1.    #1  
    I just heard about this new airline jetBlue. They have flights to JFK from Salt Lake, and since I'll be going to NYC in a few months, I'd like to know if I should book with them, or stick with delta.
    I've flown on Jetblue, and the experience was good. Really cheap, red-eye flight, good service. They're based in NYC, so all flights go to/from there, and there are a limited number of them since the company isn't huge. Each seat has free TV (basic cable stations)--better than reading SkyMall, anyway.
    I haven't flown JetBlue, but I'm a big advocate of supporting the start-up airlines. They are so easily bullied by the big-guys that I feel it is important to help get them started.

I KNOW I wouldn't want to travel in a world where my only choices were Delta and NWA!
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    How do I get rid of the JETBLUE advertisement screen in my treo650 when I start it or turning it off.
    Anybody knows what file it may be to delete?
    HUH? On you treo?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I had one flight scheduled on one of these new upstarts (not Jet Blue, forgot which one). When I got the airport, flight was cancelled because the company closed 6AM East Coast time. I had to wait in the airport, standbye on another airline. Called the plane company when I got home, they said they will refund but to this date, nada.

Called my credit card company and told them to cancel the charge due to breach of contract. Thank you for that option.
    Quote Originally Posted by vifon
    I just heard about this new airline jetBlue. They have flights to JFK from Salt Lake, and since I'll be going to NYC in a few months, I'd like to know if I should book with them, or stick with delta.
    Well, they've been around for several years now and the ads about feeling like you're sitting in first class have rung true for me. Leg room and first-class style seats with a TV for each. I found their service to be great, from ticketing, to boarding to flying and deplaning.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    JetBlue has been around for several years and has a great reputation for, low fares, comfortable seats (the seats in the back actually have bit more leg room than the forward seats), DirectTV basic at your seat, and always easy to find a non-stop flight. I've never had a bad experience flying JetBlue.

However, if you are a frequent flyer, hey have a very sucky mileage plan - which is fine because I imagine that is how they keep their fares down. Unfortunately for me I fly way too much not to fly on an airline with a decent FF plan.

Also, they are not everywhere yet. They are still a small airline and open service slowly at different airports. In fact, although they've been at JFK for at least 4 years, they are just getting around to flying out of Newark - and those flights are currently limited to Florida destinations.
    Gfunkmagic, yes.
    When I turn my phone off the screen shows: "thank you for using jeyblue"
    When I turn the phone on it says: "Welcome aboard Jetblue"

Anybody knows how I can delete that?
    When JetsGo folded on March 11th, Credit Companies immediately issued a statement saying, do not call us for a reverse charge, only call after which your proposed day of travel has passed, then they will refund the money. Which was done, as my brother and his curling team was supposed to go to Edmonton (they ended up going with Air Canada) and this is the protocol mastercard told him and on the statements issued to the public

JetsGo founder Michel LeBlanc is on the same hitlist as Klara Homloka...his history/bankrupcy history:

1985: Partner in Nordair
    1987: Merged with Quebecair --> New name: Inter-Canadian
    1990: Company was changed to Intair. LeBlanc jumped ship from the airline, by years end, bankrupt

Then well read the rrest

The next year, Leblanc and a new partner launched Royal Aviation Inc., which rapidly grew from a small charter operation into a significant scheduled competitor of Air Canada.

Royal merged with its charter rival Canada 3000 early in 2001, and Leblanc, who became vice-chairman, pocketed shares worth $84 million. He was fired a few months later, and Canada 3000 sued him, alleging he had provided his partners with inaccurate financial information. The allegations were never proved in court, and before the end of the year Canada 3000 was gone, killed in the aftermath of Sept. 11.

Leblanc liquidated most of his Canada 3000 shares before they ceased trading, which left him still a multi-millionaire.

Ever the optimist, he came back on his own in June 2002, starting up Jetsgo as the sole proprietor.

Cost-cutting rules

As a private company, Jetsgo never had to issue financial reports. Leblanc kept costs down with a few simple rules:

Keep wages low.
    Make pilots finance their own expensive training.
    Lease old aircraft cheaply.
    Stick to two plane models, to minimize the overhead of spare parts.
    Push ticket sales to the internet.

In March 2004, he found a new financial partner, when the Fidelity funds invested $25 million in Jetsgo. Many remained skeptical, and Fidelity hedged by investing even more money in Jetsgo's competitors, Westjet and Air Canada.

Leblanc kept a brave face. "We're operating a proper airline on a good financial basis," he told one newspaper just a few weeks before Jetsgo collapsed. "We're paying all our bills. We're paying our payroll. I'm not saying the market isn't difficult. That would be a lie. But we're holding our own in the market, and advanced booking sales are extremely strong."

In the end, the negative forces around him won the upper hand. But history would suggest the phoenix will rise again.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/ai...nc_michel.html
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyca
    JetBlue has been around for several years and has a great reputation for, low fares, comfortable seats (the seats in the back actually have bit more leg room than the forward seats), DirectTV basic at your seat, and always easy to find a non-stop flight. I've never had a bad experience flying JetBlue.

However, if you are a frequent flyer, hey have a very sucky mileage plan - which is fine because I imagine that is how they keep their fares down. Unfortunately for me I fly way too much not to fly on an airline with a decent FF plan.

Also, they are not everywhere yet. They are still a small airline and open service slowly at different airports. In fact, although they've been at JFK for at least 4 years, they are just getting around to flying out of Newark - and those flights are currently limited to Florida destinations.
    I agree. I stated that because even the old venerable airlines are folding.

Wonder what makes these JetBlue management tick and able survive the fare wars and high cost of operations?
    I only fly JetBlue if I can. Very comfortable, DirectTV and roomy.
    I hate it when I'm shuttle between NYC and Boston or Chicago and I have to take AA or United....they are so uncomfortable!

All new planes. Anything over 5 years old, they sell and get new planes.
    How do they keep their fares low?
    1) No food on the plane, except snacks.
    2) They begin cleaning the plane before landing, making it easier for the next flight, which means efficient take off times.
    3) All E-tickets.
    4) Customer service is great. Many people from customer service work out of their houses. They are still JetBlue, but they have taken the "working from home" to the next level. Lowers their rent and administration costs. Full benefits for people working from home, btw.
    5) Small company, so they don't have too much overhead for hanger space costs everywhere. Started in NYC by taken over the "Eastern" hanger, which went under and was very cheap to take over.
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else