Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok...here's a new movie-themed thread.

What's the best movie/soundtrack pairing? In otherwords, I want to hear about movies that you'd buy BOTH the movie AND the soundtrack because they are both good on their own.

Recent ones that come to mind for me are:

The Big Lebowski
    Rushmore
    Oh Brother Where Art Thou
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    Gattaca
    -Vincent
    Vision Quest
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    There are so many that come to mind, but a few are:
    Braveheart, The Red Violin, Princess Mononoke, Glory, Dances with Wolves...this is if you appreciate dramatic scores. These are all scores that are good by themselves...but they become even better when combined with the movie.
    Star Wars
    Forrest Gump
    "Attitudes are contagious... Is YOURS worth catching?"
    Heavy Metal!
    The following space intentionally left blank...

RadarGreg
    I would buy:
    -Patton (that is, if I can ever find the soundtrack on CD by itself)

I did buy:
    -Angus (but only if you like pop-punk music)
    -The Nightmare Before Christmas
    -South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut
    -that thing you do!
    -Star Trek II

Also, Christine -- but you can only get the score nowadays, not the "soundtrack"
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  8.    #8  
    Heavy Metal!
    Oh wow...I completely forgot about that one. I have that on LP!

And I forgot two others:

Trainspotting
    The Saint
    -David Byrne
  9.    #9  
    I guess I'm a soundtrack junkie...here's another of my favorites:

Snatch
    -David Byrne
    Ladyhawke, and Das Boot.
    Star Wars, The Matrix, Austin Powers, Swordfish
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    Shawshank Redemption
    L.A. Confidential (Both Jerry Goldsmith's score and the soundtrack compilation)
    The Usual Suspects
    Angel Heart
    Ed Wood
    Naked Lunch
    Kafka (Took me 4 years to find a used copy of the soundtrack - it's out of print!)
    The Limey
    Glengarry Glen Ross
    Four Rooms
    Breakfast at Tiffany's
    Charade
    Fargo, The Hudsucker Proxy (and the Coen brothers' films that have already been mentioned on this thread )
    Twin Peaks (I know, not technically a movie - although the 'Fire Walk With Me' soundtrack is pretty good too)
    Reservoir Dogs
    Pulp Fiction

Hmm, I don't have my soundtrack CDs in front of me, but I think I'm forgetting some. The score/soundtrack is a huge part of the movie for me, as if you couldn't tell It can really make or break a film.
    <br>"Form follows function - that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union" -Frank Lloyd Wright
    Shawshank Redemption
    L.A. Confidential (Both Jerry Goldsmith's score and the soundtrack compilation)
    The Usual Suspects
    Angel Heart
    Ed Wood
    Naked Lunch
    Kafka (Took me 4 years to find a used copy of the soundtrack - it's out of print!)
    The Limey
    Glengarry Glen Ross
    Four Rooms
    Breakfast at Tiffany's
    Charade
    Fargo, The Hudsucker Proxy (and the Coen brothers' films that have already been mentioned on this thread )
    Twin Peaks (I know, not technically a movie - although the 'Fire Walk With Me' soundtrack is pretty good too)
    Reservoir Dogs
    Pulp Fiction

Hmm, I don't have my soundtrack CD's in front of me, but I think I'm forgetting some. The score/soundtrack is a huge part of the movie for me, as if you couldn't tell It can really make or break a film.
    <br>"Form follows function - that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union" -Frank Lloyd Wright
    Glory. Hearing the soundtrack still makes me tear up.
    Singles and Tank Girl
    (Paul Westerberg compiled both)
    Tank Girl was nothing like the great comix, but the duet with Westerberg and Joan Jett (Let's Fall In Love) was great.

The Last Emperor was good too.
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
  16.    #16  
    Oh yea...Singles! I love that one!

Tank Girl? I had no idea Paul Westerberg compiled that.

Was Tank Girl a good movie?
    -David Byrne
    Bits and pieces. The 'Roos are well done. The plot was a ramble. Trying to make a sensible plot out of Tank Girl was a bad choice,
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    One From The Heart (directed by F Ford Coppola, music by Tom Waits)
    Birdy (starred Matthew Modine & Nicholas Cage, music by Peter Gabriel -- very trippy)
    Bird (directed/produced by Clint Eastwood, starred Forrest Whittaker, music by the one and only Charlie Parker)
    The English Patient (music by Gabriel Yared, performed by the choir of the Academy Of St. Martins In the Fields)
    'Round Midnight (various jazz tunes by various composers, performed by saxophonist Dexter Gordon)
    - there's also a 2nd album of stuff performed by him called "The Other Side Of Midnight"

Must - stop. Must - stop - now ... .
    Sorry 'bout the double post earlier. Not sure what happened there. A couple more have occurred to me:

Smoke
    Blue in the Face
    Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
    The Shining
    A Clockwork Orange
    Breakfast of Champions

-Andy
    Somewhere in Time (I know, horrible 80's chick flick)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast