Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    okay, use nt for business use primarily.. but for home and if you game, i would recommend me. it is stable for me, and i am a hardcore gamer. also, the system restore feature is very nice, and has worked for me in the past.
    all around good guy

brandon
    drop me a line
    Originally posted by pcgamingnet.com
    ... i would recommend me. it is stable for me, and i am a hardcore gamer. also, the system restore feature is very nice, and has worked for me in the past.
    I know it wasn't intentional, but that sounds soooo silly!
    Me is stable for me. Me works for me.

homer: you nailed it. Exactly what I was talking about.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  3.    #23  
    ****, I just got booted off and lost a nice big post!
    Here's a synopsis:
    Homer- no offense was taken, I get it now! (sound of knuckle rapping hollow wood-like head) hah hah hah hah!
    Our last computers (which we still had in '96 when we got this one):
    1989ish MacII (her)
    1986ish Atari 520ST (mine, one of the first!)
    The last two cars we got rid of both had over 160,000 miles on them. Her present Pathfinder has about 75,000, My pick-up has about 115,000.
    At least my socks are new.
    Thanks all,
    I think that ME is now edging out the rest (system restore!) Final decision is coming as soon as I can find the kids' Magic Eightball ("try again later")
    Michael
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Originally posted by BobbyMike
    Our last computers (which we still had in '96 when we got this one):
    1989ish MacII (her)
    1986ish Atari 520ST (mine, one of the first!)
    hey cool! My family's first home computer (in 1981) was an Atari 800!

I think that ME is now edging out the rest (system restore!) Final decision is coming as soon as I can find the kids' Magic Eightball ("try again later")
    Michael
    "Magic Eightball" is an ME too, ya know.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    "Borrow" a copy of Win 98 and use it until Oct., and then purchase a legal copy of WinXP. Better yet, just use BeOS
    "Life is what you experience between racing games"
    Galley
  6.    #26  
    To Beos, or not to Beos, that is the question....
    Had to beat Yorick to that!
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Like ToolkiT's suggested, do a dual boot, with Win2000 and Win9x.

I actually prefer Windows95 to Windows98-SE. As a backup computer, I have a PII-233MHz. It originally came with Win95, then I upgraded to Win98. With Win98, it took about 2 minutes for the computer to start up (was less than 30 seconds with Win95). And when I clicked on the "W" icon to start MS-Word, Win98 took about 30 seconds to load (was about 5 seconds with Win95). I even reformatted the HD and did a clean install of Win98, and it was just as slow. I found my original Win95 CD-ROM and installed that baby, and now it's working great again.

My main computer had Win98 and it was working okay = computer froze up only about once a day. Since upgrading to Win2000, it hasn't frozen my system yet (it's been 4-5 months). The backup computer with Win95 is amazingly stable. Since reinstalling Win95 about a month ago, it has only frozen on me only one time.

yeah, i wrote that ...
    Originally posted by BobbyMike
    To Beos, or not to Beos, that is the question....
    Had to beat Yorick to that!
    darn! darndarndarn!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12