Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    This tickles me - I was curious how long before the name calling started - it has not changed.

Theog - you really need to stop watching television - I stopped about 6 years ago. I have not seen network news/cable news/ et cetera for about 6 years. I suggest you read - you just might get up to date.

Incidentally, you still have not answered the question and probably never will.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    he reads a teleprompter well, but when it comes to LIVE, he shows his inability to think on the fly
    Ben
    you really need to stop watching television - I stopped about 6 years ago.
    My friend Ben, what "tickles me" is how you can critique television while pretending not to watch it. Do you pretend watching TV on utube or TIVO is not really watching TV? Are you trying to fool others or just yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by electronique View Post
    My friend Ben, what "tickles me" is how you can critique television while pretending not to watch it. Do you pretend watching TV on utube or TIVO is not really watching TV? Are you trying to fool others or just yourself?
    He is attempting to fool himself.

Even he states that I should not get my news from TV... the troll does not realize my house tv has not been on since the nfl playoffs (was only on for the playoffs and will be on for the NBA playoffs!). Does that sound like someone that gets their news from TV?

It is funny that he now complains of "name calling" even though he lobs the first strike by calling me a racist (he fails to explain why I'm a racist). Yes, I called him an imbecile... and it is true, he is an imbecile, IMO.

Funny thing is he wants people to answer a question that has already been answered. He wants to pretend no one can answer it.

The Republican party should feel ashamed to have someone like him in their party. He seriously lacks ethics and debating skills.

He attempts to fall back on a failed plan of "swift boat" politics that played out four years ago... people like him will live in the past, like an old tv rerun.
    Last edited by theog; 04/20/2008 at 11:46 AM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  4.    #44  
    It may confuse a lot of you; however, television is far from the only site for information. Theog, where did I call you a racist? I looked through all of the posts I have and no where is there anything indicative of me calling you racist. I suggest you have become like too many liberals and just throw things out in anger.

Listening to television gives you only one side of the picture.

Ben
    Listening to television gives you only one side of the picture.
    Duh...you have to watch it to get the rest.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    double post.
    Last edited by theog; 04/20/2008 at 09:12 PM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Theog, where did I call you a racist? I looked through all of the posts I have and no where is there anything indicative of me calling you racist.
    I'm still waiting for your explanation or do you think it is fun going around forums alluding people are racists without explaining your posts? Problem is you don't have an explanation... you put your foot in your mouth (or rather keyboard in your mouth) and now you simply want to wiggle your way out of it, like a little snake.

I'm starting to see clearly why you post so vehemently against obama and why you want to ensure that if you do, people don't call you out. It is actually a fairly good ploy, but you tripped yourself up and showed yourself on accident. Go ahead and discount what I'm saying or play dumb, but you know what it is... as I'm sure others have already figured out.

From post #40. of this thread... since you can't seem to find where you made your mistake:

--------------------------------
    Theog posts:

Unfortunately the troll seems to think that if a white candidate had listened to those sermons I'd not agree with it. Of course, he fails to explain how he came up with that... more than likely because that comment makes him look like a complete imbecile.

Let us see what the troll said:

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    I am sure that had the white candidate listened to the same sermons for the same period of time and gave the same reason, then you (theog) would not agree with it.
    Then he tried to get out of it:

I said something racist? No, no, no, that is coming from you.
    So now racism is coming from me.

That is amazing... so I'm not only left wondering what comments obama made that people must take up for... but now I'm wondering what is "coming" from me (what racist remarks).

All of this is really astonishing, considering this quote in his/her first post:

anyone that questions him (obama) is called a bigot, racist, and well, each of you knows exactly what is being stated.

Personally, I don't know what to take from all of it... well, I do, but it is not nice....

-----------------------------------------

I suggest you have become like too many liberals and just throw things out in anger.
    That was weak and pathetic. How old are you? Maybe that is the problem... how old are you (right around)?

You want to throw around subtle accusations and don't expect anyone to call you out on your foolishness? You want to allude that someone is a racist, then you want them to be ok with it? Good luck with that... I want to push you... see if you have an explanation... be nice--more than likely comical--to see what you come up with.

Guarantee you this: Every post you make or answer against obama, I'm going to ensure people know exactly who and what you are... and I don't even care for obama that much.
    Last edited by theog; 04/20/2008 at 09:31 PM.
  8.    #48  
    You really are upset about this and gosh, I sure did not cause it. No, you were not called a racist. The statement that people who question Obama are called racists - well, that came directly from an interview I caught from a link posted on Fox - the person stating it is a big time supporter of Obama.

