1.    #1  
    CNN Headline News just reported that the phrase "Doh" will be a part of the next edition of the Oxford English Dictionary.

Read about it here.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    D'oh!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    I'm very proud of homer. He's a great man.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    I think we all knew Homey would someday do us proud.... Just took about 10 yrs. on TV before that happened, that's all....
    "Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds." -- Albert Einstein
    "(Sniff) Sweet land of liberty. . ." -Homer, in the American Embassy in Australia, when introduced to the toilet that flushes in the "American" direction.

God bless America!
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    How about WooHoo! ???
    "Life is what you experience between racing games"
    Galley
    Yeah but they misspelled it. It should be "D'oh" not "Doh".
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Originally posted by JHromadka
    Yeah but they misspelled it. It should be "D'oh" not "Doh".
    A dictionary misspelling words?!?!! TELL ME IT CANNOT BE TRUE! NOW WHERE CAN I GO TO LOOK UP WORDS?!?! heh..

joe
  9.    #9  
    I doublechecked my Simpsons episode guide. ayup.
    Guess the editors will be saying "d'oh!" when they realise it.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Originally posted by Yorick
    I doublechecked my Simpsons episode guide. ayup.
    Guess the editors will be saying "d'oh!" when they realise it.
    When my wife told me about the OED using "doh", she didn't believe me when I told her they spelled it wrong. Even after I found an episode guide, she said "But it's the OED!"
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
  11.    #11  
    I know! It's the British spelling!

More at the Simpsons Archive (look under the Springfield Times)

I also went looking for a press release, and the closest I got was this which lists both spellings, and this which shows the actual entry.
    Last edited by Yorick; 06/16/2001 at 06:08 PM.
    oh, and the Simpsons are coming to DVD ...

http://www.cnn.com/2001/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...eut/index.html

yeah, i wrote that ...