1.    #1  
    Engadget has an interesting side by side comparison of the two operating systems. Thought it was worth a thread..

mobile.engadget.com/2007/10/27/leopard-vs-vista-feature-chart-showdown/
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Biased, of course, but expected since we are talking about Engadget after all.
    Considering OSX is built on a much more powerful and stable OS (FreeBSD), Leopard will have the upper hand. Of course Microsoft has taken many aspects from unix based OS's but nowhere near what Apple has done.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I'd say that comparison was ok, although they were incorrect on Search in Vista not beaign boolean I think Vista actually has an edge in this area, but Leopard is good too.

The interesting point is that many of Vista's "weaknesses" can be directly tied to anti-trust and breakup stuff.

Make Apple split itself up and not include the iApps and Leopard would be weaker.

That said, different strokes for different folks. I have both, and they have their strong points.
    "Considering OSX is built on a much more powerful and stable OS (FreeBSD), Leopard will have the upper hand. Of course Microsoft has taken many aspects from unix based OS's but nowhere near what Apple has done."

That's a pretty unthinking statement. Which of Leopard's touted features depend on its BSD kernel?

Surur
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I would expect that if an operating system (OS X) was designed to be run on hardware from one manufacturer (Apple), within a (very) limited set of configuration and peripheral options, I would expect to see an edge in stability with less crashes.

Some OSes do not have that luxury, though, so these kinds of comparos need to be taken in context.