Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you can't take Aleve (it made me really jumpy), then try the over-the-counter version of Orudis. It uses ketoprofen, and really did the trick for me.

As a backup plan (if you are over 21), Guinness and vanilla ice cream works well, too.
    --
    ThirdMan
    Originally posted by ernieba1
    I'll get back to you on that. I'm not sure.
    Well, if you can't see bone sticking out of your arm then it's a hairline facture.

3.    #23  
    Originally posted by creole

Well, if you can't see bone sticking out of your arm then it's a hairline facture.

There ya go, it's a hair line fracture.
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Wrist fractures are tricky and potentially serious things. Don't really mean to scare ya, but they have some fairly serious complications. The most common wrist fracture is a scaphiod fracture, these can have a lot of complications if not detected, the most serious is avascular necrosis of the scaphiod bone. Most of scaphiod facture cannot be detect initially, a follow-up wrist x-ray 2 weeks after the injury will better show the fracture. FYI
    Fat's
  5.    #25  
    Are you a doctor?

All I know is it's at the "Anatomical Snuffbox", near the bottom of the thumb.
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
  6. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    I use ibuprofen (Advil is the over-the-counter brand) for my lower back pain (old college rowing injury)
    Originally posted by ernieba1
    All I know is it's at the "Anatomical Snuffbox", near the bottom of the thumb.
    Sounds like it is a scaphoid fracture. The most important thing you need to do is make sure you get another wrist x-ray (AP and Oblique views) in 2 weeks it will show how the healing is progressing. If the healing is slow, you may need to see an Orthopedic doctor. Tell your parents and your family doctor.

Just trying to help. Easy on the painkillers. NSAIDS...like Ibuprofen are very good for this kind of pain.
    Last edited by Fat_Man; 06/13/2001 at 12:31 AM.
    Fat's
    Aleve works great for me. I've got a bad disc in my neck, I used to use Ibruprofen and it didn't help much. Switched to Aleve, and am much happier.

Hope you feel better. I broke my wrist when I was in the sixth grade, at the same time of the year - right about when school was getting out. It puts a crimp on your summer. Hang in there.
  9.    #29  
    I'm actually pretty lucky. It's a 4 week cast, s it'll be off by the second week of July.

Motrin is working pretty well for me, so I think I'll stay, especially since it's the only chewable pain killer I can find.

Unfortunately, now it's starting to itch. It's going to be a looooong June.
    -Bernie

-Dan Quayle
    Unfortunately, now it's starting to itch. It's going to be a looooong June..."

Oh yes...there's one more thing you'll need: a really good sense of humor! That probably saved my sanity while the ankle recovered...!

L.
    Life is not a dress rehearsal!
    "Unfortunately, now it's starting to itch. It's going to be a looooong June."

There's one more thing you'll need: a really good sense of humor! That probably saved my sanity while my ankle recovered...also, I have nice, goofy friends, who wouldn't let me feel sorry for myself!
    Life is not a dress rehearsal!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12