1.    #1  
    shame on all of you who were expecting that BARYE had begun a thread on the conservative neocon Punditocracy. On Rush and Hannity. That I wanted to do a political slam on McCain. Or junior.

For shame.

So often BARYE is the victim prejudice.

No. This thread is about love.

About passion.

About Wikipedia.

And what happens when they’re all mixed up and shaken in the torrid hormonal soup that is a hot Conservative babe:

Fury of a woman scorned – on Wikipedia
    The London Times March 4, 2008
    Will Pavia and Philippe Naughton

It was a boy meets girl story for the web 2.0 generation. But when it all turned sour the recriminations resounded through the blogosphere while the dirty laundry was put up for sale on eBay.

She was Rachel Marsden, 33, the Canadian right-wing political pundit used to airing the tangles of her personal life online. He was Jimmy Wales, 41, the co-founder of Wikipedia, the web encyclopaedia that aims to provide up-to-date “user-generated” information.

On Saturday Ms Marsden logged on to discover that her own particular affair had also been updated. She had been dumped on Wikipedia.

Mr Wales posted a statement on the site noting that: “I am no longer involved with Rachel Marsden.”

In response Ms Marsden did what any self-respecting scorned cyber-pundit would do. She dug out the shirt and jumper that her former lover had worn during what was apparently their only night together and put them up for sale on eBay. “Hi, my name is Rachel and my (now ex) boyfriend, Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales, just broke up with me via an announcement on Wikipedia,” she wrote.[ "PS: Sorry that my hair is such a mess -- I'm in breakup mode right now and really couldn't be bothered." ]

By last night bidding on the T-shirt, complete with stubborn stains, had reached more than 150 while bids on the jumper had climbed past 200.

She also sent a transcript of their passionate conversations on an instant messenger service to a California technology blog...

Mr Wales [explained:]...“Rachel Marsden first approached me via e-mail two years ago with complaints about her bio,” ...It already contained plenty of points of controversy. In the late 1990s, as a college swimming star, she had accused the team coach of sexual harassment. The coach, who was fired and then reinstated, claimed that she had harassed him. In 2004 she had been given a conditional discharge for harassing a radio host.

What concerned Ms Marsden, however, was an account of her entanglement with a Canadian counter-terrorism officer with whom she had a two-year affair. On her blog she accused him of passing her secret documents; he accused her of harassment.

Either way, they clearly hit it off. In one IM message after their meeting, Wales reportedly tells her: "btw, i am recovered from 24 hours of marathon sex. lol."

In another exchange carried on Valleywag the pair compare broadband services around the world, and Wales complains about the miserly download speeds offered in America.

"When you talk about megabits and broadband, you have no idea what that does to me," she replies provocatively.

For some reason, however, the relationship soured — possibly because Wales realized that Marsden was keeping a copy of all their "hot" instant messages on her Google e-mail account.

Citing "friends" of the Wikipedia founder, Valleywag reported that Wales had become fearful that Marsden would use the transcripts to blackmail him and threatened to have her deported back to Canada.

Oh -- for those looking for some warmth -- perhaps looking to wear a little bit of history -- Ms. Marsden has this fetching sweater on offer:

more...

On her website she has a clip from CNN where she speaks wistfully of Senator Joseph McCarthy.

These photos are from her own website:

Just for fun (bottom...third from right)
    Last edited by BARYE; 03/05/2008 at 03:00 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Sounds like conservative is hardly her "problem;" sounds like she is just plain crazy.
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    Mr Wales [explained:]...“Rachel Marsden first approached me via e-mail two years ago with complaints about her bio,” ...It already contained plenty of points of controversy. In the late 1990s, as a college swimming star, she had accused the team coach of sexual harassment. The coach, who was fired and then reinstated, claimed that she had harassed him. In 2004 she had been given a conditional discharge for harassing a radio host.

That guy was an *****... I would not have given her the time of day. Past performance is an indication of future "drama."

I've been seeing this off and on... it is childish. Mr. Wales needs to shut up and let this pass. Every comment he makes puts fuel to the flames. If he were to shut up, this would "go away" in three months and die in six.

For the record, no I don't blame her for this. He knew exactly what he was getting into when he decided to sleep with her. In addition, if you are in the "spotlight" why are you sending embarrassing emails, IMs, text messages etc to (almost) strangers?
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001