1.    #1  
    Does anyone here have any experiences with the Sony DVD/CD jukeboxes? I received a promotional offer from them, and I was actually considering making the jump to a jukebox. Comments, criticisms, snide remarks?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Snide remark:

Isn't that what MP3s are for?

We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    Would a jukebox be a...CD/DVD changer...? Sony always makes high quality equipment, though you may be able to often find a product at an equivalent price thats better quality for less cash.

I'd personally prefer going with an MP3 type deal also, easier to organize & name Albums/Tracks.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by homer
    Isn't that what MP3s are for?
    Were it solely for music, and I was listening through my computer, that might be a consideration, but ultimately, I like CDs. Of course, that does me no good for watching DVDs.

Originally posted by Matthew Nichols
    Would a jukebox be a...CD/DVD changer...?
    Yes, although its primary purpose would be DVDs in my case. CD jukeboxes are cheaper as CD-only standalones (and the DVD jukebox I'm considering can control Sony ones as well).

Sony always makes high quality equipment, though you may be able to often find a product at an equivalent price thats better quality for less cash.
    Quite possible, but compatibility with my existing components is a plus as well.

I'd personally prefer going with an MP3 type deal also, easier to organize & name Albums/Tracks.
    Again, that would work for CDs, but DVDs are my primary consideration here. Besides, I'm not much on MP3s in the first place. They're only good for first impressions of new music, IMO.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    I don't quite understand why you would need a changer for DVDs though? I'm not trying to be a know-it-all or attack you, but how often are you ging to be watching these movies that you need them instantly and are incapable of getting up, opening a tray, and putting the movie in. The only benefit I see is for multiple disc sets...but still.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
  6.    #6  
    I don't quite understand why you would need a changer for DVDs though?
    Why would anyone need a changer for anything? Convenience plays a big part in it. However, the main reason probably has to do with have a budding toddler who loves to raid the CD and DVD racks in the living room (See pictures 2 and 3). Putting the racks in a location where she can't reach them usually makes them inconvenient for us to get to. A DVD changer makes them both secure (since the entertainment center is childproofed) and convenient. Additionally, it makes cataloguing our library easier. The cases can then be boxed up and stored away.

I'm not trying to be a know-it-all or attack you, but how often are you ging to be watching these movies that you need them instantly and are incapable of getting up, opening a tray, and putting the movie in. The only benefit I see is for multiple disc sets...but still.
    One could make the same argument against MP3s, though. To answer the question, though, we probably watch something on DVD more often than something on TV.
    Originally posted by Toby

One could make the same argument against MP3s, though. To answer the question, though, we probably watch something on DVD more often than something on TV.
    Yeah, I hear that...

So did you order the unit yet? Everything in my "home theatre" (if you can call it that) is Sony up to now and I've been fairly happy with it, though I don't think I'll be going Sony for my reciever.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
  8. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    ...you may be able to often find a product at an equivalent price ... for less cash.
    Wow, that's a neat trick! Can you teach me how to find a product at an equivalent price for less cash?
    Originally posted by Rob

Wow, that's a neat trick! Can you teach me how to find a product at an equivalent price for less cash?
    Uh...um...No, its a secret!
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
  10.    #10  
    So did you order the unit yet?
    It's arriving today. I'm ready for the marathon setup session, I hope. In case you were wondering, this is the jukebox in question.

Everything in my "home theatre" (if you can call it that) is Sony up to now and I've been fairly happy with it, though I don't think I'll be going Sony for my reciever.
    My setup is a mix of Sony, Pioneer, and RCA at the moment, but it seems that most of the new things I've been getting have been Sony, so in a couple of years, that may change (TV and current CD player have at least that much life left).
    If that unit could play MP3's burned to a CD, then I could get rid of several of my components.