Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Originally posted by Yorick
    Before I say anything else, I respectfully ask that you properly code your responses so I can properly quote them.

Bah! I'll try!
    George of the Jungle:

I don't accept "stupid" as a reason a movie is bad. It's dismissive and unconstructive. You may as well be saying "bah."
    [/b] Bah.

It also isn't aimed at adults; as a kids movie it's pretty decent, but as an adult movie, it's no "2001."
    The little kid I saw this one with said it sucked too. They thought the movie would have had a more FUNNY plot. Some guy who keeps running into a tree gets OLD.
    1) George as a character is dimwitted but the actor isn't.
    Uh... did I ever say he was? I don't think I did...
    I doubt it's very easy to believably play someone of a lower intelligence level. This statement is subjective.
    It was a low-budget movie.
    2) women do strange things sometimes. Besides, George is big and dumb, which some women really go for.
    He's not big and dumb, he's uh.....
    3) Yes it's unoriginal; it's based on a 60's cartoon which was a parody of Tarzan. But, at least that was a constructive statement, thank you.
    I know of the cartoon. The problem was that the movie failed to grasp any dual-level humor (ala Shrek or Toy Story.) A guy who runs into a tree all the time with monkeys doing their classic "slap on the head" move gets old. Even if you have the mentality of a 4 year old.

2001:

Bah.
    Mouse Hunt:

so, you wanted to see an innocent animal get hurt?
    not sure what your problem is here.
    Damn straight. Save the cat, kill the mouse.
    I mean, look at it from the mouse's point of view. Those two guys were trying to kill him.
    The mouse should have signed a contract with them! Jeesh! What a pea-brained animal.
    I like silent film comedies, which Mouse Hunt is a reflection of, so I may just have a completely different viewpoint from yours.
    But is it the RIGHT viewpoint???

Pauly Shore's "In the Army Now":

But tell us how you really feel.
    Seriously though, I'm just asking for more of a reason than "stupid."

I was expecting something with witty humor mixed with stupidity. Not just a plot that draggggggeeeddd on and lost me after 3 minutes. Zzzzzz

Rugrats the Movie:

alright, that's acceptable to me.

man I'm getting crotchety. I knew I should have kept my mouth shut.
    Damn straight! Now don't "be blue" (look James! I have the same sense of humor YOU do!!! ) just because I disagree.

------

Now as for KCannon....
    I HAVE to see that movie! I'll be LMAO my entire time! Cyborg! What will they think of next!!!!!
    <b><font size=1 color=teal>"Sorry about the whole thing about losing your life savings, but that Palmpilot is property of Enron, so please give it back"
    Originally posted by bblue

Now as for KCannon....
    I HAVE to see that movie! I'll be LMAO my entire time! Cyborg! What will they think of next!!!!!
    Trust me--see the MST version so at least there will be some smart a** humor for you to laugh at! Oh, by the way, she didn't go through with her plans to become a nun!
    "Worst movie ever made" is purely subjective. I've seen plenty of movies that were entertaining but had poor acting (Dungeons & Dragons) and popcorn films that you check your logic at the door (ID4). These movies are fun and have their place. Heck I saw Hudson Hawk on Video and thought it was a pretty funny movie.

Since I haven't seen every movie, I can't say what the worst ones were. These were stinkers that I wanted to walk out on but couldn't because I was with people:

4 Cutthroat Island (bad acting, Geena Davis)
    3 The Long Kiss Goodnight (see above)
    2 Last Man Standing (poor script and slow paced)
    1 The Chamber (horrible script and moved like molasses. Shame for such a great cast. I had to look up the title because I had blocked it out)
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    The Postman is pretty terrible, but if you're into camp, it's a pretty interesting train wreck of a movie. The plot is stupid as hell (stupid is a valid criticism in my book), the acting is terrible, the theme is unbearably jingoistic, and it stars Kevin Costner mugging the camera at every turn.
    I agree with a lot of bblue's worst movie but I thought Gladiator was a very good movie, at least for an adventure type film with drama mixed in. I think the plots believable and where was there bad computer graphics? Colluseum etc... looked fine?!

