Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    You see daT -- Ben says she's progressive --

I rest my case...
    Your case is flimsy. _She_ says she's a progressive according to Ben. I believe that as much as I believe you're a monkey in a Napoleon suit.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  2.    #82  
    Wow on that last statement. DA, if the taxes are increased on business, and with the pressure of lower wages/expenses off shore in a number of areas, then how can one possibly support a tax increase of the size the 2 democrats are talking about. Profit is very important - no money made, no expansion, no people added, the list continues. I do agree with you about the feel good society we seem to be working toward - taking no responsibility, letting the government, the next guy - just makes no sense at all.

Ben
  3.    #83  
    Toby, she has stated in speeches and interviews that she is a progressive - get off the line "according to Ben." You can also take a look see to determine what a progressive is.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Your case is flimsy. _She_ says she's a progressive according to Ben. I believe that as much as I believe you're a monkey in a Napoleon suit.
    when it comes to understanding politics, Ben is my Sensei
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Toby, she has stated in speeches and interviews that she is a progressive
    She has also stated in speeches and interviews she has 35 years of leadership experience.
    - get off the line "according to Ben."
    You stated that she claimed to be a progressive. BARYE said you called her a progressive. I clarified that you just relayed her claim, not that you assigned it, so it really didn't support 'his case'.
    You can also take a look see to determine what a progressive is.
    I've a pretty good handle on what the term connotes generally, but it's really irrelevant to the issue at hand.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    when it comes to understanding politics, Ben is my Sensei
    So are you going to be an Old School Braden or Kinsley, or more like a Begala?
    So are you going to be an Old School Braden or Kinsley, or more like a Begala?
    Crossfire reference.
    Crossfire reference.
    I've always liked Begala (and Carville), but I really haven't seen Crossfire in decades -- though I caught part of that time John Stewart eviserated that righty clown Tucker Carlson

sort of ironic, since Crossfire was the progenitor of Shoutcast cable shows -- and I was tangentially around (physically) when Crossfire was beginning (Novak and all...)
    Theog, what have I said that is racist and hateful?
    Sure, I'll keep posting it... I don't mind. And I'll ask the same question: you think it is ok to go around a forum and allude that posters are racist?

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger

I am sure that had the white candidate listened to the same sermons for the same period of time and gave the same reason, then you (theog) would not agree with it.

So I'll go on to answer some of your other questions....

My agenda? strictly on whether or not the candidates are responsible for their own words and why or why does everybody else answer their questions instead of the candidates themselves. If you consider that hateful, buddy you have a problem.
    Right... does not take a brain scientist to know your agenda. We can go back months and piece together your agenda.

Obama has had a lot of problems with off the cuff comments, questions that he has not been prepared for, events he cannot fully control. Hillary almost the same and both change their stories when it suits them.
    You have your own issues... and change your story when it is in your best interest.

I feel that Obama's refusal to debate is a direct result of his unwillingness to be asked and forced to answer a direct or tough question. With so much to gain/loose, this is his way of keeping out of the "what I said" spot light.

Oddly enough, you want to condemn obama for the same thing that you do on a forum... attempting to not directly address "what you said." You are a work of art....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  11.    #91  
    If you think my statement is racist, then go for it. You are really reading much more to it than there is. Had a white person sat there listening to those sermons, then the left/progressives/liberals would be calling him a racist and a conservative would be right there saying it also. But of course, Obama is above that.

Ben
    If you think my statement is racist, then go for it. You are really reading much more to it than there is. Had a white person sat there listening to those sermons, then the left/progressives/liberals would be calling him a racist and a conservative would be right there saying it also. But of course, Obama is above that.

Ben
    And just like I said, in your first post in this thread, you claim "and anyone that questions him is called a bigot, racist, and well, each of you knows exactly what is being stated."

Everything that you are attempting to say obama and his supporters are you doing, you are doing the exact same thing.

Personally, I don't buy your argument that if a white person had listened that everyone would call them a racist. Problem with that statement, and your posts, is that obama has already stated that he was not in the crowd when his pastor said made those videos. He has not heard those videos.

