Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Oh the irony....
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    I take exception with the common assertion that this (US) is a "Christian" nation and that our laws are "Judeo-Christian".

The major laws in US are similar to those around the world, even in nations like India, and European nations (that don't proclaim themselves as Christian). Don't kill, don't steal, don't lie on the witness stand etc etc. In fact, one can argue that the major laws are non-sectarian (even if the sect in question is Christianity).

Let's look at the 10 Commandments and how it pertains to US and other major democracies:

I am the Lord thy God - too vague - not coded into law
    Thou shalt have no other gods before me - same as above
    Thou shalt not make for thyself an idol - not a law
    Thou shalt not make wrongful use of the name of thy God - not a law
    Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy - Best sales are on Sundays !!
    Honor thy Father and Mother - universal value
    Thou shalt not murder - universal law
    Thou shalt not commit adultery - no law, universal value
    Thou shalt not steal - universal law
    Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor - universal law
    Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house - no law
    Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife - yeah, right!!

So, I bet all world is covered by these commandments, at least as well as US is. Does that make the entire planet a "Christian" planet? Many would take exception.
    Ahhh yes. Moses' borrowed system for Jewish order and personal power. Easy to do when there's an ever-present invisible boogyman. Same low-brow tactics, different day.
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Your thinly veiled biases are plain to see. Those with integrity have no need for veiled agendas, nor for sock-puppets.

Back to the actual subject at hand.
    Psst, Shorty, don`t look now, but you have no integrity. You`ve all the characteristics of a mere spinmeister, plain and simple, and therefore there is no integrity for you to claim. Talk about thinly veiled agendas and low-brow tactics!!!

Regarding this topic, you are being willfully dense, and "people of integrity" generally have no need for such disingenious fools who twist others` statements for their own political agendas.

Back to the ACTUAL subject at hand, indeed.
    I agree, logmein. Lifes2short's self aggrandization in touting his own so-called "integrity" are truly an amusing, egotistical sideshow.
    Shortstuff's spin ends here.
    Quote Originally Posted by treosensei View Post
    I agree, logmein. Lifes2short's self aggrandization in touting his own so-called "integrity" are truly an amusing, egotistical sideshow.
    Shortstuff's spin ends here.
    Can't post on-subject without making it purely personal. Tsk, tsk. And yet no one in political agreement with you dares call you on it.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Plainly visible biases? Logmein clearly criticized BOTH the left and right equally here, while advocating a third party.
    Such is the right of any citizen. Period.

Personally, I think this shorty guy is merely a horse's *** bent on making baseless accusations whenever HIS party is criticized.

What a buffoon.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    I think it is YOU shorty who can't post without getting personal. You've demonstrated that repeatedly in this thread.

You talk about differing without disrespect yet you disrespect everyone you differ with here. I find it funny that no one in political agreement with you calls YOU on that!!.

Pfft. I think YOUR transparent argument is ridiculous.
    I think it is YOU shorty who can't post without getting personal. You've demonstrated that repeatedly in this thread.

You talk about differing without disrespect yet you disrespect everyone you differ with here. I find it funny that no one in political agreement with you calls YOU on that!!.

Pfft. I think YOUR transparent argument is ridiculous.
    And yet you still cannot get out of your own way long enough to simply move on with the subject at-hand. :shakes:

ps: The pilers-on who weren't there during previous exchanges are just so quaint.
    Shorty, if you could get out of your own way you would see that your target was attacking both sides of the aisle simultaneously, but because you can't take criticism of your own party you insist that he or she must be a republican.
    You drone on like a broken record about it, and yet now you're accusing me of not being able to talk on subject.

You've made baseless accusations in this thread, so you are being called on it.

" Ya get what ya give".
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Ah, I see. So its ok for you to pile on someone else unjustifiably here but suddenly its not kosher for others to call you on that after they've had enough of your laughable banter.

Some of us may lurk around here most of the time, but there are instances, like this one, where one just feels compelled to step in and call bull**** on another's pretentious posturings when they go on too long.
    Shorty, if you could get out of your own way you would see that your target was attacking both sides of the aisle simultaneously, but because you can't take criticism of your own party you insist that he or she must be a republican.
    You drone on like a broken record about it, and yet now you're accusing me of not being able to talk on subject.
    Up until here the thread had been pretty much on subject.

You've made baseless accusations in this thread
    Yet, you can't acount for a single one.

...so you are being called on it.
    You're not calling me on anything. You're simply whining because you have nothing of further substance to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    Ah, I see. So its ok for you to pile on someone else unjustifiably here but suddenly its not kosher for others to call you on that after they've had enough of your laughable banter.
    Not guilty.
    Wow the density here is just astonishing!

Look. You've baselessly accused logmein of thinly veiled agendas when he or she was clearly criticizing BOTH parties.

For some conspicuous reason, that simple fact is not getting through to you, and now YOU are whining because others are calling you on it.

As far as substance, when you have any to contribute, let me know.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Nonsense, shorty.

Guilty as charged. period.
    Wow the density here is just astonishing!

Look. You've baselessly accused logmein of thinly veiled agendas when he or she was clearly criticizing BOTH parties.

For some conspicuous reason, that simple fact is not getting through to you, and now YOU are whining because others are calling you on it.

As far as substance, when you have any to contribute, let me know.
    And to think this all began where I had the shear audacity to skewer logmein with this totally crude, disrespectful post.
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    Nonsense, shorty.

Guilty as charged. period.
    Given your constant name-calling, no wonder you're taken so seriously.

ps: Having fun with your whack-a-mole game?
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Given your constant name-calling, no wonder you're taken so seriously.

ps: Having fun with your whack-a-mole game?
    This is rich. You think YOU are taken seriously around here? Presumption as well as pretention! No one takes a spin meister seriously, shorty. You should know that by now.

Im having fun picking on your circus acts here, shorty, thats for sure.
    That was where you began your ridiculous insistence that logmein HAD to be a republican simply because he or she criticized YOUR party. You seem incapable of realizing the republican side was sideswiped as well.... hmmm.

So yes, that is a disrespectful and dishonest post.
    Hope your closest sock-puppet buddies here ......don't mind your hand.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Hope your closest sock-puppet buddies here ......don't mind your hand.

You know, it`s interesting how you keep bringing up the term sock-puppets. I think i understand why you use the word so frequently now. Its because your own party is filled with them. It takes one to know one, right, shorty?

Looking at the dunnocrat candidates, would the REAL sock-puppets please stand up? Hi Hillary. Hi Obama.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234