Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Relax you humans -- this is not BARYE saying this -- these were reputable scientists from your own species who conducted objective scientific tests !!!

Five year old Chimps beat human college students !!!

For ages I've been mocked (even persecuted) for asserting similar claims in regard to my simian brethren and their native superiority to their bare naked human cousins.

Finally science has let at least this debate be settled.

Chimps beat humans in memory test

By Helen Briggs
    Science reporter, BBC News Monday, 3 December 2007

Chimpanzees have an extraordinary photographic memory that is far superior to ours, research suggests.

Young chimps outperformed university students in memory tests devised by Japanese scientists.

The tasks involved remembering the location of numbers on a screen, and correctly recalling the sequence.

The findings, published in Current Biology, suggest we may have under-estimated the intelligence of our closest living relatives.

Until now, it had always been assumed that chimps could not match humans in memory and other mental skills...

..."No one can imagine that chimpanzees - young chimpanzees at the age of five - have a better performance in a memory task than humans.

"Here we show for the first time that young chimpanzees have an extraordinary working memory capability for numerical recollection - better than that of human adults tested in the same apparatus, following the same procedure." ...

...During the experiment, each subject was presented with various numerals from one to nine on a touch screen monitor.

The numbers were then replaced with blank squares and the test subject had to remember which number appeared in which location, then touch the appropriate square. ...

The university students were slower than all of the three young chimpanzees in their response. ...

This is evidence, the researchers believe, that young chimps have a photographic memory which allows them to memorise a complex scene or pattern at a glance. ...

Incredible video documenting all this:

counting test

memory test
    Last edited by BARYE; 12/04/2007 at 10:13 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Well...

I wasn't going to say anything, but I couldn't resist.

I can see where monkeys are smarter than humans. I figure they don't have anything to say except for a few monkey noises, and they aren't posting wierd stuff in forums.

That gives them all kinds of time to think about things in the jungle.

Bah! The test was biased. It did not account for the cultural and racial differences between chimps and humans.

This is the problem with all standardized tests. :-)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Monkey's might be more intelligent, but pigs are our equal (as told by Sir Churchill himself).

Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    Monkeys are geniuses -- humans are dumb !!! (scientifically proven)
    Really? Then could you kindly explain or the resident sock-puppet attack machine
    I heard this on the news this morning. One thing that's not being mentioned here, but that was touched on by the news is this: The Chimps tended to miss just as many as the humans, where they beat the humans was in speed.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    I heard this on the news this morning. One thing that's not being mentioned here, but that was touched on by the news is this: The Chimps tended to miss just as many as the humans, where they beat the humans was in speed.
    I'm sorry to be the bearer of harsh truth Mr. Phrog, but denial is sooo not just a river in the desert.

My species smoked your species. Watch this video.

Let this be the end of pathetic human arrogance -- perhaps my brethren (under BARYE's inspired leadership) can put them all into cages before its too late to save the planet...
    Last edited by BARYE; 12/07/2007 at 09:42 AM.
    Well of course the monkees have better "Photographic" memory, they have to since their language skills are lacking and they must figure it out to get their treat. University students are distracted by worrying about a variety of things the Simians don't have to consider: How will I get that paper done for my next class?... Should I pledge to the fraternity?... How can I wrangle more money outta Mom and Pop?... How can I hook up with that cutie across the classroom?... Well, maybe the chimps have that last one to think about as well.

And hey! Stop portraying our President as a Chimp! That's Insulting!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Insulting to President Bush, or the chimp?
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    And hey! Stop portraying our President as a Chimp! That's Insulting!
    President? I thought that was Miss Texas!
    < < Edited by Septimus > >
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 12/05/2007 at 08:22 AM. Reason: borderline
    Where's Munk? He should be gloating as well.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    < < Edited by Septimus -- original quote gone too > >
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 12/05/2007 at 08:23 AM.
    ... that was too easy! Didn't mean anyone to get edited over it!

Sometimes us Repubs just need to throw the other side a bone now and then.

"Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    ... that was too easy! Didn't mean anyone to get edited over it!

Sometimes us Repubs just need to throw the other side a bone now and then.

When you're not too busy throwing each other bones.

Think he washed those hands before leaving the men's room?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post

I don't know. You might want to ask the old pro.....

....Barney Frank on the proper "protocol".
    gojeda (and his other sock-puppet names) defending Larry Craig : Hypocrites defending hypocrites.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    gojeda (and his other sock-puppet names) defending Larry Craig : Hypocrites defending hypocrites.
    Shortie, after getting banned the first time around, insists on playing infantile partisan politics by throwing stones from glass houses.

Some of us never learn it seems. Poor poor Shortstuff
    Last edited by gojeda; 12/05/2007 at 07:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Shortie, after getting banned the first time around, insists on playing infantile partisan politics by throwing stones from glass houses.

Some of us never learn it seems. Poor poor Shortstuff
    What other response would I expect from a defensive troll but more monkey-dust?
  20.    #20  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast