View Poll Results: Arduous Development Happens Dynamically.

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pardon? What was the question?

6 33.33%
  • I can't hold still long enough to type.

12 66.67%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
  1.    #141  
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    Seriously, I would very much like to be posted on your progress with the workarounds that you trying out. Much luck to you!
    So far, so good. I'm having a hell of a time remembering to do some of them, but I was told it would take time to make it a habit. I hate waiting.
    Originally posted by Toby
    If I'm telling Josh "you suck", then either of them might mean the same thing.
    You'd break my heart either way.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  2.    #142  
    Originally posted by BobbyMike
    [I]...Until you impulsively decide to spray everyone down with a fire extinguisher!
    I'm gonna have to give that a try!
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    "I'm gonna have to give that a try! "

Please don't mention my name at the trial...
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Originally posted by BobbyMike:
    Please don't mention my name at the trial...

Mention mine. I only say destructive things anyways.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Well I wouldn't want to mention your name, Toby. That would be, like, name-dropping and no-one would believe we knew you anyway!
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Well I wouldn't want to mention your name, Toby. That would be, like, name-dropping and no-one would believe we knew you anyway!

Of course not. An upstanding community member like yourself would never be associated with a lowly trouble-maker like me.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    (Must read as if Deniro was speaking)
    Do you know me....do you know me...? 'Cause I don't know you....Are those words coming out of your mouth and are they aimed at me? 'Cause I don't think you know me.... If you knew me, I would know and I don't know...
    (Must read as if Deniro was speaking)
    Do you know me....do you know me...? 'Cause I don't know you....Are those words coming out of your mouth and are they aimed at me? 'Cause I don't think you know me.... If you knew me, I would know and I don't know...

Someone killed my master and now I'm a rogue?
    Wow. Don't visit this thread for a day and a half and the topic really changes! I'm in too good of a mood to argue, so I'll argue later, if at all.

Speaking of which, who is Josh? Why does he suck? We must get straight to the reason of WHY he sucks!
    <b><font size=1 color=teal>"Sorry about the whole thing about losing your life savings, but that Palmpilot is property of Enron, so please give it back"
    "Someone killed my master and now I'm a rogue?"

Rogueish maybe, but not a rogue. (what a weird word, kinda like baby, bay-bee, bay-bee, really weird.)
    Rogueish maybe, but not a rogue. (what a weird word, kinda like baby, bay-bee, bay-bee, really weird.)

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The quote sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it. It's similar to Travis Bickle's famous monologue, but for some reason I was thinking of Ronin (hence the masterless rogue reference). IOW, where's it from?
    Was from me. I do an imitation of DeNiro where I ramble with stuff like that. BTW I got the reference. You funny man.
    There's an article in the Sept 10 issue of Time on ADHD and the upswing in related drug advertising, if anyone's interested.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    I'm not going to go into details at this moment...maybe later. I can tell you I have ADD...had ADHD as a young child...and it is a very real disorder...and there is a lot of evidence it exists...and the fact is that most ADD people respond very well to medication. ADD can be misdiagnosed...and a lot of ADD behavior is also due to growing up with the disorder. Because of how you were treated while growing up...you may have a number of behavioral issues that come from how people reacted while you were a child, to a disorder they didn't know you had.

The best book on ADD you can get is called Driven to Distraction. As a person who went through 6 months of intense weekly therapy and treatment...I can tell you there is clarity on the other side. Don't just deal with the medication issues...you have to dig into your past and find out what drives you...and how ADD affected you.

There are a lot of myths out there...and a lot of people who don't want to admit something like this could exist, mainly because they fear the disorder...but trust me...face it...and you'll be fine. Also, there is a lot of great support material on WebMD. And as always...you can write me with any questions you have...I am currently working on an ADD book.

Alan
    I didn't read all 11 pages of repsonses it seems people were going back and forth about adhd. But I just wanted to tell you how adhd and the ways I have been treated. I took the test during my 2nd year of law school. Scored off the charts. For about 4 years I put off taking the test. I thought adhd was a crutch. As a camp counselor in college I had parents come up to me with their kids rialin and say give it to timmy when he starts acting up. To this day as I still get upset when parents blame their childrens actions on adhd( I am a juvenile public defender).
    After I took the test I started on drugs. I went through 4 or 5 types, most made mw sweat up a storm or other side affects which distracted me. I eventually tried adderall and I am now on a time release version of the drug.
    There are alot of lifestyle changes you can make which help deal with adhd, more sleep, less beer, and better eating habits to name a few. I have also found that taking the time to tidy up my work and living spaces helps a great deal. But when I stop taking my adderall( forget to refill the perscription) these changes don't help. The only way to describe it is that my world gets cloudy.
    I never realized that this was a physical problem. I graduated from college with honors and was accepted to and graduated from law school. But without realizing that I wasn't lazy or a goof off. I would slack and slack and then bust my *** to finish a project or a paper, get a good grade and than start the whole cycle again. With adderall, changing my personal habits and accepting that my "mental" condition is also a physical one I broke the cycle that had run my life since I was nine.
    How you deal with your add or adhd is your decision, I am just happy that you now know what your dealing with.
    try concerta, its for adhd, works great.

also if your having depression i reccomend zoloft, makes a world of differences.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678