Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    On the way to the hospital last week, I had to drive into oncoming traffic to miss the snipper bullets.

I said give it a week and people would stop talking about the "snipper fire" but now it seems something else is here to replace it.

Hillary is tarnishing her brand....

Clinton drops hospital story from stump speech

Sen. Hillary Clinton will stop telling an emotional story about a uninsured pregnant woman who died after being denied medical care, Clinton's campaign said.

Sen. Hillary Clinton was repeating a story she heard from someone on the campaign trail.

A hospital has raised questions over the accuracy of the story, and Clinton's campaign has said although they had no reason to doubt the story, they were unable to confirm the details.

In the story, Clinton describes a woman from rural Ohio who was making minimum wage at a local pizza shop. The woman, who was uninsured, became pregnant.

The woman ran into trouble and went to a hospital in a nearby county but was denied treatment because she couldn't afford a $100 payment.

In her speeches, Clinton said the woman later was taken to the hospital by ambulance and lost the baby. The young woman was then taken by helicopter to a Columbus hospital where she died of complications.
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/...tal/index.html
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I want obama to win against hillary just to see how he attempts an upset... see what "plan" he comes up with. Will be darn interesting to say the least.
    I want him to do just the opposite. I'd like him to be himself - flaws and all - and win the election based on his intellect and willingness to play nicely with those that have opposing views when he is President. If the GOP wins one of the houses back and Obama takes the White House, I'll be a happy camper....unless my theory that such balance is required for our government to function less dysfunctional(y) is proven wrong.

We already have a President who won solely based on "planning" (by Karl Rove) to represent himself as something he clearly was not - and feel free to take your pick here...compassionate conservative, uniter not a divider, restore honesty and integrity to the oval office, etc. We know he certainly didn't win based on his intellect or track record of success (or rather abysmal, corkscrewing, failures) in business. Hillary and McCain seem to be swimming in those same lanes - both pretending to be something they are not.
  3.    #103  
    On the way to the hospital last week, I had to drive into oncoming traffic to miss the snipper bullets.

I said give it a week and people would stop talking about the "snipper fire" but now it seems something else is here to replace it.

Hillary is tarnishing her brand....
    ABC News -- which fulsomely ran that same story -- snook in at the end, ACTUAL video of a Deputy Sheriff as he told her that story originally.

She has been innocently repeating what she was told -- but the media don't want you to know this
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    She has been innocently repeating what she was told -- but the media don't want you to know this
    So you're saying that she doesn't do basic fact-checking? Personally, I hear all these stories told on the campaign trail, and I think bull puckey. I give them the same credence as the stories I get in my email. They're urban legends designed to elicit emotion, which in my world is why I loathe all politicians.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    ABC News -- which fulsomely ran that same story -- snook in at the end, ACTUAL video of a Deputy Sheriff as he told her that story originally.

So if I tell her a good story she will repeat it? Sorry, but repeating a story from a 3rd source does not make much sense IMO. No pass... if the lady had lied to her directly, then I would have given her a pass of 100%. Although, some things I think candidates have to verify... like that Iraq weapons story obama threw out there (could not be verified).... some things are so powerful you have to follow them up.

Either way, the implosion continues....

Clinton's top strategist quits

Sen. Hillary Clinton's chief presidential campaign strategist is quitting his post amid criticism of his public relations firm's contacts with the Colombian government over a pending free-trade deal, Clinton's campaign announced.
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/...ign/index.html
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    So you're saying that she doesn't do basic fact-checking? Personally, I hear all these stories told on the campaign trail, and I think bull puckey. I give them the same credence as the stories I get in my email. They're urban legends designed to elicit emotion, which in my world is why I loathe all politicians.
    where we differ Toby is in your selectiveness.

Personally I hate all humans. (except as the main course, of course...)

As for fact checking a Deputy Sheriff ??

It was an anecdote -- one she heard -- that seemed genuine. It came from someone without an apparent motive to deceive.

It was an anecdote that illustrated a real problem that Hillary passionately cares about.

The press are magnifying and distorting the story because they HATE her.
    Last edited by BARYE; 04/07/2008 at 01:06 AM.
  7.    #107  

Clinton's top strategist quits

Sen. Hillary Clinton's chief presidential campaign strategist is quitting his post amid criticism of his public relations firm's contacts with the Colombian government over a pending free-trade deal, Clinton's campaign announced...
    Beyond Axelrod and those mechanics, Obama has had another unwritten about but significant advantage. It was one that he shared with Governor Silly Puddy.

The passionate love and allegiance of a heretofore unrepresented niche of american society.

Romney (in addition to his own giant gifts, loans etc.) got massive campaign contributions from a wide variety of Mormons. Mormons who identified with his quest for the Presidency. HE was his group's champion -- their best candidate to get that high office.

Obama has similarly gotten huge numbers of contributions from the Black community. His millions of small contributors have been a resource that Hillary has not been able to equal.

Though she is as well the representative of an under represented niche -- women -- they have never endorsed and identified with her in the numbers or passion the Gov. Silly Puddy's and Obama's have.

Amongst several factors -- which I'll probably enumerate in a separate post -- money and the raising of it has played a key part in Hillary's unfortunate likely defeat.
    Last edited by BARYE; 04/07/2008 at 01:07 AM.
    It would be interesting to see how many blacks vs. the amount of whites sent money to obama. You could be right on the black support, but I'd have to see it on paper. But I still say the story with obama is the white vote, not so much as the black vote.

Hillary has made SO many mistakes.... she has to stay up until 3 am... when you make a lot of mistakes you have to stay up to get things done correctly.

I believe when history is read 50 years from now, it will read that Hillary highly underestimated obama in Iowa. Obama had a plan and hillary no counter. Although, I guess you could spin that to say it "should" have been a walk in the park for her. Heck, everyone knew that from Jul '07 to Jan 08. lol

Far as money... the dems are spending it like crazy... how much did mccain spend? $400? v.s the 4 billion between hill and oba. Point is that hillary has enough... more than enough. She ran out due to mismanagement (her incompetence or maybe her trust in others), but I think she is on it now.

Anyway, do you really think the media *hates* hillary? Unfortunately, I don't think so. What sells... "TheOG" on the front of the NYT or Paris Hilton? That was the problem in the start... but as time went on she started making tons of mistakes... and being who she is, of course reporters report.
  9.    #109  
    It would be interesting to see how many blacks vs. the amount of whites sent money to obama. You could be right on the black support, but I'd have to see it on paper. But I still say the story with obama is the white vote, not so much as the black vote...
    I haven't seen any studies that support my hypothesis -- nor would it be easy to do.

Its unlikely that their online donors are asked to identify themselves ethnically. The question (though potentially important for a campaign to know in terms of targeting messages and appeals) might well be perceived as offensive by people of EVERY ethnic persuasion who visit or donates. (Post election maybe someone will attempt a random sampling survey to try to learn more about who his contributors were).

But based on the numbers of self-nominated small denominational contributions he's getting, its reasonable to assume that a very large part of those originate from new contributors, many of whom are black.

As I said earlier, this was true for Romney, it was true when JFK was the first Catholic, it will be true when the first Jewish-American with a legitimate shot of winning runs, or when the first Simian-American is permitted to run .

Anyway, do you really think the media *hates* hillary? Unfortunately, I don't think so. What sells... "TheOG" on the front of the NYT or Paris Hilton? That was the problem in the start... but as time went on she started making tons of mistakes... and being who she is, of course reporters report.

I listen to alot of news -- cable and network shoutcasts. NPR. I struggle to read the occasional written story despite my illiteracy. Sometimes I catch Faux news.

I used to be a loyal MSNBC viewer -- and a keen devotee of Keith Doberman.

It is indescribable the quantity and toxicity of the venom poring forth from the orifices of Doberman, Mathews et al of MSNBC. My very fur is singed from my flesh by just a casual listen to that network while they pretend to discuss Hillary with "dispassionate neutrality".

The press LOATHES her -- not just MSNBC -- though MSNBC is no doubt the worst. I could probably recite some of their more egregious examples, but I’d be reduced to a babbling, blubbering heap if I had to have those images in my mind for even a moment longer...
    Last edited by BARYE; 04/07/2008 at 03:41 AM.
    But based on the numbers of self-nominated small denominational contributions he's getting, its reasonable to assume that a very large part of those originate from new contributors, many of whom are black.
    I'm not so sure... think you are on a slippery slope with this one... could be those low contributions are from college kids.

Romney was a victim of McCain's "clean" politics. McCain decimated Romney in FL with a straight lie (ok, distortion of the truth) and carried it on into the debates even though he was corrected.

The press LOATHES her -- not just MSNBC -- though MSNBC is no doubt the worst. I could probably recite some of their more egregious examples, but Id be reduced to a babbling, blubbering heap if I had to have those images in my mind for even a moment longer...
    When you do things like keep your 28-year-old daughter from reporters, keeping items from the press, etc, etc.... I guess you are bound to meet some resistance.

I thought the media was fair with all candidates... if anything, I thought they were not fair with some of the candidates by not giving those candidates equal time on "air."
    where we differ Toby is in your selectiveness.

Personally I hate all humans. (except as the main course, of course...)
    I realise it's part of your schtick, but it's really difficult to hold a conversation with asides like this.
    As for fact checking a Deputy Sheriff ??
    Did she check his political party at least? I'm sure the Republicans are to blame somewhere.
    It was an anecdote -- one she heard -- that seemed genuine.
    There's a reason why anecdotal evidence is often discounted out of hand.
    It came from someone without an apparent motive to deceive.
    Motive to deceive is really irrelevant. At that level, if you're going to relay a story, you should really get your people to find out if there's any basis in fact.
    It was an anecdote that illustrated a real problem that Hillary passionately cares about.
    Was it? Or was it an anecdote designed to get us scared of an enemy to grant her political power so that she could save us? Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.
    The press are magnifying and distorting the story because they HATE her.
    No, they're magnifying the story because it sells.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Obama has similarly gotten huge numbers of contributions from the Black community. His millions of small contributors have been a resource that Hillary has not been able to equal.
    Yes, look at how much such contributions helped Ron Paul. You'll have to look deeper to see the shortcomings of your hero.
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Yes, look at how much such contributions helped Ron Paul. You'll have to look deeper to see the shortcomings of your hero.
    I realize it's part of your schtick, but if you're going to use logic and facts, it will be hard to continue to have an argument with you --

On the surface Ron Paul seems an apt analogy.

Paul had zillions in small donations, an enthusiastic base of supporters, a message many found inspirational. Why wasn't he the GOP Obama ??

For one, Paul swam in a very different petri dish than Obama -- there just aren't that many GOP voters (left) that oppose junior -- his climate change policies, his economic policies, his wars.

Though he had a passionate niche that gave him a base (many spirited out of state students worked hard on his behalf), they often weren't actual voters. And that base certainly wasn't half the GOP voting population (as was S Carolina for Obama -- the primary that followed his unexpected loss in NH).

Obama also drew beyond his base -- attracting enthusiastic support among young progressives and the educated upper class.

Obama's petri dish was also inherently conducive for him -- having the Senate's most liberal voting record actually helps in a Democratic primary.

Obama was a much better speaker and debater than Paul -- and his campaign ran far more shrewdly on a basic mechanical level.

Obama's success was not just the product of a wide reservoir of financial support from his base, but that money was the prerequisite for everything else. (i.e his caucus successes, having the money to outspend Hillary on Super Tuesday, having the money to blunt blowout defeats in Ohio, Texas, and Pa....)
    Last edited by BARYE; 04/07/2008 at 01:20 PM.
  14.    #114  
    I'm not so sure... think you are on a slippery slope with this one... could be those low contributions are from college kids.
    when I was in school, I could hardly afford pizza -- few college kids can afford to donate much beyond their time and labor.

Romney was a victim of McCain's "clean" politics. McCain decimated Romney in FL with a straight lie (ok, distortion of the truth) and carried it on into the debates even though he was corrected.
    As I said a long time before Iowa, Governor Silly Puddy made empty suits feel ashamed. He was a pathetic hollow ersatz candidate, without a genuine core virtue in even the DNA of his slicky hair.

His defeat by McCain or Hillary or Obama was as inevitable as BARYE's conquest of the planet Earth.

McCain triumphed mostly because despite all his GOPesque flaws, he was seen to be the most real. The GOP field was extradinarily weak to start anyway. Guiliani, Silly Puddy, Paul, Hunter, Thompson -- the more they campaigned, the more they debated -- the worse they seemed.

When you do things like keep your 28-year-old daughter from reporters, keeping items from the press, etc, etc.... I guess you are bound to meet some resistance.
    Chelsea doesn't see herself -- nor does she want to be seen -- as a public political figure.

She doesn't do press interviews, she doesn't make televised speeches, she doesn't go on cable shoutcast shows to defend or represent her parents.

That you and the press are curious about her does not make her subject to their inquiry if she freely chooses to not to talk to them.

BTW -- I once met Chelsea one night many years ago in an all night DC CVS drugstore. It was about 1am the summer before she went to college or the summer after. She was out with a few of her chums (mixed genders).

Though her dad was still Prez, I saw (weirdly) no secret service. No one besides me noticed her.

I told her I admired her Dad. She was sweetly polite.

After they on foot left the store I watched them walk through Dupont Circle (for those who know DC), but still saw nothing that looked like security anywhere in sight.
    Regarding the story from the deputy sheriff retold by her numerous times, I've seen the footage of the sheriff telling it to her, and he looks so stilted I think they gave him the story to tell her so she could repeat it.

Regarding that fat gas bag, Mark Penn .... THIS IS WHO THE CLINTONS ARE PEOPLE. They pretend to be Democrats but suck at the global corporate teet at the expense of working class people across the globe!

If you are what the media refers to as a "Lunch Pail Democrat" and you support Hillary, I beg you to lift up that rock and see what's crawling around underneath.
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Regarding the story from the deputy sheriff retold by her numerous times, I've seen the footage of the sheriff telling it to her, and he looks so stilted I think they gave him the story to tell her so she could repeat it.
    unless there is ANY evidence to support that belief, this is just an opinion based on your preconceived feelings of hostility for her.

Regarding that fat gas bag, Mark Penn .... THIS IS WHO THE CLINTONS ARE PEOPLE. They pretend to be Democrats but suck at the global corporate teet at the expense of working class people across the globe!

Do you wanna know how I feel about Mark Penn’s departure ??

Good riddance !! Months and upteen millions of dollars too late.

He was a monstrously expensive and embarrassingly ineffective campaign consultant. When conditions demanded nimbleness and agility, Penn was dogmatic and unimaginative. When confronted with an opponent who connected to people intuitively, Penn methodically plodded forth with the martial image that he had preconceived as needed for a woman to win in November's general election.

He was wrong as the spokesperson, wrong as the chief strategist.

Maggie Williams, Hillary’s campaign manager, fired him. Months too late, unfortunately.

BTW -- does anyone even know who Maggie Williams is ??

About how deep and long is her and Hillary's connection ?? About the fact that their asociation with each other dates back more than a 25 years to when they both worked at the Children's Defense Fund in the ‘80's (where I briefly met them both whilst working on a video project as a PA. The project was on behalf of the Children's Defense Fund -- Maggie Williams was in effect the producer).

When Hillary got to the White House she brought Maggie Williams with her to be her chief of staff.

I first wrote about her just after Iowa in early January. I wondered then why she was not more up-front as the spokesperson/face of the campaign -- instead of being just an influential force behind the scenes.

Though she’s the current campaign manager, for some reason she shuns the spotlight.

01/06/2008 (2 days before the NH primary)

S.Carolina's Democratic Party is possibly more than half black.

Though there is genuine love for both Bill and Hill in the African American community, I have have always feared that Obama would trump that.

That loyalty is more specifically directed at Bill in any case -- few for instance know that Hillary's White House chief of staff from the beginning was Maggie Williams, a Black woman -- a woman who had previously worked for the Children's Defense Fund (which was lead by Marian Wright Edelman, another longtime friend of Hillary's, and another distingished Black woman.)

A lot of decisions by voters are right now being made on the basis of visceral feeling -- as opposed to creatures like mine's cynical dispassionate rationality.

Its so hard to be negative in the primary -- especially by a Hillary against an Obama (for a multitude of reasons).

Voters see Obama now unsullied, unbruised by mud or Swiftboating.

Come November the GOP scum squad will make him seem unfit for jury duty.

Clinton strategist left mark, message
    By: Ben Smith Politico
    April 7, 2008

...Penn's decision to step down Sunday came after a contretemps about his work for a foreign government triggered the latest in a series of public distractions from her presidential campaign.

Clinton's campaign manager Maggie Williams appeared to tie Penn's departure to his meeting with the Colombian government, a client of the public relations firm he leads, about their campaign for a free trade agreement Clinton opposes. But for Clinton's aides and advisors, the meeting was just the latest in a list of complaints about Penn that began with his strategic decision last year to focus on a message of strength and electability rather than inspiration, and his insistence on highlighting policy over passion. His $13 million in campaign billing and his insistence on maintaining his salary as worldwide CEO of the firm Burson Marsteller were also sources of tension within the campaign.

"After the events of the last few days, Mark Penn has asked to give up his role as Chief Strategist of the Clinton Campaign; Mark, and Penn, Schoen and Berland Associates, Inc. will continue to provide polling and advice to the campaign," said Williams in a statement to reporters early Sunday evening.

Williams said Clinton's communications director, Howard Wolfson, and a pollster who recently joined the campaign, Geoff Garin, "will coordinate the campaign's strategic message team going forward."

...even as Clinton proved an able candidate, Illinois Senator Barack Obama's soaring rhetoric connected with voters and generated tremendous grass roots enthusiasm, providing a stark contrast between the two.

Since Clinton's 2000 campaign for Senate, Penn had argued for a focus on policy over emotion.

"Being human is overrated," Penn reportedly joked at a debate prep session last winter, and the remark was, to his critics, his central failing.

...He led strategy calls, headed Clinton's team in post-debate "spin rooms," and was a rumpled, occasionally aggrieved figure on television until a new campaign manager, Williams, forbade him to make any further appearances...
    Last edited by BARYE; 04/09/2008 at 02:53 PM.
  17.    #117  
    If you are what the media refers to as a "Lunch Pail Democrat" and you support Hillary, I beg you to lift up that rock and see what's crawling around underneath.
    The truth is BARYE has mixed feelings about humanity. He loves mankind but hates people. His favorite book though, is titled: “To Serve Man”.

Its a collection of recipes...

I'm not sure -- was that the kind of "Lunch Pail Democrat" you had in mind ??
    Last edited by BARYE; 04/08/2008 at 09:09 AM.
  18.    #118  

...If you are what the media refers to as a "Lunch Pail Democrat" and you support Hillary, I beg you to lift up that rock and see what's crawling around underneath.
    Alright -- a semi-serious answer to the question you’ve basically asked me twice.

You wanna know what BARYE cares about -- why he supports Hillary ??

You -- like some others he knows on the left -- want to know why BARYE seems to “get” the history, seems to “get” the conditions that have brought things to where they are, seems to understand the “best” destination -- yet argues “cynically” on behalf of candidates like Bill and Hillary ??

What I care most about (at least hypothetically) are ordinary folks.

Ordinary guys who go off to fight and be maimed in the chickenhawk's wars -- guys that come home to no jobs and their homes foreclosed upon.

Workers in New Orleans who go jobless because a GOP connected contractor got junior to issue a union waver so that they could import illegals to work for half the wages that locals would have expected.

I care about actual practical solutions that can deliver real improvement to americans today -- not perfect solutions that might come to pass in 300 years.

One of my closest friends worked tirelessly against Hillary care in the early 90's.

It practically ended our relationship.

Though I too wanted a single payer Canadian style system -- I understood the practicalities of incrementally achieving what you can as you can. Of building constituencies. Of developing grass roots support. Of being mature and adult enough to be aware of and learn from history. To not reach too far and grab nothing.

To think of the real people who are affected by and the victims of policy that is just a philosophical parlor game to activists.

BARYE would have supported Humphrey, Muskie, Carter, Dukakis (painfully, even Dukakis), et al. All the mainstream democratic Presidential candidates of the last 70 years would have had me as a supporter.

I would've supported them because they were better than the repug alternatives, and because each of them at the time seemed like the strongest most likely to succeed candidate.

I expect you supported Brown over Clinton. I NEVER did.

You probably supported Teddy over Carter (in ‘79). I didn’t.

You probably supported Bradley over Gore -- and then Nadir over Gore. I always supported Gore. Enthusiastically.

The moment I read the letter Clinton wrote to his draft board about Viet Nam, Bill had me.

Hillary had me when I learned of her protests against Viet Nam, and her and Bill’s work on behalf McGovern in ‘72 (who I volunteered for too after Muskie cried himself out of that race.)

I HATE perfectionism in politics.

I loathe those like Nadir who postulate “perfect” solutions.

FUK them !!! The arrogance of ivory tower liberals like him make me wretch.

NEVER has he apologized or expressed regret for these last 7 horrible years.

Where has been the wholesale expression of contrition on the left for opposing Gore, for supporting Nadir ???

Thomas -- perhaps this is not what you were looking for -- but this is what’s under BARYE’s rock...
    Last edited by BARYE; 04/09/2008 at 02:56 PM.
  19.    #119  
    one more thing...

from Gary Hart, George McGovern's '72 campaign manager (and for whom I worked in '84) I learned the phrase and the principle:

that the greatest enemy to a good idea, is the perfect one.

for example junior's unbelievably destructive support for hydrogen fuel cell research and for ethanol, instead of simply requiring fleet wide MPG improvement.

For me Hillary WAS the more practical, more experienced, more likely to succeed against the repugs, candidate.

I'm not blown over by Obama's charisma. His charm leaves me cold because I foresee how he will be assailed. How, as I wrote before NH in early January, that:

"Voters see Obama now unsullied, unbruised by mud or Swiftboating.

Come November the GOP scum squad will make him seem unfit for jury duty."

Before The Fairy Tale I was certain that she was the better candidate, the most likely to be an effective President.

Her experience of having been mentored for 20+ years by Bill Clinton (one of the 6 greatest Presidents) in the art of politics and the possible, was an invaluable asset.

I continue to like her, and I will continue to defend her.

But as I've said a while back, I don't expect her to win Pa. by enough to change the trajectory of the race. As such its very probable that she will then withraw and support Obama.

I will then cross my fingers and hold my breath that all my foreboding and fears about Obama are wrong. That he will smash the repugs, that he will not just win the WH, but also add to the democratic majority in the congress.

That he will have a successful Presidency -- that he will be able to begin to repair what has been wrought by the worst presidency and administration in our history.

An administration that brought us war, environmental destruction, and econonmic devastation. That has made us homeless and destroyed the value of the dollar. That has made americans pariahs around the world.

I hope he is successful -- I truly hope I've been wrong about Obama...
    Last edited by BARYE; 04/08/2008 at 06:54 PM.
    when I was in school, I could hardly afford pizza -- few college kids can afford to donate much beyond their time and labor.
    Kids have credit cards in college now... lol... but your point is taken. Unfortunately, I don't think we will ever know for sure. I'd be very surprised if AA contributions are what you are saying though.

That you and the press are curious about her does not make her subject to their inquiry if she freely chooses to not to talk to them.
    You missed my point... seems hill has built walls around various parts of her life to some degree that makes people not trust her. From papers in college to earmarks for NY. Or maybe that is Obama's plan... to be open and make the others look to not be that open. If so, he suckered me in.

Far as her daughter... I am not curious about her. She comes off as rude, IMO. After that exchange with the little girl and then the other exchange with the college student, she confirmed what I thought. I'm more than likely wrong though... so be it.

Seems to me like she wants to be in the public eye as a spokesperson for her mother, but does not want all the other scrutiny that goes with it. I think people need to know who represents candidates.... you can call it curious, but I think it is an important part of the process (not so much in her case, but in general).