I suggest you do not take this personally, I do not. Also feel free at any time to continue the attacks - I have not attacked you, but you are doing an excellent job of attacking me. Is it because I do not agree with you?

In closing, I suggest you find another source for your news sources. The evening television news just does not cut it.

Ben
    You really are upset about this and gosh, I sure did not cause it. No, you were not called a racist. The statement that people who question Obama are called racists - well, that came directly from an interview I caught from a link posted on Fox - the person stating it is a big time supporter of Obama.
    Right... you don't watch TV, but you might as well... cruising fox and abc is the same thing.

The more you post, the more comical you look.

I suggest you do not take this personally, I do not. Also feel free at any time to continue the attacks - I have not attacked you, but you are doing an excellent job of attacking me. Is it because I do not agree with you?
    Personal? Naw, I'm going to pressure you to see if you will answer the question. I see you are avoiding it like the plague... hoping I'll go away so you can continue with your personal agenda against obama.

Just like I said, I'm still waiting for an explanation on why you think you can allude that another forum member is a racist and think it is ok.

In case you forget what you said:

I am sure that had the white candidate listened to the same sermons for the same period of time and gave the same reason, then you (theog) would not agree with it.

In closing, I suggest you find another source for your news sources. The evening television news just does not cut it.

Ben
    For the second time, I don't get my news from TV... but what does you alluding that a forum member is racist have to do with that member watching news on TV?

Ahh... of course, this is boiler pandering for you... something to throw people off the real deal.

Your posts against obama are in the light now... can't wait to see what other things you decide to post once obama gets the nomination... my guess is your head will spin and blow up like that Dave Chappelle skit when the kkk found out their lead speaker was black.

Real question is: Do YOUR words count? Seems you are avoiding your own words... unlike obama who explains exactly what he said... even if I agree with obama or not, at least obama is man enough to face his mistakes.
    Last edited by theog; 04/21/2008 at 08:56 AM.
  10.    #50  
    Obama does avoid explaining what he says - you really have not paid attention to him and often times he attempts to stear toward another direction. You can attempt to pressure all you want to, it just goes to show that your actions are typical of one who feels threatened.

Ben
    Ben, you must have learned debating from listening to Sean Hannity.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  12.    #52  
    Thank you, Toby, I take that as a compliment. Ben
  13.    #53  
    Has anyone noticed that Barack Hussein Obama has refused Clinton's request to debate? Wow, is this something all of us are aware of but no one wants to mention? Could it be that he just does not want to have his words count again? Having to answer one more tough question, thinking on his feet. We sadly miss another opportunity to feed at the feet of the man that will unite us all together. To hear him say nothing, to hear him blame it all on one group.
    Has anyone noticed that Barack Hussein Obama has refused Clinton's request to debate? Wow, is this something all of us are aware of but no one wants to mention? Could it be that he just does not want to have his words count again? Having to answer one more tough question, thinking on his feet. We sadly miss another opportunity to feed at the feet of the man that will unite us all together. To hear him say nothing, to hear him blame it all on one group.
    He's in the lead. Does him no good to debate, can only hurt. Obama is going directly to the voters in the upcoming election states with solutions to the problems those voters are facing.

Your continued right wing attempt to support Hillary and foster division in the Democratic party will bear no fruit.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Your continued right wing attempt to support Hillary and foster division in the Democratic party will bear no fruit.
    That is not bclinger's agenda...

He question's obama's "words and actions" but refuses to to answer to his own racist and hateful words and actions....

His agenda has nothing to do with division of the democratic party....
    He's in the lead. Does him no good to debate, can only hurt. Obama is going directly to the voters in the upcoming election states with solutions to the problems those voters are facing...
    He was severely wounded by his San Fran chit chat.

And now after ABC's tabloidathon, he looks skittish of debates.

Knowing that the election is almost over, he's playing hide the ball, while trying to run out the clock.

This is a big mistake.

Debates offer him an oppurtunity to show himself ready to face McCain. Potentially they can really help him.

Instead he now looks scared and unready. Avoiding them re-enforces the perception that he's unprepared for a hard campaign.

When Hillary was way ahead and all the others were pummelling her, she still accepted every debate invite.

Obama has faced only 2 one on ones. If nothing else it would be a chance to get more national exposure for the general election -- as well as to hone his debate skilz.
    Last edited by BARYE; 04/27/2008 at 10:33 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    When Hillary was way ahead and all the others were pummelling her, she still accepted every debate invite.
    Well, she had no choice before. She couldn't be the only one who didn't show up to a Democratic debate.

Also, she refused to debate two of her challengers in her Senate runs.

I think your football metaphor is perfect. He's ahead, and if he runs out the clock, he wins. Clinton needs the debates. He doesn't.
    He was severely wounded by his San Fran chit chat.
    Wounded how? If you're referring to the Pennsylvania primary, in which a 20 point lead was erased to a 9 point victory then I would say no wounds.

If you actually read the transcript, it's a reference to the so called Reagen Democrats who repeatedly vote against their economic issues over social issues like gun control repeatedly. When facing an opponent like Hillary who is a leader in the DLC whose goals are to ship good paying manufacturing jobs overseas for cheap labor.

And now after ABC's tabloidathon, he looks skittish of debates.
    I don't think there is a rational person that could blame him after that, and yup I'm using the term, lynching.

Knowing that the election is almost over, he's playing hide the ball, while trying to run out the clock.

This is a big mistake.
    The nomination IS OVER. Mathematically Obama leads in the popular vote, number of states, and number of dedicated delegates. Done deal.

Debates offer him an oppurtunity to show himself ready to face McCain. Potentially they can really help him.

Instead he now looks scared and unready. Avoiding them re-enforces the perception that he's unprepared for a hard campaign.
    No, he's going to the people of Indiana and North Carolina and speaking to them directly. Debating Hillary is a moot point now.

Obama has faced only 2 one on ones. If nothing else it would be a chance to get more national exposure for the general election -- as well as to hone his debate skilz.
    Sorry. When was Hillary pummelling(sic) anyone? When Hillary carpet bagged her way to New York office she refused EVERY debate challenge. She's simply throwing this out there to hope for a gaffe during a debate or to use the refusal as an issue. The kitchen sink method is getting old. It's time for the Clintons and the DLC to be put out to pasture by the Democratic party. And the nomination numbers speak to just that.

It's time for LABOR to be the FORCE behind the Democratic Party once again and dismiss these Corporate Dems like the Clintons.

Good times are coming for Working Americans.
  19.    #59  
    Theog, what have I said that is racist and hateful? You really loose me there - you are throwing this out and nothing I have said is anywhere near there. My agenda? strictly on whether or not the candidates are responsible for their own words and why or why does everybody else answer their questions instead of the candidates themselves. If you consider that hateful, buddy you have a problem.

Obama has had a lot of problems with off the cuff comments, questions that he has not been prepared for, events he cannot fully control. Hillary almost the same and both change their stories when it suits them.

I feel that Obama's refusal to debate is a direct result of his unwillingness to be asked and forced to answer a direct or tough question. With so much to gain/loose, this is his way of keeping out of the "what I said" spot light.

Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    That is not bclinger's agenda...

He question's obama's "words and actions" but refuses to to answer to his own racist and hateful words and actions....

His agenda has nothing to do with division of the democratic party....
  20.    #60  
    DA, it is not a matter of debating. When a candidate gives a speech, the candidate does not normally have to answer questions. During a debate, everything is on the table. Giving speeches are also done in a controlled environment - he reads from his notes, does not have to think before speaking - all there for him to run with. In a debate, well, that is where Obama traditionally falls heavily on his face and his speeches have at times come back to haunt him.

Ben

Wounded how? If you're referring to the Pennsylvania primary, in which a 20 point lead was erased to a 9 point victory then I would say no wounds.

If you actually read the transcript, it's a reference to the so called Reagen Democrats who repeatedly vote against their economic issues over social issues like gun control repeatedly. When facing an opponent like Hillary who is a leader in the DLC whose goals are to ship good paying manufacturing jobs overseas for cheap labor.

I don't think there is a rational person that could blame him after that, and yup I'm using the term, lynching.

The nomination IS OVER. Mathematically Obama leads in the popular vote, number of states, and number of dedicated delegates. Done deal.

No, he's going to the people of Indiana and North Carolina and speaking to them directly. Debating Hillary is a moot point now.

Sorry. When was Hillary pummelling(sic) anyone? When Hillary carpet bagged her way to New York office she refused EVERY debate challenge. She's simply throwing this out there to hope for a gaffe during a debate or to use the refusal as an issue. The kitchen sink method is getting old. It's time for the Clintons and the DLC to be put out to pasture by the Democratic party. And the nomination numbers speak to just that.

It's time for LABOR to be the FORCE behind the Democratic Party once again and dismiss these Corporate Dems like the Clintons.

Good times are coming for Working Americans.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast