Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Really? Can't your feet grip a newspaper any longer? You may want to check into the FY2008 Intelligence Authorization bill which just passed 222-199, thanks to some Republicans sobering up under Democratic leadership.

But, let's not allow facts to inconvenience your specious agenda.
    I suppose in Shortie's world, a bill becomes law when the House passes it. Is that correct Shortie-licious?

Quite the "whole" you got yourself into there Shortstuff. Please, bedazzle us with an excuse as only a good-little democrat can.

So that's your best excuse for withholding of evidence. Tell it to the 9/11 commission, Chuckles.
    Id be more interested in what Pel00si's excuse is, considering she looked the other way.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Your, and those of your ilk on this forum, incessant demogogic invocation of "torture" is rich in hypocrisy. You and your party have not (nor has even attempted to) outlaw waterboarding in the past, and there seems to be little desire to do so in the future.
    Really? Can't your feet grip a newspaper any longer? You may want to check into the FY2008 Intelligence Authorization bill which just passed 222-199, thanks to some Republicans sobering up under Democratic leadership.

But, let's not allow facts to inconvenience your specious agenda.

So that's your best excuse for withholding of evidence. Tell it to the 9/11 commission, Chuckles.
    You wear hypocrisy like a fine tailored suit.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    You wear hypocrisy like a fine tailored suit.
    Say what you will, but at least I know how my government works. Unfortunately, I cannot same the same for you - and for millions of others in this country who choose to wallow in their ignorance.
  4.    #24  
    Say what you will, but at least I know how my government works.
    No, you pacify your government with unquestioned, blind support. Knowing how my government works, and every government to have fallen down this catastrophic road throughout history, under the banner of mega-corporate business, recessed liberties, consolidation of Executive authority, manipulation of the Judiciary, etc is the historically perfect recipe for implosion. You lit the fire, not any external force.

Unfortunately, I cannot same the same for you - and for millions of others in this country who choose to wallow in their ignorance.
    See above.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    No, you pacify your government with unquestioned, blind support.
    You call it blind support. I call it eschewing baseless conspiracy theories, keeping the partisan witch-hunts to a minimum, and expecting my national government to provide the basic necessary service of national security while leaving it to each one of us to do the rest.

You, on the other hand, provide endless fodder with your baseless recriminations, inexhaustable conspiracy theories, a self-absorbed aire of entitlement laced with petty personal politics.

To call you a liberal would be giving you too much credit.

Knowing how my government works, and every government to have fallen down this catastrophic road throughout history, under the banner of mega-corporate business, recessed liberties, consolidation of Executive authority, manipulation of the Judiciary, etc is the historically perfect recipe for implosion. You lit the fire, not any external force.
    What kind of unadulterated drivel is this? When the hell has the "mega corporation" ever existed in human history outside of the 20 and 21st century?

What country has ever had such a long lasting representative democracy such as ours? What country has ever had the successive streak of a peaceful transition of power through popular elections? What country has ever sent teams of forensics, to this day, into the world's hellholes to find remains of our fallen soldiers? What country has sent the case of a undecided election to the highest court in the land - where it was settled peacefully and with integrity? What country has ever treated those who have made war against it with a clean bed and three square meals a day?

Despite all the foibles, the corruption, and the sheer ignorance of the citizenry such as yourself, the "grand experiment" still works - perfectly or imperfectly as it may. Fortunately, those who appreciate that still greatly outnumber those who choose to malign it.
  6.    #26  
    You call it blind support. I call it eschewing baseless conspiracy theories, keeping the partisan witch-hunts to a minimum, and expecting my national government to provide the basic necessary service of national security while leaving it to each one of us to do the rest.

You, on the other hand, provide endless fodder with your baseless recriminations, inexhaustable conspiracy theories, a self-absorbed aire of entitlement laced with petty personal politics.
    Your lack of reading comprehension is noted - again. You should look into why your DNA is like that.

To call you a liberal would be giving you too much credit.
    Your self-described Reagan-Republicanism is hysterical.

What kind of unadulterated drivel is this? When the hell has the "mega corporation" ever existed in human history outside of the 20 and 21st century?
    Your avoidance of World History - 101 is just sitting out there on it own, all alone, whistling past the graveyard.

What country has ever had such a long lasting representative democracy such as ours? What country has ever had the successive streak of a peaceful transition of power through popular elections? What country has ever sent teams of forensics, to this day, into the world's hellholes to find remains of our fallen soldiers? What country has sent the case of a undecided election to the highest court in the land - where it was settled peacefully and with integrity? What country has ever treated those who have made war against it with a clean bed and three square meals a day?
    With your blind support of centralized Executive authority, you can wave goodbye to all of that distant history.

Despite all the foibles, the corruption, and the sheer ignorance of the citizenry such as yourself, the "grand experiment" still works - perfectly or imperfectly as it may. Fortunately, those who appreciate that still greatly outnumber those who choose to malign it.
    Imperfections such as centralized Executive authority, manipulation of the Judiciary, chronic Presidential fear-mongering, etc is only tolerated by those on the sinking ship who benefit from its existence, Chuckles.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Your lack of reading comprehension is noted - again. You should look into why your DNA is like that.
    Your appetite for good fiction is noted. Perhaps Agatha Christie, and not Habeas Corpus, should be your preferred view of government?

Your self-described Reagan-Republicanism is hysterical.
    So sayeth the boy who cries wolf at the drop of a hat.

Your avoidance of World History - 101 is just sitting out there on it own, all alone, whistling past the graveyard.
    I hear they've just uncovered an ancient Walmart commissioned by Nebuchadnezzar after he sacked Jerusalem.

With your blind support of centralized Executive authority, you can wave goodbye to all of that distant history.
    "Centralized executive authority" - whatever THAT means.

Imperfections such as centralized Executive authority, manipulation of the Judiciary, chronic Presidential fear-mongering, etc is only tolerated by those on the sinking ship who benefit from its existence, Chuckles.
    Ignorance of the macinations of government would, naturally, lead someone to such conclusions. However, history shows that all three branches of government have a history of pushing the limits of their authority. That is to be expected in a republican democracy - in fact, it is demanded by none other less than that representative's constituency.
  8.    #28  
    Your appetite for good fiction is noted. Perhaps Agatha Christie, and not Habeas Corpus, should be your preferred view of government?
    Your made-for-TV fictionalized tales of fantasy are well chronicalled here, under all 5-fingers, sock-puppet.

So sayeth the boy who cries wolf at the drop of a hat.
    Get a mirror, sock-puppet.

I hear they've just uncovered an ancient Walmart commissioned by Nebuchadnezzar after he sacked Jerusalem.
    Find your sock-puppet masks while they were at it, Chuckles?

"Centralized executive authority" - whatever THAT means.
    Your historical perspective is quaintly selective, isn't it, Chuckles? How precious!

Ignorance of the macinations of government would, naturally, lead someone to such conclusions. However, history shows that all three branches of government have a history of pushing the limits of their authority. That is to be expected in a republican democracy - in fact, it is demanded by none other less than that representative's constituency.
    Your fantasy-based anti-American rhetoric is duly noted.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Your made-for-TV fictionalized tales of fantasy are well chronicalled here, under all 5-fingers, sock-puppet.

Get a mirror, sock-puppet.

Find your sock-puppet masks while they were at it, Chuckles?

Your historical perspective is quaintly selective, isn't it, Chuckles? How precious!

Your fantasy-based anti-American rhetoric is duly noted.
    Since your last post has demonstrated you are now at the end of your rope, I will let you have the last word you so desperately need for your own self-validation.

Fire away Shortstuff!
  10.    #30  
    Since your last post has demonstrated you are now at the end of your rope, I will let you have the last word you so desperately need for your own self-validation.

Fire away Shortstuff!
    Time to feed the sock-puppets youngin's ? Or just tired of firing blanks?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12