1.    #1  
    Anyone here getting one? Anyone here already have one? I'm still on the fence about it, I bought a color GameBoy and never got much use out of it besides Metal Gear Solid. I'm wondering if I should spend the money on it or put that $100 towards something else, like games for my Prism or maybe even a new Clie (Yeah right!)

For those who are getting it, what games/accessories do you think you'll be buying at launch?
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    I have the GBC too, and I'm waiting until a Zelda game comes out for the GBA.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    can you guys post a link to this GBA? I've been heaing about it, but have never seen it.
    I'm curious about it too. My little sister loves her Pikachu yellow Game Boy Color. This would make a good bday gift for her but she might not really need it so I'd love to see a resource on what it can do and what games are available in the special widescreen format.
    -Vincent
  5.    #5  

IGN just did their review of the American unit. You can also check out the Official Nintendo Page.

The gist of it is:
    • 32-Bit ARM Processor
    • 240x160 TFT reflective screen
    • 32,768 Colors
    • Runs on 2 AA Batteries, Last about 15 hours
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
  6.    #6  
    I was at Target and they had a whole pile of them and I just couldn't resist, so I bought a Glacier GBA . This is everything the original color GameBoy should have been! The screen is nice and large while the unit itself is amazingly tiny, I'm still plaing my classic & GBC titles since I was too chicken to buy a game today. Target had free headphones too, kinda crappy though (What did I expect?)

James, The new Zelda games have extras for GBA users such as exclusive shops etc...
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    BlueLight.com has the Game Boy Advanced for $89.99. Before checking out, you can use the MSEMDAY2001 coupon to get $15 off. Net price will be $74.99 plus tax/shipping.

yeah, i wrote that ...
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I bought my Game Boy Advance at Target. To me, I have some tough time playing some games because it is so dark. I would recommened that you also get a light.
    Those of you are that are looking at buying a GBA would be well advised to read this post on Penny-Arcade.com:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/news.php3?date=2001-06-13
    Thanks Creole; I enjoyed the review. especially liked the line, "one-hundred times as shiny as %$@#."
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  11.    #11  
    Yeah, you need good light for the GBA - I picked up a Light Shield Advance (Seems to be the most popular) but boy does this thing suck power.

Target has some of the best prices on games, so far I've gotten Chu Chu Rocket & I plan to get Castlevania, F-Zero, and Bomberman (When released). What games did you guys buy?
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I have tried a few light. The best one so far is the Glow Guard from Interact. Light Boy Advance come very close to second. I just wished that Glow Guard light bulb is in the Light Boy Advance. This would make the best light possible.

I only bought Castlevania from Fry's for $35.

Originally posted by Matthew Nichols
    Yeah, you need good light for the GBA - I picked up a Light Shield Advance (Seems to be the most popular) but boy does this thing suck power.

Target has some of the best prices on games, so far I've gotten Chu Chu Rocket & I plan to get Castlevania, F-Zero, and Bomberman (When released). What games did you guys buy?
    Another good comic strip about the Game Boy advances can be found here:

http://www.inktank.com/index.cfm?toon=06-14-01

This one's particularly funny.
    It seems that there is a hidden contrast potentiometer hidden behind the GBA's back label. It's right underneath the O in the word Booklet. If you gently push on it with an eyeglass screwdriver (flat head, not the Visor's styli screwdriver), the label will push inward. If you want to risk losing your brand new warrenty, then you can break the label and gently, gently, gently turn the potentiometer to the right. It should help out the contrast and/or brightness. It really really really isn't intended for users, just Nintendo to adjust a GBA if it breaks or something. PLEASE don't do this and if you do, PLEASE don't blame me. I told you not to, and so did your mommy. (Wait...She didn't warn you against tightening potentiometers on your future GBA? Mine did...) Anyway, there is a little more on this at IGN.com. Please don't try it, many people I know ruined their GBA's screen do this. Did I warn you enough?

*****Update: It seems that Nintendo has released more info on this: The potentiometer will help your screen slightly, but will supply much more current to the LCD and shorten it's life dramatically. Also, I learned how to spell potentiometer....I hope thats right.
    Last edited by Thunderbird291; 06/25/2001 at 10:36 AM.
  15.    #15  
    In case anybody happens by this, and doesn't read any of the news about it - Nintendo says this can/will damage your LCD screen because this isn't a constrast control but a flicker control.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    I'm getting one soon. I played with one at Target and the screen is great even in dim light. The screen is hard to see only when there is very low light, or if you are anti-Nintendo, or if you are blind, or if you are a closed-minded pig.

I was gonna not get one, but since it's so cheap ...

yeah, i wrote that ...
    Finally, a device that makes my m505 look bright.