View Poll Results: Democract Primary

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Obama

37 69.81%
  • Hillary Clinton

13 24.53%
  • Another Democrat Candidate (and share below who)

3 5.66%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    PS: The democrats don't want to raise taxes, they just want to repeal the Bush tax cuts on the VERY wealthy. Clinton wants to give low-income families very low tax rates or none at all.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    repealing the bush tax cuts will raise taxes on everyone. the bottom 10% bracket will go away and the middle income bracket will be adjusted too.

few questions: who can spend our money better, us or the government?

who creates jobs in this country poor people or rich people? if rich people give the money to the government will the create jobs? did a poor person ever hire you?

If you think the government can take care of you better than you can take care of yourself vote for either the racist or lair because other then sex and race they are the same in policy. They both think the government can and should take care of us....we are all in trouble then.

do you realize that 5% of Americans pay 70% of all the taxes collected now? don't you think the answer is to stop spending money? with the Bush Tax cuts revenue has been the highest ever and we have spent more than ever too.

Ethanol is a joke since it takes more energy to make 1 gallon of fuel from corn that from Oil and then since we don't have corn to feed ourselves or cattle the price of food skyrockets. think Hydrogen. Rechargeable electric (plug in type) uses fossil fuel to charge them....no easy answers here. Solar will become efficient enough to supply all houses with power in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    PS: The democrats don't want to raise taxes, they just want to repeal the Bush tax cuts on the VERY wealthy. Clinton wants to give low-income families very low tax rates or none at all.
    Last edited by bling300c; 04/24/2008 at 05:35 AM.
    [...] I am a liberal at heart and nothing is going to change that. [...]
    Ahh...the naivete and idealism of youth. So many make the claim, but so few follow it through. Good luck.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Please define 'VERY wealthy'.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    The 2001 Bush tax cuts only cut the tax on the very wealthy, 1%, the ones who do NOT need it.
    Um, no. False. While the 2001 tax cuts benefited the wealthy much more; most, if not all, tax payers received a tax cut.

As for history and business- look up the mark. It became worthless because as the value dropped, the government just printed more and more of it. Does this sound familiar? Economic Stimulus package? It hands non-existent money into circulation. Inflation will only increase now that a few billion more dollars with zero backing is being put into our economy. Does that make sense republicans? I can't find a way of breaking it down any easier.
    First, the economic stimulus had bipartisan support.

Second, it's true that it would increase the money supply, and so there's a real risk of inflation, but it's not inevitable. The Fed still has the ability to raise interest rates to counter that.
    As for history and business- look up the mark.
    lol... someone provides you with some good advice and you attempt to turn it into a history lesson. Right.

You are the one complaining of having no money, even though you are a video "engineer" amongst other things. And I see why now... you don't take advice well... you know it it all!

Well, good luck to you!

bling300c responded to your post with the accuracy of a sharpshooter. Problem with most hardcore liberals is they don't "finish the math." See, you may "technically" have the right answer, but if you don't reduce the equation your answer is wrong.

I don't even consider myself a Republican, but the fact is bling300c is 100% right on this issue.... Being a business owner myself, I understand the potential when mccain says that he will lower business taxes from 35 to 25 percent. (There are potential negatives, flip sides, arguments against to lowering taxes, but I won't muddy the waters.)

Anyway, good luck, Liberal! Do yourself a favor though.... DON'T get a tattoo that has anything "liberal" in it.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    This is amazing. Have you looked to see just what the per centage of people who are at minimum wage? Do not count the illegal immigrant. The largest portion of those at minimum wage are normally those just entering the work force. As work experience increases, wages increase. As for insurance, that number is thrown out without telling you that it includes the illegal immigrants that are here. When you look at the number of legally working people without insurance, it is not a significant factor. Also, in this country, you cannot be refused emergency medical treatment.

If you think certain candidates say that Washington needs to change and those candidates want to increase the presence and size of government in your day-to-day lives, gosh, you need to take a few moments to open the eyes and look around. Certain candidates out there telling you the government is it, you need the government, well, that is the Marxist theme from long, long ago and not a single Marxist leader considers himself a "commoner," as someone has to be the leader and is better than the rest.
    I think there's a good chance that Hillary is still in it only for the following two reasons:

1. She wants it now, and if she can't get it now 2012 will do.

2. She doesn't wanna have to wait until 2016.
    and the libs have no answer when the fact are staring them in the face! - debate won!
  10.    #190  
    Okay....about 12 hours until the first shot (vote) is fired on the next two battlegrounds. The only way I could see this making any change at all is if Clinton lost both states by 15 point or more in each state. Other than that both are in the race until the Super Delegates vote.

If you feel different about weight that these two primaries tomorrow will carry then share why and what will happen as a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    I think she'll win Indiana -- by more than expected.
    That did not happen... so where does she go from here....

Obama calls NC a swing state?

I've never heard that before...
    Last edited by theog; 05/06/2008 at 09:00 PM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    That did not happen... so where does she go from here....

Obama calls NC a swing state?

I've never heard that before...

though the result is hardly a surprise -- I'm dissapointed. I had hoped that she might do better -- though I had all along conceded that she'd likely lose NC.

Like the other southern states, NC's democratic population is far far more favorable to Obama than to Hillary.

The media this last week has also been very tough on Hillary. They turned and gave her their full broadside -- repeatedly mocking her over the gas tax issue -- continually labeling her a panderer, as advocating something that "no economist is in favor of".

My gut tells me that the Wright controversy was also more than neutralized by how it mobilized black participation and enthusiasism for Obama.

I'm guessing that turnout for a primary election was off the charts for the majority Black precincts in NC and Indiana.

As usual I have no facts to support my intuition, but I'm guessing that the Black community felt the attacks on Wright, and the implied criticism of Obama -- viscerally, personally.

That as a community they felt powerfully compelled to come out and express their support for Obama -- to in effect face down those unfair attacks with by their presence at the polls.

Though I only heard (not watched) most of it, Obama gave a good victory speech after NC.

He must continue to search for a way to genuinely connect to the working class white voters who are saying by 50% or more that they intend to vote for McCain if Obama is the nominee.

There remains an ulcerated cultural sore that the last few weeks has reinflamed. Beginning with his SF bitterness, and followed by Wright's resurrection -- what had been background rumblings of unease has grown to a depth that has not been sufficiently appreciated -- except by Repugnicans.

I continue to have forebodings about November.
    Last edited by BARYE; 05/06/2008 at 11:25 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    The media this last week has also been very tough on Hillary. They turned and gave her their full broadside -- repeatedly mocking her over the gas tax issue -- continually labeling her a panderer, as advocating something that "no economist is in favor of".
    And rightfully so. The "gas tax holiday" is folly and fully pandering a stupid idea which would in NO WAY help their pocket book's bottom line.

Obama won points by NOT jumping on this fake promise and telling people the reality of it as he spoke from experience. Illinois had tried the same thing and wholesalers as well as retailers raised prices to the point of negating the tax deduction.

WOW! A politician that doesn't tell me what I want to hear but the actual REALITY of the situation. Hmmmmm... REFRESHING!
    ...He must continue to search for a way to genuinely connect to the working class white voters who are saying by 50% or more that they intend to vote for McCain if Obama is the nominee.

There remains an ulcerated cultural sore that the last few weeks has reinflamed. Beginning with his SF bitterness, and followed by Wright's resurrection -- what had been background rumblings of unease has grown to a depth that has not been sufficiently appreciated -- except by Repugnicans.

I continue to have forebodings about November.

CBS News reports exit polling of Indiana's Clinton voters, finding that 64% her supporters would not vote for Obama
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    CBS News reports exit polling of Indiana's Clinton voters, finding that 64% her supporters would not vote for Obama
    This is being kicked around by both sides a great deal. The only REAL result I see is going against the delegate AND popular vote lead and handing it to Hillary which will, without a doubt, result in the African-American community staying home during the General.

The bitter Clinton supporters (including the Tool Wolf Blitzer and CNN is a Clinton Tool as well) will get behind the Dem nominee.

It's time to wrap this up and focus on the General. Hillary can be Majority Senator with my blessing (assuming she quits the DLC).
    Just like 90% of people last year said hillary would win the nomination.

Poll is a poll...

If hillary supporters are so shallow that they *need* to vote for mccain in Nov, who cares. IMO they sound like a bunch of preteen kids. Like preteen kids, they will *get over* hillary fairly fast once obama is the nominee. Ask them about Hillary in Oct and 99.999% of them will say, "Who?"

But they better start facing the music.. hillary is done. Indiana and NC put the final nail in her coffin.
  17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    But they better start facing the music.. hillary is done. Indiana and NC put the final nail in her coffin.
    Here are two reasons why I think Hillary will not drop out.

The last two primaries may have been a major influence with some Super Delegates, but I still maintain my same outlook. A nomimee is not named unless they have the qualifying amount of state delegates. Neither of them are going to get that. Hence no nominee. This will then lead to a Super Delegate vote. No matter what is publically shared from whatever source, if due to behind close doors haggling, pressuring, bribing, blackmailing, calling on favors, etc... that she feels she has even a 5% chance of pulling a victory from the Super Delegates, she will remain in.

The other reason I think she will hold out until the bitter end is that there is a long time until August. She could just ride it through this time frame running behind Obama. Even though the fans may be leaving the stadium thinking the game is a done deal, Hillary is just hoping and praying that he fumbles the ball. That way she is there in place to grab it and run into the endzone.
  18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    If it was up to us....how would we fix the Primary process?......

Second. The thing that I always questioned was spreading out the Primaries like they do. IMHO, this disenfranchises the voters in the states that are at the end of the Primary schedule when historically there is only one valid candidate for their party when they finally are allowed to go and vote.
    While driving for several hours the other day, I was listening to the new and got to thinking about the spreading out of the state primaries and the order they are in. I think that is where I have my biggest concern with the current system. The same states always have most say because they are always first. The states at the end of the schedule only have any real say once or twice in a century because a majority of the time there is only one candidate by the time their primary comes up.

Why not have a lottery every election year to decide the order in which each state's primary is set? In other words, the dates for the primaries are set. Then randomly draw which states plugs into which date 2 years before the next election.

This way all states will have always have a chance to be among the first in the primary schedule. No favorites.
  19.    #199  
    The election in November is going to be VERY interesting. USA Today had this great map showing how many states voted Dem or Rep in each of the last 4 elections:

If we start with the assumption that these states will stay loyal to their last 16 year history, we are then forced to look at the remaining states. If you hover over the white states a large chunk of them are 50 / 50 for Dem and Rep over the last 4 elections. Out of the ones that are not 50 / 50, all but one were heave Rep.

There is little doubt, no matter who the Dem nominee will end up officially being....cough...Obama...cough....it is going to a very tight election. Can anyone say recounts?
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    There is little doubt, no matter who the Dem nominee will end up officially being....cough...Obama...cough....it is going to a very tight election. Can anyone say recounts?

I think obama is going to attempt to play as many states as possible... especially the swing states... that is the only way he wins, IMO. Kerry already tried to ignore states and that did not work well for the dems.

Hillary did that when she lost like 10 or 11 states in a row... how did that work for her? lol

Obama will have a major money advantage, and I think he will "go for broke."

If obama can keep the traditional dem states and pull some swing states he won't have a problem.

Of course, we will have to see how Bob Barr plays in all of this as well... will he funnel votes from mccain? Will it be more than the funnel nadar will create? Will barr allow obama to make a case in a "red" state? I still think obama is going to make a run for a red state anyway... barr might help him.