Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Maybe you could trade it for Ralphie? (just a thought in the vein of getting the tree pic online. I like the RW pic. man, that's one bottomless bucket of paste.)
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    here's another try
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    . . . or not. Moderators, what's going on?
    I'm glad to hear that no one was hurt. My experience was like James' in that the electricity and DSL never went off . But we did have to cancel the HPUG meeting because all the highways were closed, and HAL-PC took some water. Last night I was in the Montrose area and it wasn't too bad. I was actually on the bridge over 59 when they opened it up. It was quite a sight: about 40 police cars with lights flashing leading about 20 minutes of solid cars and trucks.
    Okay boys - very glad to hear that you took no damage. I kept my fingers crossed for you - just saw some pictures of the flooding on TV - Allison was really giving you a hard time.
    So try to keep your feet dry.

Take care
    Chris
    Allison, or whatever's left of it, it hitting me now. I'm at a friend's house, but I heard that there are floods back home. Anybody's who's been following, it's just been crises after crises with me.
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by ernieba1
    Allison, or whatever's left of it, it hitting me now. I'm at a friend's house, but I heard that there are floods back home. Anybody's who's been following, it's just been crises after crises with me.
    dag. Bernie, when I saw your post earlier I mentally dismissed it, as we here in the Adirondack Mountains got hit with rain last week that I attributed to Allison. (I know this world is killing you. ) The sky just opened up a few minutes ago.
    maan ... I just got my car dried out, too. (it leaks.)

oh well. at least I'm on high enough ground.
    (tho it's not like we got that much rain here.)
    Last edited by Yorick; 06/17/2001 at 09:08 AM.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    When the storm hit in Houston, our power went out at at 1.40am. The only light available to me was to turn on my trusty Prism, on the bedside table, and use it to to grope my way down the stairs, walk through water on the ground-floor to the garage, to retrieve a flashlight and batteries that I keep in the trunk of the car.
    Then spent hours moving furniture and carpets, and baling out water. But the Prism saved the day!
    Well, as far as I can tell, the biggeest damage is that our new TV (the old one was blown out in the lightning blast), which was just delivered, has sound but no image. Anyone know what the problem might be?
    -Bernie

-Dan Quayle
    Depends on the type of TV. Some have split audio & video cables. Might check that the video cable is connected.
    If it's one of those big-screen projection TVs (which I have no experience with; are they even still made?) It could be the projection thing.
    Also, my new TV has a built-in FM receiver, which, when selected, means there's no picture. Might be like that.
    (I didn't get it for that feature, it just happened to be there in this model. It's actually an annoyance, because there's no built-in FM antenna and I'm not going to go get one.)

It also might just be broken.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12