Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This should get interesting... same rules as Name Game and Name Game II, but this time with tech terms.

Motherboard
    Dipswitch
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    IDE
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    IDE
    Don't you mean _h_ard drive?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Toby

Don't you mean _h_ard drive?
    Are you second guessing me? When I say IDE I MEAN IDE.

Or maybe hard drive. Damn Freud to hell.
    Last edited by dick-richardson; 06/18/2001 at 12:00 PM.
    -Joshua
    Are you second guessing me?
    No, just trying to offer a possibility that actually follows the rules of the game.

When I say IDE I MEAN IDE.
    Except that IDE doesn't start with an "h".

No, just trying to offer a possibility that actually follows the rules of the game.
    Thanks. Hard drive was my intention. You'd think it'd be easier to stop and think when you have to press a submit button.

Except that IDE doesn't start with an "h".
    I think you're jumping the gun a bit on that one, don't you?
    -Joshua
    Could be lack of sleep, but this isn't making any sense.
    [B]
    Thanks. Hard drive was my intention. You'd think it'd be easier to stop and think when you have to press a submit button.

You guys keep this up, someone is going to have to whip out a dictionary again!!

IDE
    Ethernet
    Starting from hard drive again, EIDE.

Could be lack of sleep, but this isn't making any sense.
    It's meant to indicate that saying IDE doesn't begin with the letter 'h' is rash w/o some careful consideration. It was an asinine comment, and you're reading too much into it.
    -Joshua
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    You guys keep this up, someone is going to have to whip out a dictionary again!!
    *sigh* I must be missing something, because I don't need a dictionary to tell me that dipswitch ends with an 'h' and IDE begins with an 'i'.

Ethernet
    Well, at least that one will go with hard drive too.

transistor
    RAM

We're off to a rocky start.
    -Joshua
    It's meant to indicate that saying IDE doesn't begin with the letter 'h' is rash w/o some careful consideration. It was an asinine comment, and you're reading too much into it.
    Or maybe the problem is that I wasn't reading _anything_ into it. *shrug*
    RAM

We're off to a rocky start.
    Multiplier <FOGHORN>Clock, that is.</FOGHORN>
    Is this limited to computer tech terms?
    -Joshua
    *sigh* I must be missing something, because I don't need a dictionary to tell me that dipswitch ends with an 'h' and IDE begins with an 'i'.
    From this thread,

This from d-r:
    Exactly. The most effort I ever put into a discussion on the internet was during my argument with Toby on political correctness, and most of that was pulling out the dictionary to figure out what the hell he was saying .
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn

From this thread,

This from d-r:
    I've always wanted a scribe.
    -Joshua
    I've always wanted a scribe.
    And, like that blonde on the now-cancelled TV show, I prefer my women assertive....

..hey, I take minutes at work, might as well do it here, too....
    uh, what word is this on? I think we done got ourselves losted, general.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast