1.    #1  
    I belong to an organization that is redesigning the website and the discussion of search engine positioning and blogs came up. We have all heard about how search engine spiders recognize "blog" content as fresh and thus spider it more often helping its search engine positioning or frequency. I have found this to be correct regarding my own website.

However, this is an organization of fifteen or twenty different people and the debate over who gets to post to the blog and who monitors it complicate the situation and I don't think everyone will agree.

I am looking for other ways to create "fresh content" and have seen some webhosts who offer online calendars. An online events calendar would be a great feature for our website and it would be updated often.

My question is...do search engine spiders recognize online calendars as fresh content the way they do blogs? In addition, does anyone here have advice on other ways we can accomplish our goal?

Thanks
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    I'd highly recommend getting to some seoseoseo $sites$/$blogs$/$forums$.

I normally add content by adding pages each month (consistently)... on one site I stopped doing that and only blogged and dropped in rankings. My other site is #1 across y, m, g but I added a blog... no change (drop) so far.

Calendar? I'm not so sure. I'd look more to adding "real" content far as articles from those 20 or so people you have there. Calendar can be a side part that adds to the content you upload.

Plus, even outside of "gaming the system", point of a website is for people to visit (more people will help). Will only an updated calendar help them at all? Will that bring them back to your site?

But I've had a static site remain at #1 on g (on some search terms)... my guess it was based on the # of people visiting. While not updated much, it is a solid site. I work in niche markets most of the time.

Bunch of different factors... I'm not an seoseoseo, $but$ $I$ $did$ $stay$ $at$ $a$ $Holiday$ $Inn$ $last$ $night$.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    I belong to an organization that is redesigning the website and the discussion of search engine positioning and blogs came up. We have all heard about how search engine spiders recognize "blog" content as fresh and thus spider it more often helping its search engine positioning or frequency. I have found this to be correct regarding my own website.

However, this is an organization of fifteen or twenty different people and the debate over who gets to post to the blog and who monitors it complicate the situation and I don't think everyone will agree.

I am looking for other ways to create "fresh content" and have seen some webhosts who offer online calendars. An online events calendar would be a great feature for our website and it would be updated often.

My question is...do search engine spiders recognize online calendars as fresh content the way they do blogs? In addition, does anyone here have advice on other ways we can accomplish our goal?

Thanks
    Search Engines (let's just call it what it is), Google, doesn't care what form web content is presented in, blog or not. If it's updated often then it's a plus.

You don't have to have a "blog" per se but presenting informative and frequent HELPFUL articles regarding your industry will only help your website.

Stay away from SEOSEOSEO $companies$. $They$ $are$ $all$ $liars$.