Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    We live in a Country named America that has sold itself to are enemies being free trade with no restriction to keep are next generation and future in tact
    So, in other words, we should be blaming ourselves. This sentiment leads me back to the original premise in your thread.

If we should be blaming ourselves, then why are you blaming illegal immigrants?

Rather than according blame, perhaps we should be talking about what can be done to ease the immigration issues facing the country.

I am still not convinced, by the way, about your sentiment of a lack of "good paying jobs" either. Labor statistics and economic indicators do not really bear that out.

But if you have the raw data, please let us have it. I am rather curious myself.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Isn't this the ramblings of a former MIT student back in 2001?

Do you have any opinions of your own or do you plan to post more 50 page articles written by others to articulate your "independent view" that both sides are to blame?

I had high hopes for you sling. But it seems to me you're heading down that slippery slope of trolling rather than conversing.
    I will post articles....You can disagree with them
    I will post articles....You can disagree with them
    At least identify the source of the article. And I don't necessarily agree or disagree with the articles. My issue is your use of rhetoric. You blame both parties yet go on to blame the Dems over and over again. So again, which is it?
    Last edited by moderateinny; 10/14/2007 at 11:34 AM.
  4.    #44  
    hehe I posted one article without a source me so sorry lol
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7&postcount=37.
    I will dig up source when I get back to PC...I'm mobile
    hehe I posted one article without a source me so sorry lol
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7&postcount=37.
    I will dig up source when I get back to PC...I'm mobile
    Or here is an idea - why don't you respond to my post #27 and then gojedas post #41 on your own opinion rather than with obscure op-eds and rhetoric.
  6.    #46  
    Or here is an idea - why don't you respond to my post #27 and then gojedas post #41 on your own opinion rather than with obscure op-eds and rhetoric.
    poor (Rat) lol lol It,s good to see you concerned with gojeda getting his answer.Dont worry I wont let you down.
  7.    #47  
    Moderateinny Why high jack a thread questioning me for post articles and adding my thoughts on this subject and add to this conversion .
    Explain how the Dems have nothing to do with the current free trade agreement .You seem pretty smart and I would love as many to hear you profound answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox
    The Chinese would take Clinton and Gore back in a heartbeat as well.They were best friends as seen in the signing of the free Trade agreement under Clinton's watch....Why keep jobs in America brain fart.With Hillary in Control they can start plucking stars off the flag and government can take care of us all with are national ID card.What a party it will be....I feel safe now.
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Sling, on the political front, I think you're casting guilt where it does not belong where it comes to China and the US.

What began under Reagan in 1985, the trade deficit with China has more than tripled from 2000 thru 2006. The US debt held by China only continues to fuel the national debt horror we face which was 64% of GDP in 2006.

Source: http://www.treas.gov/tic/external-debt.html
    Why doesn't he leave the Op-Ed pieces behind and present his own ideas and thoughtful opinions? Because this is what happens when he's left to opine on his own, Moderateinny.
    I had hoped this thread was going to be substantive and interesting. At least it started out that way. Republicans.....always talking out of both sides of their mouths.
    Iago

"Good name in man and woman, dear my lord, Is the immediate jewel of their souls: Who steals my purse steals trash . . . But he that filches from me my good name Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed."

Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation.
    - Howard Scott
  10.    #50  
    hmm..I find it odd that I'm the only one that was posting Articles that have to do with off shore Trade and giving both party's the negtive.I get jumped by two kids named..lifes2short && moderateinny for hurting there feelings talking bad about the dems.
    They bring nothing to the table what so ever.All of there post are put down to me because I hold there Party as well as mine resposible.If thats double talking I guess that me.Now I will Cry...
  11.    #51  
    Why doesn't he leave the Op-Ed pieces behind and present his own ideas and thoughtful opinions? Because this is what happens when he's left to opine on his own, Moderateinny.
    They would take Clinton and Gore in a heartbeat.Im sorry If hurt your feelings but facts are facts.If you take a look back in history wise one you would know why
    Or better yet Why don't you tell me What Clinton and Gore Accomplished with China......(RAT) feel free to help him out with his answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iago View Post
    I had hoped this thread was going to be substantive and interesting. At least it started out that way. Republicans.....always talking out of both sides of their mouths.
    Actually I should give credit where credit is due - I think gojeda is keeping things above the fray thus far in this thread and has raised some interesting points.

But sling seems to be trolling more than conversing.
    Since the Democrats started all this evil {regardless of the fact that the trade deficit with China began under Reagan in 1985}, what was the name and date of this mysterious US Free Trade Agreement President Clinton signed with China as you state here:

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox
    The Chinese would take Clinton and Gore back in a heartbeat as well.They were best friends as seen in the signing of the free Trade agreement under Clinton's watch
  14.    #54  
    At least identify the source of the article. And I don't necessarily agree or disagree with the articles. My issue is your use of rhetoric. You blame both parties yet go on to blame the Dems over and over again. So again, which is it?
    Gifted you are.I will put it in very very very easy terms for you.
    Once upon a time there was a president named Ronald Reagan .The economy was tanking something fierce from the carter administration and he gave a few jump starts here and there but the one in my opinion that made the most difference was Trade with Japan.This was great hope for are economy and it did give the jump start that was much needed with restriction .Then there was a President named George Bush Sen.He was pretty lame in my opinion not doing much for america of the exception of knocking Iraq into next week but not quiet getting the job done and the economy was tanking and trade was at a low.Then there was a president named Bill Clinton.He was a very smart man to say the least with the Internet boom being his center peace for succsee.He was cool enough to support the Free Trade Agreement and was very happy to Get close to the money being the Chinese and struck deals left and right.Then president George Bush jr came to save us with lies and more lies.The border falls apart,Free Trade with no restriction and a war with no end so it seems.
    And here we are
    The End
  15.    #55  
    Since the Democrats started all this evil {regardless of the fact that the trade deficit with China began under Reagan in 1985}, what was the name and date of this mysterious US Free Trade Agreement President Clinton signed with China as you state here:
    Reagon never touched China.He played Ball with Japan.Were do you get your history facts from.Please show them to me.
    Gifted you are.I will put it in very very very easy terms for you.
    Once upon a time there was a president named Ronald Reagan .The economy was tanking something fierce from the carter administration and he gave a few jump starts here and there but the one in my opinion that made the most difference was Trade with Japan.This was great hope for are economy and it did give the jump start that was much needed with restriction .Then there was a President named George Bush Sen.He was pretty lame in my opinion not doing much for america of the exception of knocking Iraq into next week but not quiet getting the job done and the economy was tanking and trade was at a low.Then there was a president named Bill Clinton.He was a very smart man to say the least with the Internet boom being his center peace for succsee.He was cool enough to support the Free Trade Agreement and was very happy to Get close to the money being the Chinese and struck deals left and right.Then president George Bush jr came to save us with lies and more lies.The border falls apart,Free Trade with no restriction and a war with no end so it seems.
    And here we are
    The End
    Well at least you've articulated a more moderate view point.

Riddled with rhetoric from both sides I fear...

So on to the "what do we do about it?" Do you have specific ideas for solving the problem(s)?
  17.    #57  
    Well at least you've articulated a more moderate view point.

Riddled with rhetoric from both sides I fear...

So on to the "what do we do about it?" Do you have specific ideas for solving the problem(s)?
    Your stretchingYou guys are jumping like no tomorrow and I'm blaming both parties..I just don't get it.If someone say the name Clinton in the negative you guys go into attack mode lol
    You dems need to get a grip lol
    Reagon never touched China.He played Ball with Japan.Were do you get your history facts from.
    Ummm. The US government? To the tune of $6B! http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/...5700.html#1985

And again, what was the name and date of this mysterious US Free Trade Agreement President Clinton signed with China? You're so emphatic about this, certainly you have these simple answers.
  19.    #59  
    Ummm. The US government? To the tune of $6B! http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/...5700.html#1985

And again, what was the name and date of this mysterious US Free Trade Agreement President Clinton signed with China? You're so emphatic about this, certainly you have these simple answers.
    How about this 2short.You give some constructive information on your party and what they helped do to get are country in this free trade mess were in then I will post the article source lol...don't let me down.I want truths not half truths.
    Good luck with your mission
    Dont forget to post your link with Clinton years trading numbers as well.There is 2 sides to ever coin
    opps lol I found it
    When you attached link you had the page scrolled down to 1985 not 1992
    Last edited by slingbox; 10/14/2007 at 01:07 PM.
  20.    #60  
    2short come back ...I need you take on how the Dems helped contribute to the current Trade issue we are faced with and Damn those current numbers make me sick!!!!!!!
    Last edited by slingbox; 10/14/2007 at 01:08 PM.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast