Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In todayís fast life, nothing can replace a good quality of life. It is the reason why organizations the world over are seeking a place which can provide their deserving employees, a great quality of life. A good quality of life would generally involve access to goods and services, opportunities for recreation, clean and green surroundings etc.
    It is also necessary to provide the workforce with not just high packages but also with a strong and healthy community for the economy to develop. Moreover, as the urban population grows, it becomes more and more important to conserve the existing green spaces and public utilities.

In Houston, there is an urgent need for parks and trails. Parks and trails help the people to ride bikes, hike, walk the dog, interact with families and neighbors. They also prove to be an ideal place for people to exercise. There is also a need for creating detention areas for flood water containment. These green areas serve the dual function of flood control as well as recreation.

It is to meet these needs of the city that Houstonís Quality of Life Coalition was formed. The coalition was founded by Mr. Richard Weekley of the Weekley Development Company, who is also the CEO and Chairman of the Texas for Lawsuit Reforms. The coalition works in tandem with elected officials, private citizens, organizations, and agencies to ensure adequate funding, sound planning and appropriate implementation of the agenda items.
    Houston is a turd hole. The Texas version of Detroit.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Tell us how you feel Mike

I, for one, like Houston. It is a wealthy city with a large diverse economy. I prefer it to Dallas and Atlanta.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Houston is a turd hole. The Texas version of Detroit.
    Yup -- and Dallas is where it lands to fester and stink.

I say give them Texans back to Mexico -- (but keep Austin -- and turn the land back to pasture and prairie...)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    Yup -- and Dallas is where it lands to fester and stink.

I say give them Texans back to Mexico -- (but keep Austin -- and turn the land back to pasture and prairie...)
    Iago

"Good name in man and woman, dear my lord, Is the immediate jewel of their souls: Who steals my purse steals trash . . . But he that filches from me my good name Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed."

Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation.
    - Howard Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by Iago View Post
    sorry Iago -- maybe you could move to Austin ??

My plans to make Dallas into a nuclear waste depository are too far advanced to change them now...

(and you're of course welcomed to sleep in the Lincoln bedroom, after I complete my seizure of the White House)
    Last edited by BARYE; 11/10/2007 at 01:29 AM.
    sorry Iago -- maybe you could move to Austin ??

My plans to make Dallas into a nuclear waste depository are too far advanced to change them now...

(and your of course welcomed to sleep in the Lincoln bedroom, after I complete my seizure of the White House)
    Actually I agree with you, I just wanted a reaction. Haha

I felt much more at home living in Seattle, it seemed like I was among more like minded individuals. I would love to go back there an live, if I could just figure out a way to deal with the constant overcast skies, it just wore me down.
    Iago

"Good name in man and woman, dear my lord, Is the immediate jewel of their souls: Who steals my purse steals trash . . . But he that filches from me my good name Robs me of that which not enriches him

Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation.
    - Howard Scott

I felt much more at home living in Seattle, it seemed like I was among more like minded individuals. I would love to go back there an live, if I could just figure out a way to deal with the constant overcast skies, it just wore me down.
    I spent nearly a month in Seattle -- loved it.

Biked everywhere, and it almost never rained...
    Last edited by BARYE; 11/09/2007 at 11:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I felt much more at home living in Seattle....
    Speaking of a shyte-house...LOL!

Seattle and San Francisco should be broken off and set adrift in the Pacific.
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Speaking of a shyte-house...LOL!

Seattle and San Francisco should be broken off and set adrift in the Pacific.
    Well, YOU probably would feel like a fish out of water there. Seattle may be too progressive for you. You’d probably love it here in Dallas though. Trailer park republicans are everywhere. You know the type, not smart enough to know what’s in their best interest. Always groveling and trying to curry favor with the powers that be. They come in all colors too.

I just read your earlier post. So I guess I'm not telling you anything huh? You've already experienced the high life. hahahaha
    Last edited by Iago; 11/10/2007 at 02:45 AM.
    Iago

- Howard Scott
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Well, YOU probably would feel like a fish out of water there. Seattle may be too progressive for you. You’d probably love it here in Dallas though. Trailer park republicans are everywhere. You know the type, not smart enough to know what’s in their best interest. Always groveling and trying to curry favor with the powers that be. They come in all colors too.

I just read your earlier post. So I guess I'm not telling you anything huh? You've already experienced the high life. hahahaha
    You make it sound like I've never been to Seattle.....LOL.

Yes - Seattle, land of the progressive political correctness, timidity, close-mindedness insularity and, of course, hypocrisy. To be part of the club, you must wear your Birkenstocks, carry with you a cup of 'bucks Colombia NariŮo Supremo (but don't ask them to pronounce it). You must say you are "green", even though the city has a horrible rapid transit system that consists mostly of buses whose ridership is mostly homeless people.

Perhaps BARYE has an affinity for the dump because the weather there is the climatological equivalent of waterboarding.

At least one good thing has come out of Seattle: Microsoft.

Oh wait - they're in Redmond.

Wait...wait...BOEING!

Drats!! No, they are in Everett, but apparently the muckity-mucks hated it there and ran to Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    ...Perhaps BARYE has an affinity for the dump because the weather there is the climatological equivalent of waterboarding. ...
    the good humans of Seattle -- in a matchless expression of love and loyalty to BARYE their future leader and master, stopped the rain for the duration if His visit there.

Seattle is also where most of BARYE's new Grande Armťe has been recruited.

Keep faith americans, soon your long dark nightmare will be over -- soon your liberation will be at hand...
    Last edited by BARYE; 11/10/2007 at 12:32 PM.
    Well, YOU probably would feel like a fish out of water there. Seattle may be too progressive for you. Youíd probably love it here in Dallas though. Trailer park republicans are everywhere. You know the type, not smart enough to know whatís in their best interest. Always groveling and trying to curry favor with the powers that be. They come in all colors too.

LOL, I suppose you know better what is in their best interest? Ya Seattle is a great place for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    LOL, I suppose you know better what is in their best interest? Ya Seattle is a great place for you.
    Well woof, most of the time itís pretty self evident what youíre best interest is, that is if youíre accustomed to doing your own thinking. Let me give you an example, I know people that work for the federal government who campaigned for GB. Most bought in to all that "family values" rhetoric and never stopped to think about all the rest of GBís policies, especially the one about how he loves to contract out government services. (incidentally, thatís one reason why your federal government runs like crap, but thatís another thread). Anyway, many of those people are now working for less money and benefits with fewer employees to help perform the task. Now there are other examples I could give, but suffice to say all one has to do is "THINK" woof. Thanks for the compliment woof, Seattle is a great place for thinkers. "Woof! Woof!" hahahahaha
    Iago

- Howard Scott
    Your statement implies that those people do not know what is in their best interest and that you are smart enough to do that thinking for them.

Pretty common theme from the elitists. "we're smarter and know what's best for you better than you do". Being from Washington state I know that there are many in Seattle that think this way. Based on that I thought you'd fit right in.

Contrary to what you thought, it wasn't a compliment. Maybe youre not so smart after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Your statement implies that those people do not know what is in their best interest and that you are smart enough to do that thinking for them.

Pretty common theme from the elitists. "we're smarter and know what's best for you better than you do". Being from Washington state I know that there are many in Seattle that think this way. Based on that I thought you'd fit right in.

Contrary to what you thought, it wasn't a compliment. Maybe youre not so smart after all.
    woof, woof, woof, Thatís not at all where Iím coming from. But you know, your reply reminds me of a quote I read just today.

ďA stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.Ē
    - Bertrand Russell

By the way, I knew that was not a compliment, just like I hope you know that Iím not trying to insult you.
    Iago

- Howard Scott
    woof, woof, woof, Thatís not at all where Iím coming from. But you know, your reply reminds me of a quote I read just today.

ďA stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.Ē
    - Bertrand Russell

By the way, I knew that was not a compliment, just like I hope you know that Iím not trying to insult you.
    hands down, the day's best retort !!
    hands down, the day's best retort !!

Iago

- Howard Scott
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    the good humans of Seattle -- in a matchless expression of love and loyalty to BARYE their future leader and master, stopped the rain for the duration if His visit there.

Seattle is also where most of BARYE's new Grande Armťe has been recruited.

Keep faith americans, soon your long dark nightmare will be over -- soon your liberation will be at hand...
    Did not the Grande Armťe only spend about a month in Moscou?

Truly, Houston is a pit. Suburban car culture and one of the top 10 fattest cities in the US.

Come back to Seattle. All you have to do is wrap that winter cloud blanket of angst around you and drink your coffee until the sun comes back out in the summer.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast