View Poll Results: Democract Primary

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Obama

    37 69.81%
  • Hillary Clinton

    13 24.53%
  • Another Democrat Candidate (and share below who)

    3 5.66%
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 285
  1. #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    I heard on the news that there is something like 150-? state delegates left. Obama needs 70ish more. If no more Super Delegates pledge their votes between now and the end of the primaries, do you think Obama will have enough to OFFICIALLY claim the nominee?
    As I've said... hillary gives up in June... for a minute I thought she would give up this month, but I see she had to stay in order to polarize dems even more than what they were.

    But it June she lays down her weapons and realizes it is over. Then she can go back to Arkansas, Pennsylvania, New York, DC or whatever state she is claiming to be "from" at the time of her announcement.

    If not, I have faith the super delegates will realize she is done and move in and embarrass the heck out of her. Then maybe she can claim misogyny runs rampid in the Democratic party and she will form her own party. She will announce the name of her party after the Pistons/Lakers final game next month.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  2. #222  
    And now we have Mr. Obama stating a family member helped liberate prisoners at Auschwitz, Poland. Another person had to come forward and say he meant...a location 500 miles off. Nothing initially from Mr. Obama himself about his misrepresentation. For a year and a half he says things without doing his homework. Yet when Mrs. Clinton does the same, the press executes her.

    What is also again very apparent is that when he misspeaks, the mainstream press says little to nothing about it.
  3. #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    And now we have Mr. Obama stating a family member helped liberate prisoners at Auschwitz, Poland. Another person had to come forward and say he meant...a location 500 miles off. Nothing initially from Mr. Obama himself about his misrepresentation. For a year and a half he says things without doing his homework. Yet when Mrs. Clinton does the same, the press executes her.

    What is also again very apparent is that when he misspeaks, the mainstream press says little to nothing about it.
    Maybe because there is not really a story....

    He mixed up the names.... but considering you did NOT QUOTE a source (doubt if doing that would have fit your agenda), we don't know what you are talking about.

    At any rate, it is now reported that Obama got the names mixed up.... not hard to do.... total lie? No... it was a subcamp... the uncle did release prisoners....

    Mixed up name or no snipers? Don't seem the same IMO.... but that does not matter to you, I'm sure...


    Senator Obama's campaign spokesman Bill Burton then issued a statement saying that Senator Obama's great uncle was in fact part of a unit that freed inmates at a subcamp of the concentration camp at Buchenwald in Germany, and not Auschwitz.

    "Yesterday he mistakenly referred to Auschwitz instead of Buchenwald in telling of his personal experience of a soldier in his family who served heroically," Mr Burton said.

    Senator Obama's great uncle Charles Payne, his grandmother's brother, was a member of the US 89th infantry division.
    Far as Obama's spokesman issuing a statement.... people who know a thing or two about politics know this is normal.

    And I wish you would start quoting your sources...

    http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...28/2257848.htm

    I don't see bush running out to issue a personal statement every time something happens....

    Bush should have came out today:

    McClellan whacks Bush, White House

    Former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan writes in a surprisingly scathing memoir to be published next week that President Bush “veered terribly off course,” was not “open and forthright on Iraq,” and took a “permanent campaign approach” to governing at the expense of candor and competence.
    Your world is crumbling around you.

    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0508/10649.html
    Last edited by theog; 05/28/2008 at 12:51 PM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  4. #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    He mixed up the names....

    Seems like a pretty big mix up to me; I mean a city in Germany versus a city in Poland?

    It seems easy to think he was just pandering to Jewish votes, but then again that seems like a shot in the dark that no one would know. I mean how long did it take for people to jump on this mistake?

    No matter which way one views it, it really seems like a mistake one would not make . . . at least IMO. How many toddlers today will be saying "tomorrow" that their dad/grandpa helped in the war in Iraq when in fact they should say Afghanistan?
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

    Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
  5. #225  
    Not really a story, only an observation and at no time did I state or indicate I was calling it a lie. Misrepresentation and lie are not the same. Though it falls right in line with what Hillary did and she was jumped heavily by the press and by people on this forum.

    It seems you had no problems finding what I was speaking of, so congratulations to you.

    My world crumbling? Not at all. I harbor the man no ill feelings, only his politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Maybe because there is not really a story....

    He mixed up the names.... but considering you did NOT QUOTE a source (doubt if doing that would have fit your agenda), we don't know what you are talking about.

    At any rate, it is now reported that Obama got the names mixed up.... not hard to do.... total lie? No... it was a subcamp... the uncle did release prisoners....

    Mixed up name or no snipers? Don't seem the same IMO.... but that does not matter to you, I'm sure...




    Far as Obama's spokesman issuing a statement.... people who know a thing or two about politics know this is normal.

    And I wish you would start quoting your sources...

    http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...28/2257848.htm

    I don't see bush running out to issue a personal statement every time something happens....

    Bush should have came out today:

    McClellan whacks Bush, White House



    Your world is crumbling around you.

    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0508/10649.html
  6. #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by DL.Cummings View Post
    Seems like a pretty big mix up to me; I mean a city in Germany versus a city in Poland?

    It seems easy to think he was just pandering to Jewish votes, but then again that seems like a shot in the dark that no one would know. I mean how long did it take for people to jump on this mistake?

    No matter which way one views it, it really seems like a mistake one would not make . . . at least IMO. How many toddlers today will be saying "tomorrow" that their dad/grandpa helped in the war in Iraq when in fact they should say Afghanistan?
    I guess you could argue it either way....

    I've done it when I was a child... said my father was in ww II, Korea, and Vietnam....

    Actually it was Korea and two tours of Vietnam... I always heard he had been to war three times.... A teacher finally challenged me on it... it was cleared up. Did I lie? I guess... I'm a lier. Or this is a mistake I should not have made? Whatever... sorry if I'm not perfect....

    Family stories sometimes get mixed up...

    Of course, I do "ding" obama for not properly researching the story... if he is going to be on the trail, he needs to get the story straight.... Funny enough, his story serves the same impact no matter what camp or subcamp the prisoners were freed. He is after the jewish vote.... any story that associates him with freeing jews is a good story.

    Issue I had with bclinker was that he compared obama mix up to clinton saying she ducked sniper fire... her story was a straight up lie... obama's uncle had been there and did free captives... the base of the story is correct... he missed the location. Judge it anyway you want...

    No chance you ever vote for obama, so I don't see why it matters that much to you or bclinker... lol
    Last edited by theog; 05/28/2008 at 02:12 PM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  7. #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    It seems you had no problems finding what I was speaking of, so congratulations to you.
    Out of respect of the original publisher, it would be nice if you quoted your sources. If you don't want to do that, fine. It helps in discussions, but like I said, your goal is not to further discussion, so it does not matter as much.

    My world crumbling? Not at all.
    That was a joke... ha, ha...

    I did notice you decided not to comment on that story. Hurt? Guess you would rather stay on topic though. :ROFL:

    I harbor the man no ill feelings, only his politics.
    lol... you keep repeating that.... no one believes that at this point... stop the charade. It has already been proven that is not true....
    Last edited by theog; 05/28/2008 at 02:12 PM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  8.    #228  
    I agree mixing up towns in an event that he did not witness 60 years ago is not even close in the same league as claiming you personally had to run for cover from active sniper fire while shaking the hands of children 5 years ago. Of course this is just MHO.
  9. #229  
    Theog, I am glad you are continuing with the wonderful attitude that has become your trademark. How though do you know what my goal is? You seem to be keeping this up regardless of where we both post.

    As for commenting on the story, no reason to say more than I did, you more than made up for it and I appreciate that. I simply meant it as another example of media bias - you take it any way you want to.

    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Out of respect of the original publisher, it would be nice if you quoted your sources. If you don't want to do that, fine. It helps in discussions, but like I said, your goal is not to further discussion, so it does not matter as much.



    That was a joke... ha, ha...

    I did notice you decided not to comment on that story. Hurt? Guess you would rather stay on topic though. :ROFL:



    lol... you keep repeating that.... no one believes that at this point... stop the charade. It has already been proven that is not true....
  10. #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I simply meant it as another example of media bias - you take it any way you want to.
    As I stated in my first post of this thread.... no, I did not agree with that.

    And I expanded on my thoughts in this thread:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=226
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  11. #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    No chance you ever vote for obama, so I don't see why it matters that much to you or bclinker... lol

    I won't speak for anyone else, but as for me I just happen to be commenting on the latest news. You do realize that ruling out the possibility for supporting Obama doesn't disqualify me from having a general opinion I hope.

    I suppose I'll keep my comments to myself and just saunter off back under a rock somewhere . . .
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

    Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
  12. #232  
    D.L., Theog has this thing of slamming those who disagree with him. Take a count and you will be more than able to see it. Get use to it, he even admits his childish actions. Notice also how he continues to spell my name - another attempt on his part to show his kindness.

    Theog, there was a time when he first showed up on the national scene that I found Obama to be an interesting an "enlightened" person. I then started following his statements and noted like many people you so disagree with and slam, that he was speaking words with nothing to back them up, and he does this to this day. In addition, he really has a bad habit of not doing his homework, saying something one day and then completely changing course the next day and it seems like there is always someone out there that is having to say, "He meant..." and only after pressure is exerted, does he ever explain himself - except on issues related to his 20 years and his terrorist friends.

    To close, there really is no reason for you to infer what you do and we all have opinions, not just you.
  13. #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by DL.Cummings View Post
    I won't speak for anyone else, but as for me I just happen to be commenting on the latest news. You do realize that ruling out the possibility for supporting Obama doesn't disqualify me from having a general opinion I hope.

    I suppose I'll keep my comments to myself and just saunter off back under a rock somewhere . . .
    It was a joke, relax... or did you miss the "lol?" Don't get sensitive on me....

    I like your posts... unlike ben, who spreads racial tensions...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  14. #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    D.L., Theog has this thing of slamming those who disagree with him. Take a count and you will be more than able to see it. Get use to it, he even admits his childish actions. Notice also how he continues to spell my name - another attempt on his part to show his kindness.
    Actually, I don't mind DL's comments... but of course, he is a "true" republican, so you and he will get together and sit by the fire.... No biggie... my voice will NOT be silenced by you two harassing me.

    Theog, there was a time when he first showed up on the national scene that I found Obama to be an interesting an "enlightened" person.
    Ben, don't insult my intelligence. You do not have to explain yourself... I've seen your actions and read your posts. Your previous posts and actions speak for themselves.

    I then started following his statements and noted like many people you so disagree with and slam, that he was speaking words with nothing to back them up, and he does this to this day. In addition, he really has a bad habit of not doing his homework, saying something one day and then completely changing course the next day and it seems like there is always someone out there that is having to say, "He meant..." and only after pressure is exerted, does he ever explain himself - except on issues related to his 20 years and his terrorist friends.
    To close, there really is no reason for you to infer what you do and we all have opinions, not just you.
    I love other opinions.... but I don't like baseless and clueless remarks. Especially ones that do nothing more than spread racial tension.... Sorry.

    I like healthy discussion.... like what I had with hobbieisreel... steady discussions on positions that I doubt anyone even noticed.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  15. #235  
    There you go again. Thank you for being consistent.

    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    It was a joke, relax... or did you miss the "lol?" Don't get sensitive on me....

    I like your posts... unlike ben, who spreads racial tensions...
  16. #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    It was a joke, relax... or did you miss the "lol?" Don't get sensitive on me....
    Apparently I did . . .
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

    Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
  17.    #237  
    Okay....5 days until June 3rd....the big day that all state primaries are over. At that point no one will have enough delegates to officially be crowned the nominee. So it will come down to Super Delegates. Nancy Pelosi has now put her hat in the ring with the goal to end this ongoing issue of no Dem Nominee by June 7th with a declared nominee.....with Obama stating today that the nominee will be declared before that. Pelosi is going to pledge her vote to the person with the most state delegates after the results on June 3rd are in, which of course will be Obama, and will strongly encourage all undecided Super Delegates to do the same.

    Will Bill's plea to Puerto Rico to vote all for Hillary to show that they count and to have someone in the White House that is on their side work? Their delegates won't count for much but if Obama lost another one at the last day by yet another big landslide of popular votes give Hillary any last minute momentum?

    So again, if Clinton wants to survive into the second week of June, she will have to figure out the rules of math that she wants to use to show that she can still win with Super Delegates and continue to cast doubt on the state delegate count.

    Now is the time to place your bets...the pool will close on June 2nd...will Hillary keep her campaign going past June 9th!?! If she does then there is little doubt her goal is to take it to the convention, with a big IF she can.
  18. #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    Now is the time to place your bets...the pool will close on June 2nd...will Hillary keep her campaign going past June 9th!?! If she does then there is little doubt her goal is to take it to the convention, with a big IF she can.
    What is your guess... lol

    My guess is that Hillary will be done by june 9th....

    At politico.com I've watched obama blow through super delegates recently... he is moving quickly.

    As I said before, the super delegates will embarrass Clinton with the quickness if she decides to keep up this charade. I've said the super delegates will be slow and then in one swoop they will go for obama.

    Give the fact the house (remaining) has said they mostly will vote in a "block" I can see this happening. Heck, according to politico there seems to be 48 left in the house... more than enough to push obama over the edge....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    What is your guess... lol
    My guess is that if at all possible she will take it to the convention. But as I have maintained that all depends if her version of the math can support that.

    If I had to put my money on it as it stands now....I doubt she will last through the second week of June. But never under estimate a Clinton win it comes to winning an losing!
  20. #240  
    Comments like those in the following link sure do not help:

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080530/.../obama_pfleger

Posting Permissions