So the fact that a person is black or white is irrelevant. The fact of matter is that you either believe obama had listed to those speeches or had not. But in your mind and the way you think, you want it to be a racial issue. The way you start our your first post in this thread, I'm sure that you have been called a racist before.

The problem is that you do not believe obama. That is fine. You know, I'd bet that people like you have spent weeks reviewing those videos looking for the slightest hint of obama. Did you find him? No. Why? He was not there. Duhh...

If you don't believe obama, that is fine, but don't go around forums alluding that other posters are racist when in fact, your posts unilaterally point to the fact that you have a serious issue against obama. Considering how you want to bring up race at every turn, I'd say his race is your underlying issue.

You need serious help with your racial issues and imbecilism.
    Last edited by theog; 04/29/2008 at 11:09 AM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  13.    #93  
    yes, people that have questioned him have been called bigoted and racist - just read the press - that comes directly from people like Mr. Wright. As for his stating he was not there when the statements were made, Theog, you have not been keeping up with his updates. He retracted that statement after a lot of pressure was put on him how he could miss over 20 years of this type of "sermon."

The statement that you are racist - not there and never there.

My issue with Obama is one of substance - he says...but he cannot and he has yet to explain anything in detail that he says he wants/can do - hope is all he gives with nothing to back it up other than his marxist statements and race is not an underlying issue with me.

You really love imbecilism - shows your maturity level right there. Keep up the name calling.

Ben
    yes, people that have questioned him have been called bigoted and racist - just read the press - that comes directly from people like Mr. Wright. As for his stating he was not there when the statements were made, Theog, you have not been keeping up with his updates. He retracted that statement after a lot of pressure was put on him how he could miss over 20 years of this type of "sermon."
    And again, he was never there when those videos were taken. You are assuming that those videos went over into his sunday preaching.

Did the preacher have some odd remarks? More than likely so... even obama said his preacher sometimes said some things obama did not agree with. Every preacher says something or other that a person might not like.

So you agree with EVERYTHING that your preacher says? How about all of your friends? Right....

The major point that you miss is those sound bits does not represent every sermon he preached. You watch two seconds on your big TV and figure that is the amount of what he was preaching... okay.

The statement that you are racist - not there and never there.
    Whatever... you can back-peddle on it now. It is out there now, so no biggie. Giving your first post, other posts in this and other threads, I believe your agenda is clear.

My issue with Obama is one of substance - he says...but he cannot and he has yet to explain anything in detail that he says he wants/can do - hope is all he gives with nothing to back it up other than his marxist statements and race is not an underlying issue with me.
    You have no substance in your attacks against obama...

What do you know about these guys? Or are they ok? Francis Schaeffer, Jerry Falwell, James Dobson and Pat Robertson...

You really love imbecilism - shows your maturity level right there. Keep up the name calling.

Ben

Unfortunately, Ben, when you go around alluding that other forum members are racist, they may call you choice words. Immature? No.

You calling (or alluding that) forum members racist? You pulling the race card like it is a VIP ticket to an AC/DC concert? You call that mature? Please...

At any rate, I doubt that it matters anyway... no one on this forum will care what or who you are... your posts make for good entertainment.

I'm done with this.... I'll let you have the last word, if you wish. I'm moving on as I've made my point and you have at least attempted to explained yourself.

But don't forget: You can't start a thread like "words count?" then attempt to run from your own words. You do make for good entertainment. lol
    Last edited by theog; 04/29/2008 at 01:46 PM.
  15.    #95  
    Theog, I do not have a big screen TV - you take a lot for granted. I have though visited the site and seen his sermons on other sites, and yes, he also said this on the Sunday routine also. But that is beside the point. The ones you mention from the conservative side, they sure do not get wound up like Wright. As for the racist thing, I did not allude you were racist - that is in your mind, go for it though. As for running from my own words? Not. Obama though has and is doing it. Did you listen to his speech?

Ben
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345