Since certain posters have a tendency to inspire the closing of threads, those of us that spend little after-hours time here didn't get a chance to respond...

bblue:
But I also know that people like you and Toby would NEVER put me on your ignore list, because you ENJOY reading other people's comments on my posts!
Yes, watching others refute your delusions can be entertaining at times. The intentional fool is no better than the unintentional one, though. They're usually more tragic (Belushi, Farley, etc.).

However, if anyone thinks that a practical joke about a birthday is too much for them, maybe they should see a therapist, or loosen the rod.
As usual, you miss the point. A single practical joke is one thing, but when one makes such things one's raison d'Ítre on a message board, one can become a detriment to others' communications.

You simply kept me from giving you the credit you probably would like to have.
You really should give up the arm-chair psychologist schtick. You have an insufficient base of reference.

I really think THIS is what real immaturity is.
You can think whatever you like. This particular example is likely just as wrong as usual.

You're supposed to help others, even if you hate them, because they'll listen to you then, and give you more respect.
You mean that you're not supposed to make mocking 'impressions' of those that you perceive as 'hating' you? That seems a bit hypocritical. I give all unknown persons a modicum of respect as a human. Where they go from there depends on their conduct. Yours has been lacking.

I learned that back in 1st grade, and have watched it happen throughout my life.
I enjoyed Fulghum's books quite a bit when I read them, but they are hopelessly naive, and if you honestly believed that, you wouldn't have pulled that 'impression' thread out of nowhere. I watched that happen in first grade too. Difference is that I learned that it's not nice to make fun of others. No, I wasn't offended personally, but it certainly makes such claims hollow, transparent, and self-serving.

Same goes to Toby. Try being constructive (seriously) in your future posts about me. See if I listen. You may be surprised.
News flash: I _have_ been being constructive. Your behavior in multiple instances has been crass, immature, and seems rather unintelligent. I've informed you of this when I've noticed it. Your reaction tends towards the "if you don't like it, ignore me because I'm not going to change". This doesn't surprise me in the least. In fact, it confirms my assessment. You haven't listened previously, so why exactly should I believe you'll listen now. Maybe you should try to remember what you learned in kindergarten as well as first grade. Community and cooperation go much farther than trolling and mocking.

'dicksy-doo' wrote:
And you've been so constructive in your posts. How about this, Mr. Morality: "Take the plank out of thy own eye before trying to remove the speck in thy brothers' (paraphrased, as I don't have the passage memorized verbatim)"?
Luke 6:42
Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.
And to prevent some new delusions, no, I'm not a religious person. I'm a heathen. I've just seen the quote before and have a fairly good memory.