But bblue, really shouldn't you be commenting on movies that are targeted at YOUR age group? Bananas in Pajamas?!

As for those who say George was marketed towards kids, no it wasn't! It was a FAMILY film (Unlike ex: Pokemon, which is only for kids) and it suuuuuuuuuuuucked. I don't know why anyone would try to defend that piece of crap?!

As for some movies I don't like: The Mexican (Its not really BAD, just not interesting!), Vertical Limit, Dudley Doright, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Scary Movie...
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    LOL! Remember when I said, "I even like most bad 'B-movies'?" It's being proven now...

I liked Cutthroat Island and The Long Kiss Goodnight that James wanted to walk out on and Volcano that icthus said was a "piece of garbage". Did I think they were great movies? Heck no - my taste is not that bad. (hee hee) I recognize that they were not good films, but I enjoyed them in their bad-ness anyway - kind of a "let me just munch on my popcorn and see what other silly thing they are going to come up with next" experience. (I even watch Sci-Fi's "Black Scorpion." *hanging my head in shame...* There is not a worst show on television. Trust me on this. And I watch it anyway.)

My favorite movies tend to be the old ones that they don't make anymore. I like dramas like Citizen Kane and Laura, musicals like Singin' In The Rain and anything with Audrey Hepburn in it. The more resent stuff are usually most sappy romantic comedies like While You Were Sleeping, sci-fi pictures like The Terminator and The Abyss, along with dramas like Shawshank Redemption and The Usual Suspects. Ohhh, gotta go now. I think I will go watch Verbal Kent tell all...

Oh, and James... I get funny looks from people when I tell them I don't think Hudson Hawk was a bad movie, and that I actually enjoyed it.
    "Attitudes are contagious... Is YOURS worth catching?"
    3.)The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, Her Lover
    2.)The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, Her Lover
    1.)The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, Her Lover
    When I get a little money I buy books; if any is left, I buy food and clothes.
    I forgot to add "Pokemon." They should be #1 on the list.

It is very rare I get to see a movie. Partially because I hate so many of them, but most of the part is I really HATE having to DO stuff. I'd rather sit here than go waste money on a movie. (jussssst kidding)

Most of the movies I see are with my younger cousins, or my sister (who, still watches "powerpuff girls" to put things in perspective) .

Nonetheless, just because it's a kids movie DOES NOT mean it is bad! Shrek & Toy Story are two SHINING examples of this. Before Disney lost almost all of their talent, their films were decent.

As for Bananas in Pajamas.......

---
    And I have not seen it, but someone told me 'Moulin Rouge' is a kick-**** movie. Any comments?
    <b><font size=1 color=teal>"Sorry about the whole thing about losing your life savings, but that Palmpilot is property of Enron, so please give it back"
    Hercules (1983) http://us.imdb.com/Title?0085672

Mars Attacks! (1996) http://us.imdb.com/Title?0116996

I have seen many many movies, and these two just stick out as really bad.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Your list would not be complete without Plan Nine from Outerspace.
    To each his own. I thought Mars Attacks was a great campy movie. Any movie that kills off most of the lead cast in the first 10 minutes is a keeper.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    I really liked Mars Attacks!

And don't diss PowerPuff Girls! (Actually...they used to be good, now their episodes are so repetitive).
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    1) Air Bud 1
    Unoriginal plot
    Stupid Plot
    Bad Acting
    Unrealistic Plot
    Classic "Disney" problems

2) Air Bud 2
    Unoriginal plot
    Stupid Plot
    Bad Acting
    Unrealistic Plot
    Classic "Disney" problems
    Stupidity to continue on with series.
    I saw airbud 2 on 3 plane rides and airbud 1 later on a plane. Man I hated those movies! I'm glad to see someone else hates them too.
    Originally posted by JHromadka
    To each his own. I thought Mars Attacks was a great campy movie. Any movie that kills off most of the lead cast in the first 10 minutes is a keeper.
    Wasn't Micheal J Fox the first killed? I thougt he was the luckiest man in the world.

Hey i like Hudson Hawk which most ppl I know hate.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    If there is an Air Bud 3 I am personally going to maim Eisner. (And take all of the money he is swindling too!)

Maybe the reason why Disney is doing so poorly is because Eisner is running it. Sheeeeeettt, his income is double what their losses are! Hmmm....
    Originally posted by Matthew Nichols
    I don't know why anyone would try to defend that piece of crap?!
    my intent was not to defend anything, though re-reading my posts now (with a day's worth of distance) I can see they sound that way. I wanted bblue to have a better reason than "stupid." It doesn't sound like he got the point, based on his reply (which I'm not going to continue, it's stood for to long and I no longer care.)

This part is getting into semantics, which is likely a bad idea ... I didn't say it was marketed to kids, just that it was a kids' movie. I saw it because I like Brendan Fraser as an actor, but I wasn't terribly impressed with the movie as a whole. He fares better in "Gods & Monsters" and "Twenty Bucks."

fixed a typo, added parenthetical
    Last edited by Yorick; 06/10/2001 at 12:23 AM.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Originally posted by bblue
    Nonetheless, just because it's a kids movie DOES NOT mean it is bad! Shrek & Toy Story are two SHINING examples of this. Before Disney lost almost all of their talent, their films were decent.
    To me a "kids movie" is one with little to nothing for adults. Toy Story and Shrek are rife with material for adults to enjoy that'll pass right over the heads of children, so I don't consider them kids movies. They're also thankfully not musicals. (Nothing against musicals. But until recently, EVERY American cartoon movie was a musical.)
    I also concur not all kids movies are bad.

bblue, there already *is* an "Air Bud 3." go to imdb & look up "air bud." Better get your Florida plane ticket!

Mars Attacks came out when my gramma lived in Pahrump, Nev. Guess where the Martians first landed in the movie?
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    To me, a truly good kids movie will have a MEANINGFUL plot (Air Bud didn't.) , and is funny on 2 levels. A 8 year old won't view the humor in Toy Story the same way a 38 year old would. That's what's so good. Kid Movies are no excuse for a sappy plot just to ring in cheap $$$. But recently that seems to be the mentality.
    Originally posted by narnia_77
    ... My favorite movies tend to be the old ones that they don't make anymore. I like dramas like Citizen Kane and Laura, musicals like Singin' In The Rain and anything with Audrey Hepburn in it. The more resent stuff are usually most sappy romantic comedies like While You Were Sleeping, sci-fi pictures like The Terminator and The Abyss, along with dramas like Shawshank Redemption and The Usual Suspects. Ohhh, gotta go now. I think I will go watch Verbal Kent tell all...

Oh, and James... I get funny looks from people when I tell them I don't think Hudson Hawk was a bad movie, and that I actually enjoyed it.
    Narnia, When did you finally see Shawshank Redemption? And I agree, anything with Audrey Hepburn is great.

Worst one that comes to mind is:

Spirit of '76 (1991) w/ David Cassidy
    Synopsis-
    It is the year 2176 and three travelers go back in time to retrieve the Constitution and records that were destroyed by storm. They miss their mark however and land in the year 1976 instead of 1776 during the birth of disco.
    Bret Snyder<BR>If you don't know where you're going,<BR>You'll probably end up somewhere else.
    Decided if I'm going to gripe and moan I may as well put in my own vote. (besides, I'm bored. )

"Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" starring the Bee Gees. Poor acting (by non-actors, but that's no excuse), very bad musical performances, which is depressing given the quality of the source material, and gawd-awful special effects for its time (which look even worse now).
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast