Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by ****-richardson

What's even funnier is that I have a couple of nicely scanned pictures of my edge sitting on my hard drive right now. The only thing that's kept me from posting them is bblue's name next to the request.

That's fine. You simply kept me from giving you the credit you probably would like to have. I really think THIS is what real immaturity is. You're supposed to help others, even if you hate them, because they'll listen to you then, and give you more respect. I learned that back in 1st grade, and have watched it happen throughout my life.

Same goes to Toby. Try being constructive (seriously) in your future posts about me. See if I listen. You may be surprised.

----

Ok, that felt awkward to say.
    <b><font size=1 color=teal>"Sorry about the whole thing about losing your life savings, but that Palmpilot is property of Enron, so please give it back"
    Um, I have yet to figure out the pointy stick vs. rock thing...
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    Um, I have yet to figure out the pointy stick vs. rock thing...
    There's a current TV ad that uses that as an analogy for progress (a caveman holding a pointy stick is laughed at by his rock-carrying fellows, until he stabs one of them with it) and someone on this board is (or was recently) using it as a signature line; I forget who.
    I don't recall what company the ad is for. bblue has previously noted he spends time at AdCritic.com, which is an online repository of entertaining commercials.

Personally, I prefer a 16-ton weight over a pointy stick anyday.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Originally posted by bblue
    That's fine. You simply kept me from giving you the credit you probably would like to have.
    The last thing I want is an endorsement from you.
    I really think THIS is what real immaturity is.
    Boy, you sure have that pegged!
    You're supposed to help others, even if you hate them, because they'll listen to you then, and give you more respect.
    I care for no man's respect, save my own. I don't hate you (which would require more energy than I care to devote to our relationship). It's a simple matter of distrust in your stated reasons for the request. And I seriously doubt I'll get sent to hell for not sending someone pictures of my edge.
    I learned that back in 1st grade, and have watched it happen throughout my life.
    Keep watching. You might notice something interesting about people's responses to idiocy.

Same goes to Toby. Try being constructive (seriously) in your future posts about me. See if I listen. You may be surprised.
    And you've been so constructive in your posts. How about this, Mr. Morality: "Take the plank out of thy own eye before trying to remove the speck in thy brothers' (paraphrased, as I don't have the passage memorized verbatim)"?
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    There's a current TV ad that uses that as an analogy for progress (a caveman holding a pointy stick is laughed at by his rock-carrying fellows, until he stabs one of them with it) and someone on this board is (or was recently) using it as a signature line; I forget who.
    I don't recall what company the ad is for. bblue has previously noted he spends time at AdCritic.com, which is an online repository of entertaining commercials

Oh!! I'm too busy reading VC to watch television!! Besides--in my house, I don't get to control the remote and we never ever ever actually sit throught the commercials w/o flipping to something else

Was it not BB himself using that as a tag line?
    You people disgust me! I am the one who had the pointy stick quote in my signature! The ad was for Quizno's! (is it on Adcritic?)

The ad goes as follows:

"At Quizno's, we toast our subs to enhance the flavors. Are we weird, or pioneers? Consider the stone age:
    (Monty Python Accent)
    Caveman: Trevor, where's your rock?
    Trevor: I have discarded it in favor of this pointy stick!
    Cavemen: Hahaha... a pointed stick!
    *Trevor stabs caveman with pointy stick*
    Caveman: I see benefit of a pointed stick

Quizno's, we're like the guy who had the pointy stick INSTEAD of the rock."
    ---

And to Dickety:

gawd forbid you be the person to set things straight.

Your last post was simply an attack on me. (the last thing I want is an endorsement from you) ?? That's the signal for me to end this debate. It's not endorsement. It's respect for your words and opinions. I would think you'd be the person to value such a thing.
    <b><font size=1 color=teal>"Sorry about the whole thing about losing your life savings, but that Palmpilot is property of Enron, so please give it back"
    Originally posted by K. Cannon

Oh!! I'm too busy reading VC to watch television!! Besides--in my house, I don't get to control the remote and we never ever ever actually sit throught the commercials w/o flipping to something else

Several years ago I worked for a TV Listings company. When I started, I didn't watch much TV. Now I know too much ...

Was it not BB himself using that as a tag line?
    mmm, could be ...
    I tried to search for it and it didn't come up. Since avatars, signatures and other personal info are updated for all posts back to the dawn of time when you make changes to your account, it's difficult to prove unless someone has a screen capture.
    'course bblue could say he did, but who'd believe him?

(I feel so weird discussing bblue as if he's not going to read this ... like talking about someone when they're standing in front of you)
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    I am the one who had the pointy stick quote in my signature!
    If you say so!

The ad was for Quizno's! (is it on Adcritic?)
    okaydoke.
    I dunno if it's on AdCritic, I rarely go there; in fact it was your mention of it (a complaint about speed) that made me go look in the first place. I know they have the first three Outpost.com ads (though, that's irrelevant).
    Apparently I've only seen the shortened version of the ad, I've never heard the cavemen speaking.
    Originally posted by Yorick

If you say so!

Ok.
    The word "instead" was in all-caps and in italics
    The entire phrase was centered, and it was in TEAL.

okaydoke.
    I dunno if it's on AdCritic, I rarely go there; in fact it was your mention of it (a complaint about speed) that made me go look in the first place. I know they have the first three Outpost.com ads (though, that's irrelevant).
    Apparently I've only seen the shortened version of the ad, I've never heard the cavemen speaking. [/B]
    I guess tattooing youngsters foreheads, releasing ravenous wolves on marching bands, and shooting gerbils out of a cannon helped you remember their name!
    gawd forbid you be the person to set things straight.
    implying?

Your last post was simply an attack on me. (the last thing I want is an endorsement from you) ??
    It's merely fact. I ignore endorsements/credit/compliments from from anyone I, myself, wouldn't endorse, credit, or compliment.
    That's the signal for me to end this debate.
    And good luck to you.
    It's not endorsement. It's respect for your words and opinions. I would think you'd be the person to value such a thing.
    I'm the person that checks his comments/behavior against his ability to keep his self-respect. I'm not saying that I don't appreciate respect from others, but seeking it is hardly a motivating factor for me.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.

If you say so!

Ok.
    The word "instead" was in all-caps and in italics
    The entire phrase was centered, and it was in TEAL.
    It wasn't that I didn't believe you, I was refferring to my other post (which I was writing while you were posting).
    You lacked an avatar at the time you were using that line, correct?

I guess tattooing youngsters foreheads, releasing ravenous wolves on marching bands, and shooting gerbils out of a cannon helped you remember their name!
    Actually I'd forgotten all about those ads until Outpost brought up the Gerbil again recently. I bought a pile of gear from them last year when they still had free shipping on everything; the name had come up on a search engine. I had an "oh, yeah, I forgot about that!" moment when I saw it.

It wasn't that I didn't believe you, I was refferring to my other post (which I was writing while you were posting).
    You lacked an avatar at the time you were using that line, correct?

I knew that! I think My avatar at that time WAS either Clippy saying "All your base are belong to us" , Snowball I, or my infamous "Handsprung" logo. It replaced my "iggy the cat" signature saying something along the lines of "Make me use Windows and I'll bomb your company."

Actually I'd forgotten all about those ads until Outpost brought up the Gerbil again recently. I bought a pile of gear from them last year when they still had free shipping on everything; the name had come up on a search engine. I had an "oh, yeah, I forgot about that!" moment when I saw it. [/B]
    I can remember their ads, but for some reason, Outpost.com goes in one ear and out the other!

---

It's like the Cat-herders ad and the "Running with the Squirrels" ad. I love the ads, but forgot who it was sponsoring.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12