Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Originally posted by gbgood
    Who out there knows what an e-ticket is???
    The E-ticket was Disney's top ride ticket from 1959 until the 1980's. I gather they brought it back a few years ago.

Here's some info.
    http://www.disneylandthenickeltour.com/eticket.htm
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  2.    #22  
    Originally posted by miradu2000
    BkBk.. Al lthis time I thought you were twenty something.. How old are you ?!?!
    Older than that.
    Sadly, last night when I got home & DL the sound files I'd recorded -- I found out that only a few sec. of that key file had been saved by the flash mem.
    The psycho matriarch can now just deny the lies, deny it ever happened, etc. I have no evidence to the contrary. Stupidly, I didn't have the presence of mind to whip out my Visor & EM2 & snap even 1 photo (which would "kind of" prove at least the date & time -- tho that can be altered, can't it? Also, since I wouldn't be in any photo, you'd have to "stipulate" I was there when I took the photo -- else the opposition could "claim" someone else took it.)

Just as bad is that for some reason, a "notes" recording I'd made re the assault a few min. later also turned out to be a "phantom" entry in the flash -- it was not recorded. I don't know how reliable I can assume the device is going to be any longer. A recording I made later that night / early this morn. (after my late work shift) did record and DL properly, though.

I find this to be one of the macabre things "the Lord seems to allow" -- in ref. back to POTL -- if God is indeed "the author of all things." (This would include Satan -- and it's hard for me to imagine that God "couldn't think of something better" than allowing such an entity, rather than letting the humans live in perm. peace & tranquility.) Evil people seem to get amazing breaks. I've seen it time and again, and if you read POTL closely, you see it exposed there as well.
    Peck seems to be "satisfied" that (once more, I'm paraphrasing) "In the grand scheme of things, evil is curiously ineffective."
    I don't call the slaughter of 6,000,000 ppl. in the Holocaust (to take but a single, yet glaring example) "curiously ineffective."
    I think it may come down to Peck's "faith" or "wanting to believe" being a bit [a BIT?] stronger than mine.
    I like to think I see the world as it is, good & bad, unadorned by my "wishes."
    You've no doubt noted by now my many warnings re reading POTL. The #1 reason I emphasize this time & again is the book's sub-title: "The Hope for Healing Human Evil."
    I hope any of you who've read the book, or may now, can gainsay me -- my fear is you won't be able to. But there seemed LITERALLY NO HOPE when I 1st read the tome 10 yrs. back.
    Evil ppl. seem faster, smarter, more urbane, more subtle, more sophisticated, slick, facile, "well-groomed," politically savvy -- etc. than the rest of us; this is why they rise to the top: Donald Trump, Steve Jobs, Madonna, Saddam Hussein, Sante & Kenneth Kimes and Don King are all pretty incontrovertible examples. (Just read their biographies; a serious flaw of POTL, unfortunately, is that Peck doesn't make the kind of "rogue's gallery" listing that would speak VOLUMES more than the consistent personality characteristics he hints at.)
    Lies are always the foundation, however.
    Now, w/video & the Web (to beat a dead horse) we can FAIRLY seek out & identify the subtle consistent personality characteristics that are so astonishingly destructive (you haven't LIVED until you've been LIED ABOUT to a police officer who BELIEVES the lies about you, I'm telling you!), but are usually "missed" or "forgiven" or "overlooked" or "written off" or "pooh-pooed" or "misunderstood" by too many who persistently give the evil & their astonishingly consistent malevolence & misdeeds "the benefit of the doubt" (as all New Yorkers know, this is Mayor Guiliani's standard line on his corrupt cops).
    But this hope is lost if we don't UTILIZE the tech. we have.
    "Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds." -- Albert Einstein
    With all due respect, bkbk, it just sounds like you have some a$$holes for neighbors.

You seem to be reading way too much into this.

Some people are a$$holes. That's life.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    Originally posted by miradu2000
    BkBk.. Al lthis time I thought you were twenty something.. How old are you ?!?!
    I'm betting he won't give you a straight answer on this.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by homer
    With all due respect, bkbk, it just sounds like you have some a$$holes for neighbors.

Too rational of a response. You must be an *****, too.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  6.    #26  
    Again, moderators, Toby proves the case I made in the other thread; please ban him from this community.
    "Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds." -- Albert Einstein
    That's a little harsh, isn't it?
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Originally posted by bkbk

Older than that.
    Sadly, last night when I got home & DL the sound files I'd recorded -- I found out that only a few sec. of that key file had been saved by the flash mem.
    The psycho matriarch can now just deny the lies, deny it ever happened, etc. I have no evidence to the contrary.
    bkbk, it sounds like you are the victim of a bully. Keep a journal of everything that happens. Write down the date, time, and the facts. It can be used in court, should that ever become necessary.
  9.    #29  
    1) With all due respect, bkbk, it just sounds like you have some a$$holes for neighbors.
    2) You seem to be reading way too much into this.
    3) Some people are a$$holes. That's life.
    1) That's certainly accurate -- but I believe "a$$holes" is the popular, modern-day vernacular for the evil; ask yourself: "What is it that is making me assess this person as an 'a$$holes' -- are there common characteristics from person to person and situation to situation?" There are.
    2) I wish I had some way to affirm this perspective, but I doubt I am.
    3) True -- today; and in the past -- but tomorrow we create the future: do we want one w/these evil psychotics blissfully destroying the lives of the good people of the earth?
    And what is the "penalty" I wish to levy on them? No more than I am willing to bear myself: permit our interactions to be observed at all times, by all persons. Perhaps no gov't. intervention will ever be necessary -- simply a shunning of the evil by the good people of the earth.
    Trouble is ... today, we don't know who's who. The evil are masters at gaining your confidence (hence the term "con men" -- uh, PERsons), "seeming perfect" (a la Donald Trump -- who will TELL YOU HIMSELF) and "above reproach" (many lawyers). Even Dr. Peck, prob. the "World's Greatest Living Shrink" needs to spend time w/them to figure out what they're up to -- and only w/much experience in doing so could he optimize that effort.
    And if it should come to prosecution -- as I perpetually posit, video is self-documenting, essentially effortless -- and ROCK-STEADY in court; once ppl. learn you have video evidence, most cops, courts & prosecutors will tell you, they won't even TRY TO LIE their way out of it (uh, which is what happens too much of the time now, I swear to God).
    Originally posted by Yorick
    It's also an extremely irrational (and dubiously based) response coming from someone who is supposedly ruled by logic. Of course, it's also an odd thing that he'd even know I posted it if he had really placed me on his ignore list. I'll let my posts speak for themselves to refute these obviously irrational claims.
  11.    #31  
    Check his every post on these boards.
    He's nothing but a troublemaker.
    He never adds to the discourse, only destroys.
    [...] Trouble is ... today, we don't know who's who. [...]
    What an ironic position coming from someone who chooses to remain as anonymous as possible here.
    Yes, please do.

Another interesting interpretation. Is this attempt at character assassination a favor to bblue by any chance (or do you really take someone rationally addressing your positions this personally)?

This is patently false.

bkbk, do they treat any of your other neighbors the way they treat you, or do you seem to be singled out?
    Also wondering who's been there longer: you or them.

I've seen few posts here (aside, perhaps, from some of my own facetious comments) which could be read as actively hindering the discussion, in any thread. Everyone has their own opinion and has the right to voice it.
    It really wasn't my intent to get involved with any feuds, which I have noted in various threads. Fight your own battles, blah blah blablablah blah. My only concern is that perhaps such a request (banning another member) should be made privately, and not aired in the open.
    I wasn't explicit about it, perhaps I should have been; the time is past.

added "get" to first line of second paragraph -- doh!
    Last edited by Yorick; 06/15/2001 at 01:03 PM.
    [...] It really wasn't my intent to involved with any feuds [...]
    If this is a feud, it's definitely a one-sided one.
    Originally posted by Toby
    If this is a feud, it's definitely a one-sided one.
    heh.
    too bad your surname isn't "Hatfield."

heh.
    too bad your surname isn't "Hatfield."
    No Hatfields or McCoys around here. They wouldn't know what to do in these parts.
    . . . Also wondering who's been there longer: you or them.
    And why does that matter? If they were there first, does that give them the right? If Bkbk was there first, is it any worse?
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by ernieba1

And why does that matter? If they were there first, does that give them the right? If Bkbk was there first, is it any worse?
    It might play into the dynamics of the situation and/or its resolution, if any. Maybe if bkbk has been there longer (I'm guessing this is an apartment type deal), he might be able to get the landlord to do something.

Also, if they were there first and bkbk moved into the area, did he "assume the risk" by moving in next to a-holes? (Is there such a thing as "assuming the risk" of a-holes? Since some people are always going to be a-holes, did we assume that risk by being born? Just a few questions to while away the remaining Friday afternoon work hours.)
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast