Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I think we need to polute less for better air quality rather than for controlling global warming. Ground level ozone is affected by man, but it's also been shown that inversions in Utah have happened since before the automobile.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer View Post
    I think we need to polute less for better air quality rather than for controlling global warming. Ground level ozone is affected by man, but it's also been shown that inversions in Utah have happened since before the automobile.
    Well since this thread is about "what to do about global warming" I'll kindly ask you to keep discussions about whatever doubts you seem to have about it in the thread called "global warming T/F....". I don't want this thread hijacked with discussions about whether or not global warming exists - I think the title of the thread makes that pretty obvious.

Now I've seen ethenol dismissed - and perhaps rightly so. I wonder if anyone could tell me definitive steps needed to move to hydrogen? How can we as a country lead the world in this charter?
    I appologize. However, to think that you thread will remain "pure" when so there are so many opinions is ridiculous.

It would be easier to solve our dependancy on foreign oil than to convince teh entire world to polute less.
    Delta look at posts #6 and especially post #9 of this thread. That is the whole point of this thread. To look at solutions regardless of whatever cause may motivate the individual or org. They both have the same solutions, no matter what the original goal or motivation is. When you start to focus on why we need to do it, i.e. destroying the very planet we live or that our total economy and national security depends on it, that becomes the augment and not the solutions and the benefits for all sides they can produce.

The sources of the arguments are being addressed in the other thread. The solutions are being discussed in this one.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123