1.    #1  
    My sis booted up her computer this AM and she has her account password protected so it comes up to the user selection screen. Instead of the normal one account listed (her's which is the admin account) there were two. The one listed above her's was "Bad Account" and her password for her user account was no longer valid.

Has anyone come across this before? It sounds like a virus but I don't know for sure. Any suggestions?
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    My sis booted up her computer this AM and she has her account password protected so it comes up to the user selection screen. Instead of the normal one account listed (her's which is the admin account) there were two. The one listed above her's was "Bad Account" and her password for her user account was no longer valid.

Has anyone come across this before? It sounds like a virus but I don't know for sure. Any suggestions?
    I've seen something similar, though not exactly the same as this before

check this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

there are also free programs that can reset XP (Home) passwords
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Attached is a MS Word doc with instructions on resetting the Windows XP Password using the Knoppix STD Linux distro.

I tried to post them, but the formatting kept interferring and making a mess, so I just attached the file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
    if its just a matter of recovering a password, try this site. It offers a free simple process -- though it did not work for getting into an XP Professional (getting back in as an administrator required a $50 program that reset all passwords)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)