Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    John McCain has begun running using almost the identical quotes and words that were in my earlier post...
    While Romney's vacillating nature is a liability, McCain looses points for originality. Calling someone a "phony", and leaving it at that, is not particularly constructive.

....than again, what can he done in a 15 second or 30 second spot?

What I did find equally interesting, though, was my prediciton that Huckabee's foreign policy acumen is being called into question.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/...icy/index.html

Then you have Barack's gaffe of linking Bhutto's death to the war in Iraq.

Mystifying.
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    While Romney's vacillating nature is a liability, McCain looses points for originality. Calling someone a "phony", and leaving it at that, is not particularly constructive.

....than again, what can he done in a 15 second or 30 second spot?

What I did find equally interesting, though, was my prediciton that Huckabee's foreign policy acumen is being called into question.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/...icy/index.html

Then you have Barack's gaffe of linking Bhutto's death to the war in Iraq.

Mystifying.

Technically McCain is only quoting the opinions of NH's 2 leading newspapers about Romney -- newspapers that because of proximity know Romney extremely well.

These are newspapers that probably agree on nothing -- except that Romney is a phony.

The best thing you say about Huckabee and his foriegn policy credentials (and I'm not being sarcastic) is that he's slightly more qualified than junior to be president
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  3.    #123  
    my favorite moment in the debate last night was when after Romney prattled on about how really really he Romney was the one for change, McCain in agreement chimed in:

"We disagree on a lot of issues," McCain said. "But I agree, you are the candidate of change."

Romney's new "change" message carries risks
    By Jason Szep (Reuters)

Mitt Romney, reeling from defeat in Iowa, is casting himself newly in the race for the U.S. presidency as an outsider who will shake up Washington, but his message of change is a double-edged sword...

"Americans are not looking for Washington insiders. They are looking for change, and change is what we are going to give them," he said ...

"Look at the people running for president. They will talk about the problems from one side to the other. But then after four years, 12 or 16 what's actually changed? Nothing," he told voters at a house party on Saturday in Bedford.

In that six-minute speech, he used the words "change," "changed" or "changing" more than a dozen times.

But the message is complicated by his support for many of President George W. Bush's most polarizing policies -- from the Iraq war to tax cuts for the wealthy -- and his efforts to present himself as a Bush loyalist to the party's conservative base
    in recent months, political analysts say.

"It's difficult not just to imagine the kinds of changes he'll bring but to imagine him as that kind of candidate. It goes against everything he has run on for the past half year," said Julian Zelizer, a professor of politics at Princeton University who has tracked Romney's career for years...

...Mike Huckabee's win last week in Iowa and the groundswell of Democratic support for Barack Obama show "a complete repudiation of the Bush administration's policies."

"Romney is reading the tea leaves here and realizes he is going to have to go up against Bush and at least give the appearance that he is repudiating the status quo here in the Republican party," he said.

Romney is also opening himself up to attacks over one of his biggest liabilities: the perception that he is a flip-flopper after shifting stances on several hot-button social issues -- from gay rights to abortion and gun control -- before entering the presidential race.

McCain, whose maverick image is seen picking up support among independent voters in New Hampshire, turned the theme of change against his rival for the Republican nomination in a televised debate on Saturday.

"We disagree on a lot of issues," he said. "But I agree, you are the candidate of change."...

...The former Arkansas governor broke with Republican orthodoxy by criticizing Bush and rode a surge of evangelical Christian support.
    Last edited by BARYE; 01/10/2008 at 09:59 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567