Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Originally posted by BobbyMike
    Yorick wrote:
    "In that context, I have an evil ex-girlfriend on an "ignore" list; does that count?"

Do you ignore her if she talks to you, or do you just avoid her? There is a difference. You could take it a step farther and ask someone else to physically remove her from the area.

I avoid lots of people that I find annoying (or worse). I think I would feel childish ignoring someone talking to me though.
    I blocked her from my email, told her I never want to see or hear from her again, changed my phone number and considered a restraining order. I also wanted to move (something I'd already been considering anyway) but put it on hold to focus on my schoolwork. I do avoid the area she live(s/d) in.
    I don't want to get into the details, but it was a very bad situation.
    I wouldn't just ignore someone that's right there, it's childish, as you say. It was the "blot all references" line I was thinking about.

Your only fault ...
    wait, Toby has faults? Did I miss a memo? I thought that was only for mere mortals. (Or the dead, as the case may be.)
    Last edited by Yorick; 06/16/2001 at 11:08 PM.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Yorick wrote:
    "I blocked her from my email, told her I never want to see or hear from her again, changed my phone number and considered a restraining order. I also wanted to move (something I'd already been considering anyway) but put it on hold to focus on my schoolwork. I do avoid the area she live(s/d) in..../...I wouldn't just ignore someone that's right there, it's childish, as you say. It was the "blot all references" line I was thinking about. "

Yeah, I guess the equivalent I was looking for was more the lines of having the Gov. banish her to a small island in the Aluetian Islands. Nothing you did crosses over the line. Seems more like you were doing the 'avoid' thing.

Yorick went on to say:
    "wait, Toby has faults? Did I miss a memo? I thought that was only for mere mortals. (Or the dead, as the case may be.)"

That was a joke. Toby is all-seeing and omnipotent (his wife is very glad, she never has to call him to tell him to get milk or bread- he always just knows!) He is only mortal because he chooses to be. He is fault challenged.

Have a nice night. I go to sleep now.
    Michael
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    Thank you, Toby.
    Re-reading the thread, I figured I better clarify my thanks. It was in regard to the Mother Theresa link. Rather off topic, but the level of deception there is amazing!! It'll be interesting to see how many "Saints" are enjoying a toasty warm eternity. It almost seems like the Church beatifies more for political reasons than religious (ahem.....Joan of Arc....cough cough)....
    Last edited by dick-richardson; 06/17/2001 at 01:36 AM.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by bkbk
    ... much like the lack of disciplining the errant Toby will now be forcing me to leave Visor Central ...
    ... you've just read my last post.
    Wow, so bkbk finally left VisorCentral...

You know I don't mean this in bad taste... but if bkbk was my neighbor, I would have smacked him too!! (Just kidding...maybe...)

If I'm reading his post right:

1. This guy goes around with a camcorder to document what he precieves as "criminal/Nazi/racist behavior" from his neighbors and then he'll take the "evidence" to the cops?

2. Sticking voice recorder in people's face trying to capture "incriminating" evidence?

If I had a neighbor like that...video-taping and recording my every action...I would be pretty pissed too...but not enough to use physical force of course.

These neighbors could well be a-holes, but we have only heard it from bkbk's side. I'm not saying that I know that his neighbors are mispresented, but bkbk did describe Toby:
    He's nothing but a troublemaker.
    He never adds to the discourse, only destroys.
    So bkbk's representation of his neighbor must be taken with a chunk of salt.

Like any interactions with your fellow people, action always sparks a reaction. It would appear that while bkbk is extremely well-read, he lacks people skills. (He can't even get along with people in a discussion forum. ) It's not too hard to imagine that bkbk may have cause the original action.

Just my $0.02
    Fat's
    Originally posted by Yorick
    wait, Toby has faults?
    I haven't played tennis in years.

"He's not like us, Jim. He's got green blood." - "Bones" McCoy

‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...

He's a medical doctor, not a mechanic. I know anti-freeze when I see it.
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."

He's a medical doctor, not a mechanic. I know anti-freeze when I see it.
    I think my favorite was "Dammit, Jim. I'm a doctor, not an escalator."
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Fat_Man

You know I don't mean this in bad taste... but if bkbk was my neighbor, I would have smacked him too!! (Just kidding...maybe...)
    I hate to say it since I never actually met bkbk, but I suspect I would have as well. Sure, there's an enormous number of a-holes out there, but I was somehow able to commute to work in New York City for four years without needing a digital camera to photograph my enemies.
    If you remember Bilbo (good) succumbs to the 'evil' of the addictive ring and is 'redeemed' when Gollum bites off his finger and falls into the fires. 'Fate' redeemed him.
    THis might have already been said, but it was Frodo whose finger was bitten off by GOllum.
    Creole wrote:
    "THis might have already been said, but it was Frodo whose finger was bitten off by GOllum."

You're absolutely right about that, and you were the first to notice. I stand corrected!
    Thanks,
    Michael
    Originally posted by Toby

I haven't played tennis in years.
    BWAH HA HA HA!
    {Yorick gasps for breath after L his A off, and tries to figure how to sit down now}
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Creole wrote:
    "THis might have already been said, but it was Frodo whose finger was bitten off by GOllum."

You're absolutely right about that, and you were the first to notice. I stand corrected!
    Thanks,
    Michael
    It would be very unlikely to catch me wrong in a LOTR question. I read the series something like 15 or 16 times.
    Living in Cincinnati (where the "ghetto people" , and their dumb-*** organizations "The New Black Panthers" , etc. decided it would be fun to cause a riot, and then learned that you can get arrested, because they thought that every white person was a Nazi! ) , racial tensions are probably higher than anywhere else in the country. (And it goes both ways, contrary to popular belief!) Going to Washington, and seeing that skin color doesn't make a difference was a real eye opener. I think the problems here go beyond skin color. I think we just have TRASH living in "over-the-rhine" here. (2 months before the riot, some 8 year olds were throwing rocks at my car. I ended up gunning them down (it looked like something out of a movie!), and making each apologize before telling them in nice happy terms where they would be headed off too if they did it again.

Too bad I was on vacation for this thread.

On the other hand, it's really sad to see bkbk go. Did anyone ever get his e-mail address? I'm really not sure WHY, after 613 posts, he would just leave like that. Yeah, Toby can get on my nerves, but I still tough it out. I think I need a nap. Oh well, looks like I'll have to go back to renting a friend here.
    <b><font size=1 color=teal>"Sorry about the whole thing about losing your life savings, but that Palmpilot is property of Enron, so please give it back"
    Originally posted by bblue:
    [...borderline stuff snipped...]

You're 'on vacation' in nearly every thread I've seen you participate in.

On the other hand, it's really sad to see bkbk go. Did anyone ever get his e-mail address?

Probably not. He seemed really paranoid about his identity.

I'm really not sure WHY, after 613 posts, he would just leave like that.

I doubt if he did leave. He probably registered under a new account.

Yeah, Toby can get on my nerves, but I still tough it out.

LOL...what a burden it must be. If that's the toughest thing you have to deal with, you should consider yourself blessed.

I think I need a nap. Oh well, looks like I'll have to go back to renting a friend here.

As opposed to listening to what people say and actually earning friends?
    Toby, don't you think you're expecting too much from 'Jeenyus' here?
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by ****-richardson:
    Toby, don't you think you're expecting too much from 'Jeenyus' here?

Hmmm...could be.
    [...borderline stuff snipped...]

You're 'on vacation' in nearly every thread I've seen you participate in.

On the other hand, it's really sad to see bkbk go. Did anyone ever get his e-mail address?

Probably not. He seemed really paranoid about his identity.

I'm really not sure WHY, after 613 posts, he would just leave like that.

I doubt if he did leave. He probably registered under a new account.

I hope so. If bkbk out there has a new handle, please PM me!

Yeah, Toby can get on my nerves, but I still tough it out.

LOL...what a burden it must be. If that's the toughest thing you have to deal with, you should consider yourself blessed.
    Once again, you have made stuff up. I said you get on my nerves, not that you are the toughest thing in my life to deal with. Hmmmm.

I think I need a nap. Oh well, looks like I'll have to go back to renting a friend here.

As opposed to listening to what people say and actually earning friends?
    Apparently, Toby doesn't get these newfangled "jokes."
    <b><font size=1 color=teal>"Sorry about the whole thing about losing your life savings, but that Palmpilot is property of Enron, so please give it back"
    Once again, you have made stuff up. I said you get on my nerves, not that you are the toughest thing in my life to deal with. Hmmmm.

I realize it may take you a while to learn to read for comprehension, but that one was an easy one. You said: Yeah, Toby can get on my nerves, but I still tough it out. Even if meant sarcastically, this implies that dealing with me is 'tough', which it isn't.

'Jokes' would be apropos. There was nothing funny there. Apparently you can't decipher when someone is feigning being totally literal in order to try and drive a point across.

I realize it may take you a while to learn to read for comprehension, but that one was an easy one. You said: Yeah, Toby can get on my nerves, but I still tough it out. Even if meant sarcastically, this implies that dealing with me is 'tough', which it isn't.
    You may think it isn't. But you can't know for sure. I do find it 'tough' in some (many) cases.

'Jokes' would be apropos. There was nothing funny there.
    It's subjective, but the intent was NOT hard to grasp.

Apparently you can't decipher when someone is feigning being totally literal in order to try and drive a point across.
    I prefer the use of Mr. Winkies.
    You may think it isn't.

Quite a few people manage to do it daily and don't seem to mind.

But you can't know for sure.

I deal with myself on a 24-hour a day basis. I'm the most qualified person to know.

I do find it 'tough' in some (many) cases.

Well, as I said, if that's the toughest thing you have to do, consider yourself lucky (let's see if the point sinks in this time).

It's subjective, but the intent was NOT hard to grasp.

Exactly my point.

I prefer the use of Mr. Winkies.

'Mr. Winkies' is superfluous.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast