Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    Unfortunately I've been in this movie before.

As someone who has a little experience in this stuff, I know how easy it is to become EUPHORIC about our candidate during the nomination process.

McGovern was a bomber pilot who knew war, and understood peace.

Carter seemed like the second coming of somebody --

Dukakis was going to bring us competence and retreive us from the dumb hands of the ideologues.

Kerry was a war hero who would bring us back from the blood, death, and lies of Iraq.

An effective negative ad is more powerful than a dozen truths.

How many here remember how popular "Hillary Care" was before the GOP (and health insurance) scumsters went after it ???

I remember (reminds me of that song from Mary J blige).

Although, we remember things a bit differently, but I can't argue on the way you see things... that would be dumb and a waste of time....

All candidates promise all kinds of things... I remember bush on war, gas and education... but things get changed once in office... they have to face realities and not possibilities.

Either way you cut it, there will be negative ads, but I don't see the relentless barrage of ads that Kerry faced if obama is "the one." Hill... oh, yea... I can see "fl" popping up... and her flip-flop voting on Iraq (same thing that helped kerry not get in office).
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    ...I can't argue on the way you see things... that would be dumb and a waste of time....
    so true ...

Without getting into the specifics, lets just say it was a bad day for Hillary today in NH...

There's something in the air up there ... does anyone remember Ed Muskie ??
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Without getting into the specifics, lets just say it was a bad day for Hillary today in NH...

At least Hillary didn't cry victim.

"You won't have Nixon to kick around anymore!"

Oh, boy...

<moving right along>

You did not have to post all that stuff from the past... why not just go back to 2004 (anyone remember Dean?) (watch all the way to the end... funny stuff)

Although, I like this version better:

</moving right along>

edit: Ok, I watched the video... she was attempting to appear "soft." It was not a break down.... not like Dean anyway.

She spoke of this the other night... that people thought she was too hard. I see what she was doing, but it may have been the wrong move... perception wise anyway.
    Last edited by theog; 01/07/2008 at 06:59 PM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Oh, boy...

<moving right along>

You did not have to post all that stuff from the past... why not just go back to 2004 (anyone remember Dean?) (watch all the way to the end... funny stuff)

Although, I like this version better:

</moving right along>

edit: Ok, I watched the video... she was attempting to appear "soft." It was not a break down.... not like Dean anyway.

She spoke of this the other night... that people thought she was too hard. I see what she was doing, but it may have been the wrong move... perception wise anyway.
    Moving right along [the downward spiral, indeed!]

Of course, we've all learned by now that none of those who were actually present heard the same scream.

But, moving right along ...
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Moving right along [the downward spiral, indeed!]

Of course, we've all learned by now that none of those who were actually present heard the same scream.

But, moving right along ...
    Even without the scream he seemed to have lost it... the scream was just a funny topping for us to .

Hillary I think was trying to do a "soft-side" look, but the perception is she choked up.
    Even without the scream he seemed to have lost it... the scream was just a funny topping for us to .

Hillary I think was trying to do a "soft-side" look, but the perception is she choked up.
    You guys that whine about the traditional 2-Party system constantly crack me up when you [selectively] **** on those who are real. "Lost it"? Puleeeaaase!
    Big question would be who would obama get to run as vice president... or hillary as vice president?

Wow....
    Interesting idea. But I'm not sure that Hillary would help him on the bottom of the ticket. Their combined inexperience would be glaring. I think he needs a Cheney - so to speak. Someone with the deep Washington experience he lacks, like Biden or Gephardt.
    After McCain cleans up in NH, and Huckabee posts a strong finish in SC, where does this leave the Republican field going into NV-> Super Tuesday? Will Miss 9/11 spring forth at the last second ,like a cheetah playing rope-a-dope, and set a new precedent?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Interesting idea. But I'm not sure that Hillary would help him on the bottom of the ticket. Their combined inexperience would be glaring. I think he needs a Cheney - so to speak. Someone with the deep Washington experience he lacks, like Biden or Gephardt.
    Hillary would never accept the Veep, and if the roles were reversed, Barack Hussein would not take the veep option either.
  11.    #51  
    had she wiped him out early, he'd have accepted it had it been offered. It likely would not have been though...
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    had she wiped him out early, he'd have accepted it had it been offered. It likely would not have been though...
    My impression is that both of their large egos would have prevented that from happening. It certainly is not a possibility now, with all the bad blood between both campaigns.

We did just see, after all, Clinton bursting into tears after losing Iowa and, now, on the cusp of losing NH, right?
    Last edited by gojeda; 01/08/2008 at 05:18 AM.
  13.    #53  
    ... Ok, I watched the video... she was attempting to appear "soft." It was not a break down.... not like Dean anyway.

I agree with most of what you said -- I'm sure it was genuine, heart felt. PAINFULLY real even.

And catastrophically destructive.

In case I'm the only one here who has noticed -- that candidate, Hillary --- she happens to be a women...

Everything is so upside down right now.

She took those aggressive positions voting for the war, getting on Armed Services, being the mainstream candidate -- all to subvert the usual female stereotyped vulnerbilities.

Now people are saying she's too cold, not human, not accessable, not VULNERABLE enough. And yet crying contradicts all that she's been striving to portray herself as being -- a strong leader able to be trusted as President -- able to make war, send soldiers to die, to protect the homeland...

I fully expect her to lose in NH Tuesday.

Badly.

When I wrote what I wrote several days ago about not wanting to say how bad she might lose -- I was thinking more than 10+%, maybe 13%. It could be that bad. It could be worse.

I've stopped watching the news. I'm in a state of despair.

The american election process is the closest thing to a lynch mob.

I foresee Bloomberg running in a three way with Obama and McCain.

It will be a very tight tough election. Obama barely wins, if at all. He'll have an inspiring first 6 months 12 months, then probably another failed Fordish presidency.

I haven't slept in a while -- I think I'm babbling. good night everyone. Wake me in 2 years...
    Last edited by BARYE; 01/09/2008 at 10:59 AM.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    My impression is that both of their large egos would have prevented that from happening. It certainly is not a possibility now, with all the bad blood between both campaigns.
    bad blood is Bullsht.

there's no such thing. This is aint bean bag. This is politics. Clinton et al are professionals.

Its what works. That don't.

A first woman and a first Black man don't, at least I never thought so. Both from the NE. Both have nearly identical positions.

I see neither doing well down south. Maybe it doesn't matter -- Mid west, west, and NE can win it easily. Except if Bloomberg ...
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    bad blood is Bullsht.

there's no such thing. This is aint bean bag. This is politics. Clinton et al are professionals.

Its what works. That don't.

A first woman and a first Black man don't, at least I never thought so. Both from the NE. Both have nearly identical positions.

I see neither doing well down south. Maybe it doesn't matter -- Mid west, west, and NE can win it easily. Except if Bloomberg ...
    I will repeat the sentiment. Their egos preclude them from working with each other. She, being the first woman with a real shot at the Presidency, would never EVER accept anything less.

He, being the first person of "color", so to speak, with a real shot at the White House, would never accept less.

Their personalities, and their support base, would not tolerate anything else.

Of, and for the record, neither are from the NE. Hillary is from Chicago. Barack Hussein is from Hawaii.
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Barack Hussein is from Hawaii.
    Always the petty, low-brow politics of fear-mongering, eh, sock-puppet?
    I think both would accept if asked. The choice is to have a chance to be next in line for President, in front of the line next time, and President of the Senate; or going back to being a junior Senator. VP is a major step closer to their Presidential ambitions.

And I also don't see much bad blood between them - nothing we haven't seen many times before between rival candidates who later joined together.
    I was thinking more than 10+%, maybe 13%. It could be that bad.
    You've seen the polls too, eh?

It will be a very tight tough election. Obama barely win, if at all. He'll have an inspiring first 6 months 12 months, then probalby another failed Fordish presidency.
    Why would a President Obama give Shrub a get-out-of-jail card for his crimes against humanity?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Always the petty, low-brow politics of fear-mongering, eh, sock-puppet?
    Is his name not Barack Hussein Obama? <yawn>

Awfully defensive there Shortstuff - and to this, this is the LEAST of his liabilities.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    It will be a very tight tough election. Obama barely win, if at all. He'll have an inspiring first 6 months 12 months, then probalby another failed Fordish presidency.
    If the Ford adminstration was a failure, then I'd hate to see how one who characterize the one that succeeded it. OY!

I haven't slept in a while -- I think I'm babbling. good night everyone....
    What - have you abandoned your final push to Moscow?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast