Speaking of sheeple, you sound like every other liberal out there speaking out against the conservative viewpoint (which is one I hold, not one I am given).
    No, I'm not a liberal (as you have asked and I've pointed out several times, but you can't seem to remember... write it on your desk or something).

I can take facts and make my own decision. I've decided to believe obama on this. His story makes sense. Just like I believe mccain on his recent "cheating" issues. Although, McCain's ethic issues are a bit more harder to push to the side simply because of the paperwork to backup what others have stated, not to mention his past ethic issues. Stating that "there is no way obama could have done x for 20 years" is a weak and unconvincing argument.

The way you and bclunker talk, I'm almost ashamed to even be considering voting for mccain. (That is a figure of speech... of course what you two say or do does not impact my voting decision either way.)
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    McCain's problem for conservatives is that he is not conservative - he is more a middle of the road democrat. His issues? Nothing as big as Obama's and he does not change his stance quite as often, though he has done a big about face on issues that I feel are important. He is also not good on the economy and he is a big promoter of the global warming scam. McCain is a weak candidate and one I wish were not in the running.

I was astonished to hear Obama staying he would not take money from big oil - said of course with the full knowledge that was outlawed back in the early 1900s. Was that a lie told? Take a look around to see who supports this guy and then see what else he says about funding. He speaks and hopes no body is listening and Theog, you just are not listening.

I love your name calling also. Keep up the great work.
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Thanks, but I don't need you guessing what I mean... if you want to know, ask.
    If you need to clarify, do so; otherwise, the point stands.

You are a conservative... are you SURPRISED by your reaction to the latest Dems?
    Surprised? No. Adamant? Yes.

Wow, you have really reasearched this! Why is it you can't expand on what has already been said?
    I expand as far as my concern exists. Not anyone elses. Correlation isn't causation and as such, the fact that talking heads are going on and on about this is irrelevant.

My friend and I debated the issue today. He has a problem with the association, I don't. I have a problem with a percieved lack of honesty which was a direct result of his association.

Sheeple comment....
    Evidence? Forget it, this sheep nonsense is getting passe.

I actually liked Romney (after Duncan Hunter)--when he bowed out, I wasn't sure who I was going to support.

No, I'm not a liberal (as you have asked and I've pointed out several times, but you can't seem to remember... write it on your desk or something).
    ADD moment. Pardon, my intent was to note what you sounded like, not what you were or were not (I realize poor wording on my part).

I can take facts and make my own decision.
    As have I.

I've decided to believe obama on this.
    I don't and my past speculation about him is getting merit each and every day.

Stating that "there is no way obama could have done x for 20 years" is a weak and unconvincing argument.
    Only when you dont' want it to be. Besides, it was Obama's own response that started my speculation--nothing else.

Regarding McCain . . . once again, he isn't getting my vote as much as Obama or Hillary aren't getting my vote.

I'm done, you can have the last word in this thread if you feel necessary.
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
    I was astonished to hear Obama staying he would not take money from big oil - said of course with the full knowledge that was outlawed back in the early 1900s. Was that a lie told? Take a look around to see who supports this guy and then see what else he says about funding. He speaks and hopes no body is listening and Theog, you just are not listening.
    I know about the "big oil" comment. I thougt it was misleading. Not a false statement, but misleading. It was not like Obama said, "I had to duck snipper fire from big oil snippers last week when I got off the plane in Texas."

All these guys/gals make these types of misleading comments. Does that make it right? No.

I did not have sex with that woman.

I did duck snipper fire.

What do both have in common? lol

I love your name calling also. Keep up the great work.
    I have to keep myself entertained...

But I'll leave you alone since you seem to take serious offense to it... it is all in good fun, I don't take this stuff seriously. But I respect that you might take offense. My apologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by DL.Cummings View Post
    I don't and my past speculation about him is getting merit each and every day.
    Fair enough....

Regarding McCain . . . once again, he isn't getting my vote as much as Obama or Hillary aren't getting my vote.
    McCain is being slow on rolling out his plan for the presidency. It is surprising to me that he is not "ready" considering he has been in DC for the past 30 years. That comment from him that what was on his website had changed and he was updating his stances will not leave me. Not in a major negative way, but I will take it into consideration.

Hopefully by Sep we will see solid plans with details... of course, this is not saying all these "plans" will work (they won't), but at least we will have an indication.

I'm done, you can have the last word in this thread if you feel necessary.
    I hope the Lakers win!
    McCain for president - that was a joke when it first started and a sorry fact when he won. I had my hopes on 2 others, he was #3 on the list.

The Lakers...
    All you honkies wouldn't understand the african american experience if it hit you upside the head. Maybe JW has earned the right to be fired up. I'm just sayin'.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    In today's world, the "African American" experience you speak of is not that apparent. I have African American neighbors that are no different then me and my family. The same values, concerns, similar jobs, et cetera. Skin color really does not mean that much.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo View Post
    All you honkies wouldn't understand the african american experience if it hit you upside the head. Maybe JW has earned the right to be fired up. I'm just sayin'.
    I might have a shot. My people have been considered lower on the social ladder. We even have a term similar to the 'N Word'. As an aside, finally had a chance to brew that scotch ale. Another month or two to age, and we'll see about bottling a little to exchange for the Deschutes.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    "I think they wanted to... put an element of fear and hatred and to stir up the anxiety of Americans who still don't know the African-American tradition, know nothing about the prophetic theology of the African-American experience, who know nothing about the black church, who don't even know how we got a black church.” - Jeremiah Wright

Hey Ben,

First you are still a trip. If the AA experience is not "apparent" to you, I guess it can't possibly be apparent to anyone else. I don't completely discount your narrow position, but isn't it possible that Rev. Wright has a different life experience than you or your tropical neighbors.

Check out this Wikipedia link for an interesting read. Wright has led a very diverse life and as a leader in the "black church", he has formed a belief system that is probably not very congruent with white xians. If you actually take a few minutes to read about his life you might come to understand where he is coming from.

Don't get me wrong, he looks and sounds like a crack pot, but as an atheist, I view many religious leaders in a similar light. And as a second choice Obama supporter, I agree that he could have better handled this non-issue earlier. However, Obama's (ex)minister represents him no more than the pope reflects on every catholic adherent.

We Americans should all be focusing more on the real issues that face us. Iraq, the economy, health care, the environment, etc are issues that matter. Snipers and preachers are just political/mass media distractions.

Hang loose!

Note to Toby: I'm still working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo View Post
    ...Don't get me wrong, he looks and sounds like a crack pot, but as an atheist, I view many religious leaders in a similar light. And as a second choice Obama supporter, I agree that he could have better handled this non-issue earlier. However, Obama's (ex)minister represents him no more than the pope reflects on every catholic adherent.
    I knew you sounded like an intelligent human !!

But as to your point (as I've said earlier to da Thomas), parsing the specifics of what Wright or Obama may have said or intended to communicate, is irrelevant.

All that matters (to me) is how a great many people's preconceptions and prejudices are being reenforced and confirmed by all this.

Wishing it were otherwise, or trying to persuade a few people that they're wrong, won't make much of a difference on election day.

What many Super Delegates are going to be paying attention to next week is how many voters are being affected by all this.
    Human atheists have much in common with our simian cousins, eh?
    In today's world, the "African American" experience you speak of is not that apparent. I have African American neighbors that are no different then me and my family. The same values, concerns, similar jobs, et cetera.

Ben
    At least you had the decency to call them neighbors and not friends.... I'm sure it would have offended them to learn you had you called them friends....

Skin color really does not mean that much.
    When you talk of the AA experience?

Getting a clue can be hard to do....

Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    many people's preconceptions and prejudices are being reenforced and confirmed by all this.
    That is true....
    Im a very disapointed Amercan voter... republican.

John MCcann is a joke living in 1980 mindset.He will be lucky to make it 4 years if elected..his age sure does show.

Obamas 20 years in a racist church should give all a clue on what he is about...for those that think different you need to see a shrink.Obama is Swiss boat vets part 2 but 100% worse !

Clintons a bad liar .hmm try not to get caught anymore Hilary with that sniper fire.

Sorry to say , Clinton is the best choice.
    Pretty sad.

PS
    Dont forget to vote
    Last edited by slingbox; 05/03/2008 at 02:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post

Im a very disapointed Amercan voter... republican...

Sorry to say, Clinton is the best choice...
    please slingbox -- I beg you -- have some compassion.

Should republicans begin to say that they're more likely to vote for Hillary than even McCain, I fear for da T's health.

Please, please delete your post before he happens onto it !!
    Last edited by BARYE; 05/03/2008 at 08:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    please slingbox -- I beg you -- have some compassion.

Should republicans begin to say that they're more likely to vote for Hillary than even McCain, I fear for da T's health.

Please, please delete your post before he happens onto it !!
    Slingbox sounds bitter.

But now we have went from obama's pastor is a racist, to obama is a racist, to his entire church is full of racists.

Such ignorance. But the media has painted the picture, and people believe whatever they want to believe. It is amazing....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast