1.    #1  
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    I think if someone actually took responsibility for his actions (or the actions of his daughter, in this case) without "passing the buck", I would keel from a myocardal infarction induced by shock.

Moral of the story: disable text messaging to C-Y-A.
    Yep, this absolutely sucks, but I agree that he should not be pointing fingers. If she is "developmentally disabled", he should have paid better attention.

Now, gotta go check my Sprint bill (I have a 15yr old daughter).....
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    5000 text messages, at $2, would give you that $10K bill. The thing is the article mentioned, IIRC, that some of the SMS messages were of the $1 variety.

So this girl must have done well over 5000 messages in that month timeframe, but let us just keep it at 5000 messages for the sake of simplicty - that is still ~166 messages a day.

If I see someone SMSing 166 times a day, I am going to Baker Act them....LMAO!

I notice that this MSN blog deals with commercials scams and "sneakiness". Sorry - there was nothing sneaky here. Sprint provides a service. It is not a policing agency. And Sprint was ultra generous here by offering to cut the bill by 50%.