Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The full meaning? Theog, I do understand the full meaning. However, in its current implementation, you are hard pressed to find anyone significantly affected by it. I know of no one. For a president to not use such powers during a period of war...

Place yourself in a period controlled by our buddy Obama. We get struck. What do you expect Obama to do. What do you want Obama to do? Do you want him to take measures to prevent it from happening again? The Patriot Act lives because both the Republican and Democrat parties agreed it was and is still necessary. Under Obama's rule, the same will happen. An agreement will be reached (one sided though) and steps taken to prevent it from happening again.

The full meaning and ability of the Patriot Act is how it is used. Not to have it makes it very difficult to track, establish, prevent.

Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    If you don't know the answer to that, then you don't understand the full meaning and ability of the patriot act.

Again, your lack of reading, or lack of reading and understanding is amusing. Sad, but amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The full meaning? Theog, I do understand the full meaning. However, in its current implementation, you are hard pressed to find anyone significantly affected by it. I know of no one. For a president to not use such powers during a period of war...

Place yourself in a period controlled by our buddy Obama. We get struck. What do you expect Obama to do. What do you want Obama to do? Do you want him to take measures to prevent it from happening again? The Patriot Act lives because both the Republican and Democrat parties agreed it was and is still necessary. Under Obama's rule, the same will happen. An agreement will be reached (one sided though) and steps taken to prevent it from happening again.

The full meaning and ability of the Patriot Act is how it is used. Not to have it makes it very difficult to track, establish, prevent.
    I'm not going out to bring in tons of links to make you look foolish... no, I've done that continuously and it does not help... When I bring in links, you start rambling on about how obama is responsible for helping put Jesus on the cross. (Even though obama was not born, he is directly responsible... somehow.)

I'll let everyone else do their own research. Anyone who read, knows, or understands the Patriot act knows we are all impacted. We don't live in our own individual boxes.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    That was a rather interesting remark - Jesus on the cross because of Obama - if you ridicule, at least do it appropriately.
    That was a rather interesting remark - Jesus on the cross because of Obama - if you ridicule, at least do it appropriately.
    It is what mccain and palin will come up with next... and what you will be promoting on this forum.

My odd and ridiculous comment is on the same level that McCain and Palin are speaking....

Such outlandish, irresponsible, and untrue claims have no place in politics.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I figure if people do their own research, there is the chance that they will actually come across something of value. So thank you for that statement.
    I figure if people do their own research, there is the chance that they will actually come across something of value.
    It won't be anything that you post. Guaranteed.
  7.    #47  
    in effort to further solidify his wonderful legacy to america, junior is doing everything he can to undo regulations that protect the environment or workers before he leaves office:

A Last Push To Deregulate
    White House to Ease Many Rules
    By R. Jeffrey Smith
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Friday, October 31, 2008

The White House is working to enact a wide array of federal regulations, many of which would weaken government rules aimed at protecting consumers and the environment, before President Bush leaves office in January.

The new rules would be among the most controversial deregulatory steps of the Bush era and could be difficult for his successor to undo. Some would ease or lift constraints on private industry, including power plants, mines and farms.

Those and other regulations would help clear obstacles to some commercial ocean-fishing activities, ease controls on emissions of pollutants that contribute to global warming, relax drinking-water standards and lift a key restriction on mountaintop coal mining.

Once such rules take effect, they typically can be undone only through a laborious new regulatory proceeding, including lengthy periods of public comment, drafting and mandated reanalysis.

"They want these rules to continue to have an impact long after they leave office," said Matthew Madia, a regulatory expert at OMB Watch, a nonprofit group critical of what it calls the Bush administration's penchant for deregulating in areas where industry wants more freedom. He called the coming deluge "a last-minute assault on the public ...

...90 new regulations are in the works, and at least nine of them are considered "economically significant" because they impose costs or promote societal benefits that exceed $100 million annually...

The burst of activity has made this a busy period for lobbyists who fear that industry views will hold less sway after the elections...

...the Office of Management and Budget's regulatory calendar, the commercial scallop-fishing industry came in two weeks ago to urge that proposed catch limits be eased, nearly bumping into National Mining Association officials making the case for easing rules meant to keep coal slurry waste out of Appalachian streams. A few days earlier, lawyers for kidney dialysis and biotechnology companies registered their complaints at the OMB about new Medicare reimbursement rules. Lobbyists for customs brokers complained about proposed counterterrorism rules that require the advance reporting of shipping data...

...Bush's team was able to withdraw 254 regulations that covered such matters as drug and airline safety, immigration and indoor air pollutants. After further review, many of the proposals were modified to reflect Republican policy ideals or scrapped altogether.

Seeking to avoid falling victim to such partisan tactics, White House Chief of Staff Joshua B. Bolten in May imposed a Nov. 1 government-wide deadline to finish major new regulations...

As the deadlines near, the administration has begun to issue regulations of great interest to industry...

Many of the rules that could be issued over the next few weeks would ease environmental regulations...

A rule...under final review...would lift a requirement that environmental impact statements be prepared for certain fisheries-management decisions and would give review authority to regional councils dominated by commercial and recreational fishing interests.

An Alaska commercial fishing source, granted anonymity so he could speak candidly about private conversations, said that senior administration officials promised to "get the rule done by the end of this month"...

...the Pew Charitable Trusts' Environment Group said the administration has received 194,000 public comments on the rule and protests from 80 members of Congress as well as 160 conservation groups. "This thing is fatally flawed" as well as "wildly unpopular,"...

...other rules nearing completion would ease limits on pollution from power plants...

One rule, being pursued over some opposition within the Environmental Protection Agency, would allow current emissions at a power plant to match the highest levels produced by that plant, overturning a rule that more strictly limits such emission increases. According to the EPA's estimate, it would allow millions of tons of additional carbon dioxide into the atmosphere annually, worsening global warming.

A related regulation would ease limits on emissions from coal-fired power plants near national parks.

A third rule would allow increased emissions from oil refineries, chemical factories and other industrial plants with complex manufacturing operations.

These rules "will force Americans to choke on dirtier air for years to come, unless Congress or the new administration reverses these eleventh-hour abuses," ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Then Barye, you are one that believes the government should regulate everything?
    Yes, we must ridicule appropriately. A perfect example would be, perhaps, youtube links with overtly racist statements?

Or do we not consider "I'll bring over all the blacks, including my family's tribe" racist anymore?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Yes, we must ridicule appropriately. A perfect example would be, perhaps, youtube links with overtly racist statements?

Or do we not consider "I'll bring over all the blacks, including my family's tribe" racist anymore?
    Oh c'mon! You don't expect Ben to take "personal responsibility" for his actions now do you?

He knows exactly what was in that video. How do you think he came to learn about such a video? The guy clearly saw the video as humorous...or worse...thought that it could be true...and posted it up here. Little does he realize it affirms what we've thought about him all along.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123