1.    #1  
    I live in the UK and have just upgraded my data plan so it is now feasible for me to stream radio onto my Treo (yeah!)

I'd love to have a listen to some US based radio stations, particularly Talk Radio ones. Can any of you guys over there give me some recomendations of some of the good ones I should check out.

I also love Rhythm & Blues music (the Eric Clapton variety, not the Urban Hip Hop one!), so any music stations that fit this genre would be good to hear about.

Cheers

Agg
    Quote Originally Posted by Agg (of Leve) View Post
    I live in the UK and have just upgraded my data plan so it is now feasible for me to stream radio onto my Treo (yeah!)

I'd love to have a listen to some US based radio stations, particularly Talk Radio ones. Can any of you guys over there give me some recomendations of some of the good ones I should check out.

I also love Rhythm & Blues music (the Eric Clapton variety, not the Urban Hip Hop one!), so any music stations that fit this genre would be good to hear about.

Cheers

Agg
    Kinoma has a good cross section in its media guide (especially the Clear Channel stations)
    Try via PTunes
    KGO Radio is west coast all-talk #1 in the market. Len Tillem is a lawyer, he's good and sometimes funny.
    espnradio!!
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Kinoma has a good cross section in its media guide (especially the Clear Channel stations)
    because of you Shop, I did a little research on Kinoma vs. Ptunes.

After I decided on Kinoma, I found this site that explained how to get Kinoma for only $15 -- and had it up and running in only a few minutes.

If I'm ever allowed out of OT, I have much else to learn as well I'm sure...

(BTW -- radio streaming REALLY sucks life from that battery ...)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Agg (of Leve) View Post

Agg
    RE: Talk stations in the US, what are you interested in? Conservative? Liberal? "Straight News"?
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
  7.    #7  
    Good question xdalaw! We don't have such differentiations over here. You get a real mix of left, right and just darn crazy on the same station. I was kinda hoping I could find somthing similar to listen to from over there, just to take the temperature of what the "man in the street" is thinking. The sort of thing I am looking for are shows where people phone up and talk to the presenters telling them what they think. From some of them I've heard to date, it seems to be more the other way round, i.e. the presenter telling the listener what to think!

Thanks for the suggestions about looking at some of the media guides. However the problem I always have with these is that there are just so many to choose from I never know where to start. I was hoping people would tell me what they actually listen to themselves rather than giving me a place to go for me to take a "lucky dip" into.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hard question to answer given talk radio today. I listen to Opie and Anthony for my daily dose of funny. (blech) I have yet to find any interesting topic of the day type of radio stations. Way too biased for my tastes.

But you may like the Sports Junkies out of Wash D.C. for all kinds of commentary. They talk about everything and have good listener participation. I am not sure if they are syndicated or on the net, but if so, they are worth checking out.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Agg-

Sorry about the delay in responding. Here are a bunch of playlist files for some American Radio Stations that stream. Not sure if all still work, as they often seem to change their streaming URL.

I'm partial to Conservative Talk, but there are a few others mixed in as well.

Let me know if they work and if you find some/one that you like.

--Andrew
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    You could also check out The Stream Center or the mobile version of their site. It is a great reference for "American Radio stations broadcasting on the internet"

There is also this site: http://www.radio-locator.com/
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I think the thing Agg wanted was some recommendations of particular stations. The Streamcenter is great, if you know what station you're looking for, but way too much if you don't--IMHO.
  12.    #12  
    You are spot on XDA. I have been trying Streamcenter which is great, if I know what station I'm looking for, but way too much if I don't. What I wanted were some recommendations of particular stations.