Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Truly, Houston is a pit. Suburban car culture and one of the top 10 fattest cities in the US.

    Come back to Seattle. All you have to do is wrap that winter cloud blanket of angst around you and drink your coffee until the sun comes back out in the summer.
    hahaha Yeah OK Maybe I will. Especially if you keep the Sonics.
    Iago

    "Good name in man and woman, dear my lord, Is the immediate jewel of their souls: Who steals my purse steals trash . . . But he that filches from me my good name Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed."


    Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation.
    - Howard Scott
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iago View Post
    hahaha Yeah OK Maybe I will. Especially if you keep the Sonics.
    With their current record, we may not want to.

  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iago View Post
    woof, woof, woof, Thatís not at all where Iím coming from. But you know, your reply reminds me of a quote I read just today.

    ďA stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.Ē
    - Bertrand Russell

    By the way, I knew that was not a compliment, just like I hope you know that Iím not trying to insult you.
    Calling me stupid now are you? How very mature.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Calling me stupid now are you? How very mature.

    AGAIN!? Youíre going to lay your ďunconscious translationĒ on me... AGAIN!? Come on now. I simply saw and used a quote that dealt with perception, interpretation and understanding. If you want to internalize that word and live up to that quote....well, I guess thatís your right. But I donít have any control over how you view the world......or yourself. Study the quote..........<sign> Tell you what, I just wonít saying anything else.
    Iago

    "Good name in man and woman, dear my lord, Is the immediate jewel of their souls: Who steals my purse steals trash . . . But he that filches from me my good name Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed."


    Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation.
    - Howard Scott
  5. gojeda's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Calling me stupid now are you? How very mature.
    Well, remember, to be a Seattleite....you must pretentiously view the rest of country (except for the other liberal bits) as insensate and redneck.
  6. #26  
    [quote=gojeda;1373921]Well, remember, to be a Seattleite....you must pretentiously view the rest of country (except for the other liberal bits) as insensate and redneck. [/quote

    Now there you go with YOUR perceptions. Why would you call this man an insensate redneck? I'm sure he's probably a fan of yours,.....or was. I see republicans cannibalizing each other isn't just happening on the national level. hahahaha
    Iago

    "Good name in man and woman, dear my lord, Is the immediate jewel of their souls: Who steals my purse steals trash . . . But he that filches from me my good name Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed."


    Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation.
    - Howard Scott
  7. gojeda's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iago View Post
    Now there you go with YOUR perceptions.
    "Trailer park republicans are everywhere. You know the type, not smart enough to know what’s in their best interest."

    ~Iago

    You sure you want to go down this road with me on "perceptions" Iaguito?
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    "Trailer park republicans are everywhere. You know the type, not smart enough to know whatís in their best interest."

    ~Iago

    You sure you want to go down this road with me on "perceptions" Iaguito?
    You can "sashay" down any road you want. But before you go.....by yourself, allow me to add the sentence that you conveniently left off.

    I said:They come in all colors too.
    Iago

    "Good name in man and woman, dear my lord, Is the immediate jewel of their souls: Who steals my purse steals trash . . . But he that filches from me my good name Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed."


    Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation.
    - Howard Scott
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iago View Post
    AGAIN!? You’re going to lay your “unconscious translation” on me... AGAIN!? Come on now. I simply saw and used a quote that dealt with perception, interpretation and understanding. If you want to internalize that word and live up to that quote....well, I guess that’s your right. But I don’t have any control over how you view the world......or yourself. Study the quote..........<sign> Tell you what, I just won’t saying anything else.
    Sorry sport, it's not an unconcious translation. I am just applying your nifty little quote to the context of our conversation. Shall we review together? Since you're the smart one in this you should have no problem keeping up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iago
    Well, YOU probably would feel like a fish out of water there. Seattle may be too progressive for you. You’d probably love it here in Dallas though. Trailer park republicans are everywhere. You know the type, not smart enough to know what’s in their best interest. Always groveling and trying to curry favor with the powers that be. They come in all colors too.
    I read this as Seattle is ahead of Dallas in it's culture and the intelligence of it's inhabitants. Dallas on the other hand is subpar and there are lots of republicans who, in your words "aren't smart enough to know what's in their best interest" and are a bunch of kiss asses. Not an unconscious translation, but an analysis of the words used to derive the meaning intended by the author. If I am wrong in my interpretation perhaps you should try words that mean what you say.

    Then we have
    Quote Originally Posted by Iago
    Well woof, most of the time it’s pretty self evident what you’re best interest is, that is if you’re accustomed to doing your own thinking.
    I am going to guess that you can provide information on the group of people that don't think for themselves (i.E names, addresses etc.) Unless I read the statement correctly and you think the "trailer park republicans" aren't accustomed to thinking for themselves. I might also might point out that what you perceive someone's "best interest" is doesn't make it so. Rather presumptuous of you to suggest, I think.


    Quote Originally Posted by Iago
    Let me give you an example, I know people that work for the federal government who campaigned for GB. Most bought in to all that "family values" rhetoric and never stopped to think about all the rest of GB’s policies, especially the one about how he loves to contract out government services. (incidentally, that’s one reason why your federal government runs like crap, but that’s another thread). Anyway, many of those people are now working for less money and benefits with fewer employees to help perform the task.
    Of course this is the first time voters have ever bought the candidates schtick and elected them
    Now there are other examples I could give, but suffice to say all one has to do is "THINK" woof. Thanks for the compliment woof, Seattle is a great place for thinkers. "Woof! Woof!" hahahahaha
    Again the implication that people aren't thinking. Again it would be nice to see your proof that people don't think. Or are you perhaps trying to say they think differently than you?

    Onward

    Quote Originally Posted by Iago
    woof, woof, woof, That’s not at all where I’m coming from. But you know, your reply reminds me of a quote I read just today.

    “A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.”
    - Bertrand Russell
    Let's see, "that's not at all where I'm coming from" suggests that you don't think I understand what you are trying to get across. (If you have another meaning that could be gleaned from this statement, please share.) Immediately followed by your Russell quote. Since your first sentence is directed at me personally and you are stating that I don't understand where youre coming from and then you reference this quote, I must interpret your meaning to suggest that I am the stupid man in the quote and you are the clever one, because you don't think I understand you.

    The only possible alternate interpretation is that you are suggesting that you don't understand what I am saying and you are indeed the stupid one referenced in the quote. I seriously doubt this however because most people dont like to call themselves stupid, especially those who like to suggest that others dont think for themselves.

    So which is it? Am I stupid or are you? Oh and please remember I’m not trying to insult you.
  10. gojeda's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iago View Post
    You can "sashay" down any road you want. But before you go.....by yourself...
    Yea - thought so. I, too, would be embarassed had I made such a startingly stupid remark. Can't blame you from sweeping that clanker under the rug.

    I said:They come in all colors too.
    Well "bravo"! Thank you for demonstrating that your offensiveness extends not only to trailer park folk, but trailer park folk of ALL colors!

    So proud you must be!
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Sorry sport, it's not an unconcious translation. I am just applying your nifty little quote to the context of our conversation. Shall we review together? Since you're the smart one in this you should have no problem keeping up.


    I read this as Seattle is ahead of Dallas in it's culture and the intelligence of it's inhabitants. Dallas on the other hand is subpar and there are lots of republicans who, in your words "aren't smart enough to know what's in their best interest" and are a bunch of kiss asses. Not an unconscious translation, but an analysis of the words used to derive the meaning intended by the author. If I am wrong in my interpretation perhaps you should try words that mean what you say.

    Then we have
    I am going to guess that you can provide information on the group of people that don't think for themselves (i.E names, addresses etc.) Unless I read the statement correctly and you think the "trailer park republicans" aren't accustomed to thinking for themselves. I might also might point out that what you perceive someone's "best interest" is doesn't make it so. Rather presumptuous of you to suggest, I think.


    Of course this is the first time voters have ever bought the candidates schtick and elected them

    Again the implication that people aren't thinking. Again it would be nice to see your proof that people don't think. Or are you perhaps trying to say they think differently than you?

    Onward

    Let's see, "that's not at all where I'm coming from" suggests that you don't think I understand what you are trying to get across. (If you have another meaning that could be gleaned from this statement, please share.) Immediately followed by your Russell quote. Since your first sentence is directed at me personally and you are stating that I don't understand where youre coming from and then you reference this quote, I must interpret your meaning to suggest that I am the stupid man in the quote and you are the clever one, because you don't think I understand you.

    The only possible alternate interpretation is that you are suggesting that you don't understand what I am saying and you are indeed the stupid one referenced in the quote. I seriously doubt this however because most people dont like to call themselves stupid, especially those who like to suggest that others dont think for themselves.

    So which is it? Am I stupid or are you? Oh and please remember I’m not trying to insult you.
    HE’S ALIVE!! (what was that movie? Frankenstein?) I suppose you think I’m calling you Frankenstein now huh? Anyway, everything you said.....every example you pointed to goes right back to the Russell quote. That’s the beauty, symmetry, and truth of it all. It was YOU who read that.....It was YOU who inferred that. I didn’t call you stupid. I don’t know you. That quote just happened to be rolling across my computer at the time of our interaction. Replace the word stupid and clever with one man and another man, it still has the same meaning to me.

    As far as the voting. You are correct in your understanding. Your proof that people don’t think is sitting in the White House woof. It’s obvious to me and 70 percent of the rest of America. You must be one of those die hard 30 percenters?

    I stand by the fact that voting for someone who will eliminate your job is not something a rational thinking person would do. Yes, people fell for the schtick, but they didn’t have too. They allowed others to do their thinking. A rational thinking person would have been more concerned with the job that puts food on his table (his interest) and not distracted by GB wrapping his azz in the flag and mangling scripture.

    I don’t feel insulted by you.
    Last edited by Iago; 11/10/2007 at 11:45 PM.
    Iago

    "Good name in man and woman, dear my lord, Is the immediate jewel of their souls: Who steals my purse steals trash . . . But he that filches from me my good name Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed."


    Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation.
    - Howard Scott
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Well, remember, to be a Seattleite....you must pretentiously view the rest of country (except for the other liberal bits) as insensate and redneck.
    Yea, I know. We're so all knowing in our view of the rest of the country:
    Biblical creation museum to rise in Kentucky in 2007


    Sigh.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by PondUmal View Post
    In today’s fast life, nothing can replace a good quality of life. It is the reason why organizations the world over are seeking a place which can provide their deserving employees, a great quality of life. A good quality of life would generally involve access to goods and services, opportunities for recreation, clean and green surroundings etc.
    It is also necessary to provide the workforce with not just high packages but also with a strong and healthy community for the economy to develop. Moreover, as the urban population grows, it becomes more and more important to conserve the existing green spaces and public utilities.

    In Houston, there is an urgent need for parks and trails. Parks and trails help the people to ride bikes, hike, walk the dog, interact with families and neighbors. They also prove to be an ideal place for people to exercise. There is also a need for creating detention areas for flood water containment. These green areas serve the dual function of flood control as well as recreation.

    It is to meet these needs of the city that Houston’s Quality of Life Coalition was formed. The coalition was founded by Mr. Richard Weekley of the Weekley Development Company, who is also the CEO and Chairman of the Texas for Lawsuit Reforms. The coalition works in tandem with elected officials, private citizens, organizations, and agencies to ensure adequate funding, sound planning and appropriate implementation of the agenda items.

    gosh Mr. PondUrinal -- when you I first saw this thread of yours about the glories of Texas' cities, I'm embarrassed to admit this -- but I was skeptical as how this topic could be an interesting one !!!

    Can you believe I felt that way ??!! Man was I wrong -- this is one of the most entertaining threads EVER !!!

    Pleassse come here more often and regale us with more tales of beautiful Houston and Dallas.

    BTW -- could you or someone else answer a question for me ?? Is it Houston or Dallas that has the most bail bondsmen per capita ??

    Thanks much !!

    BARYE
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iago View Post
    HEíS ALIVE!! (what was that movie? Frankenstein?) I suppose you think Iím calling you Frankenstein now huh? Anyway, everything you said.....every example you pointed to goes right back to the Russell quote. Thatís the beauty, symmetry, and truth of it all. It was YOU who read that.....It was YOU who inferred that. I didnít call you stupid. I donít know you. That quote just happened to be rolling across my computer at the time of our interaction. Replace the word stupid and clever with one man and another man, it still has the same meaning to me.

    As far as the voting. You are correct in your understanding. Your proof that people donít think is sitting in the White House woof. Itís obvious to me and 70 percent of the rest of America. You must be one of those die hard 30 percenters?

    I stand by the fact that voting for someone who will eliminate your job is not something a rational thinking person would do. Yes, people fell for the schtick, but they didnít have too. They allowed others to do their thinking. A rational thinking person would have been more concerned with the job that puts food on his table (his interest) and not distracted by GB wrapping his azz in the flag and mangling scripture.

    I donít feel insulted by you.
    LOL, youre funny.

    So let me get this right. No matter what words you put in a post it is really all up to me what it says. Thats great. Now youre not responsible for anything you say. Classic.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iago View Post
    I stand by the fact that voting for someone who will eliminate your job is not something a rational thinking person would do. Yes, people fell for the schtick, but they didnít have too. They allowed others to do their thinking. A rational thinking person would have been more concerned with the job that puts food on his table (his interest) and not distracted by GB wrapping his azz in the flag and mangling scripture.
    ... Or being suckered by the Used-Car Salesman gimmick of a cheezy $300 federal tax rebate check, for God's sake.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Yea - thought so. I, too, would be embarassed had I made such a startingly stupid remark. Can't blame you from sweeping that clanker under the rug.



    Well "bravo"! Thank you for demonstrating that your offensiveness extends not only to trailer park folk, but trailer park folk of ALL colors!

    So proud you must be!
    I donít know whatís so startling stupid about it. Do you feel startling stupid every time you use the word liberal? Didnít think so. You should though. You sound like Rainman sometimes.
    I didnít want to go there because I all ready know YOUR tendencies. You tend to not know when to stop. Itís always a duel to the death with you. Even when YOU get killed or stomped on.....youíre like Freddie Fíin Kruger. Iím just trying to keep you from getting banned. Youíre welcome.
    Iago

    "Good name in man and woman, dear my lord, Is the immediate jewel of their souls: Who steals my purse steals trash . . . But he that filches from me my good name Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed."


    Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation.
    - Howard Scott
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Did not the Grande Armťe only spend about a month in Moscou?
    O.K. -- first of all it wasn't my fault -- nobody anticipated or could have anticipated that it would have gotten cold in Russia.

    All the experts I consulted with predicted that the weather would be fine. Who could have predicted that the russians would have been such savages as to attack us using a WMD ??? Who would have imagined using the weather as a weapon ???

    And despite the libelous gossip by some "journalists", I assure you that I was never shown any memo that warned me otherwise.

    My National Security Advisor Connie Husk confirms this.

    She would have gladly have testified on my behalf -- had they not insisted that she do so under oath or not demanded that a transcript be recorded. Were they at all interested in learning the real truth, they certainly would not have played these gotcha games.

    In any event, I have learnt from my mistakes. I have studied the military campaigns of my colleagues President junior and Herr Hitler. I have I think, assimilated where they, and I, went wrong.

    You see conquering is the easy part.

    I understand now that vanquishing your enemy and occupying their capitol is only the 1st step -- aggressive voluntary wars of choice are really won before the first shots are fired.

    That’s why I have been taking my time -- preparation is key.

    Its why I have laid low and waited -- waited and watched as junior has sent more and more of his army to wage war far from home -- watched as he systematically ground up and destroyed that once mighty force.

    When I march into Washington I can promise you that I will not repeat the mistakes that junior made when he went to Bagdad. I will see to it that our most important mission when first our boots pound the streets of Washington will be to win the hearts and minds of its citizens.

    To that end I have instructed my staff to ensure that each and every american be provided on day one a brand new free Apple Iphone -- with unlimited data -- for only $20 per month.

    My future subjects: await your liberation, await your Leader !!
    Last edited by BARYE; 11/11/2007 at 12:49 PM. Reason: fixed many typos
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    LOL, youre funny.

    So let me get this right. No matter what words you put in a post it is really all up to me what it says.
    Thatís about the size of it. I mean think about our judicial system and the rules of evidence for a second, The rules of evidence would not attach responsibility to me for how you see and interpret something.

    If you were on trial for something, you wouldnít want someone elseís testamentary infirmity, that is someone elseís sense of hearing, someone elseís sense of sight, someone elseís sense of interpretation to send you to jail would you? First hand knowledge is the rule, which is why so much evidence gets excluded. And by the way, why eyewitness identification is so problematic.

    Now lets go back to what was actually said. My exact words were:

    "You know the type, not smart enough to know whatís in their best interest."

    Now that sentence went through your lense,(could have just as easily been some other sense such as hearing) where it was colored and filtered (by your lifeís experiences and how you view the world) then processed by your brain, then transmitted from your brain to your finger tips and came out as:

    "Your statement implies that those people do not know what is in their best interest and that you are smart enough to do that thinking for them."

    Which is not what I said or meant.

    Another equally valid interpretation and the one I actually said was:

    "Well woof, most of the time itís pretty self evident what youíre best interest is, that is if youíre accustomed to doing your own thinking.

    As you can see your statement did not come from me, Itís how YOU viewed what I said. I never advocated doing someone else's thinking.

    Hence my use of the Russell quote.

    Yeah it is Classic.
    Iago

    "Good name in man and woman, dear my lord, Is the immediate jewel of their souls: Who steals my purse steals trash . . . But he that filches from me my good name Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed."


    Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation.
    - Howard Scott
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    To that end I have instructed my staff to ensure that each and every american be provided on day one a brand new free Apple Iphone -- with unlimited data -- for only $20 per month.

    My future subjects: await your liberation, await your Leader !!
    Hahahaha This would definitely garner a lot of votes. In fact, If you were a republican, you'd probably get more votes then Mitt would in the general election. hahahaha
    Iago

    "Good name in man and woman, dear my lord, Is the immediate jewel of their souls: Who steals my purse steals trash . . . But he that filches from me my good name Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed."


    Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation.
    - Howard Scott
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iago View Post
    Thatís about the size of it. I mean think about our judicial system and the rules of evidence for a second, The rules of evidence would not attach responsibility to me for how you see and interpret something.

    If you were on trial for something, you wouldnít want someone elseís testamentary infirmity, that is someone elseís sense of hearing, someone elseís sense of sight, someone elseís sense of interpretation to send you to jail would you? First hand knowledge is the rule, which is why so much evidence gets excluded. And by the way, why eyewitness identification is so problematic.

    Now lets go back to what was actually said. My exact words were:

    "You know the type, not smart enough to know whatís in their best interest."

    Now that sentence went through your lense,(could have just as easily been some other sense such as hearing) where it was colored and filtered (by your lifeís experiences and how you view the world) then processed by your brain, then transmitted from your brain to your finger tips and came out as:

    "Your statement implies that those people do not know what is in their best interest and that you are smart enough to do that thinking for them."

    Which is not what I said or meant.

    Another equally valid interpretation and the one I actually said was:

    "Well woof, most of the time itís pretty self evident what youíre best interest is, that is if youíre accustomed to doing your own thinking.

    As you can see your statement did not come from me, Itís how YOU viewed what I said. I never advocated doing someone else's thinking.

    Hence my use of the Russell quote.

    Yeah it is Classic.
    Cute. So I guess you arent saying anything then. So why are you here?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions