Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Well somebody has to pull you up from your $hitkickers and help you to see you for what you really are.
    Unfortunately, no one here is able to reach that low. Guess he'll just have to be flushed.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Unfortunately, no one here is able to reach that low. Guess he'll just have to be flushed.
    Shortie and Modboy are the key to really get a grasp of who I am!

What was that about polluting the thread again Shortie?
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Shortie and Modboy are the key to really get a grasp of who I am!

What was that about polluting the thread again Shortie?
    Any who have had the pleasure of bumping into one of your posts are perfectly clear about the intellectual honesty and personal integrity of your contributions.
  4.    #44  
    Any who have had the pleasure of bumping into one of your posts are perfectly clear about the intellectual honesty and personal integrity of your contributions.
    Since you insist on dragging me back into this neo, I'll just echo a statement you've one made to me - you're not as mysterious as you think you are. What is baffling to me though is that someone with your "pedigree" could be so narrow-minded and hostile toward those with opposing views. Me thinks somebody got their lunch money stolen once too many times when he was a boy...which wasn’t that long ago, now was it?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    You're not as mysterious as you think you are.
    This coming from a liberal who fancies himself a centrist.

What is baffling to me though is that someone with your "pedigree" could be so narrow-minded and hostile toward those with opposing views.
    This is rich irony.

Tell me, does this sound familiar to you?

"You're such a pompous a$$."

That was just one instance where you could not compete on content, so you had to resort to name calling.

Challenging, questioning, and supporting views on various topics is not hostile. Petty name calling and ad-hominem attacks against the person you are conversing with, aside from a sure sign of desperation, reflects poorly on you as a person.

You can take the low road if you'd like. I'll stick to talking about the issues, thanks.
    Last edited by gojeda; 10/13/2007 at 01:08 PM.
    That was just one instance where you can't compete on content, so you resort to name calling.

Challenging, questioning, and supporting views on various topics is not hostile. Petty name calling and ad-hominem attacks against the person you are conversing with, aside from a sure sign of desperation, reflects poorly on you as a person.

You can take the low road if you'd like. I'll stick to talking about the issues, thanks.
    As you made perfectly clear with the very first words you chose to post into Off Topic:

Barye - you aren't related to that other tin-foil hat hatemonger Paul Krugman by any chance, are you?
    Clearly, one is not required to lean to the left in order for the tinfoil hat to fit.

Hypocrit ..... Thy name is gojeda.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    As you made perfectly clear with the very first words you chose to post into Off Topic:

Clearly, one is not required to lean to the left in order for the tinfoil hat to fit.

Hypocrit ..... Thy name is gojeda.
    The first, and only time, I've used such language against someone in the forum and to think that I was not nearly as disresectful as what you have said previously.

Let us take a walk down memory lane, shall we?

"At least not when asked by an internet clown."
    "It's a self-entertained internet clown. Let it die a death which is appropriate."

Then there are the instances where you played the race/ethnic card:

".....he starts to sound a bit like some of the mexi-phobics, insecure and easily threatened."
    "....Let me get this straight, Guido"

and, of course, your participation as part of the cabal alledging racism in "If the election was today.." thread.

Shortie, you have an illustrious reputation on this forum that should clearly serve as an example to all. Perhaps a Nobel Peace Prize is in your future as well. Congratulations.
    Last edited by gojeda; 10/13/2007 at 02:03 PM.
    The first, and only time, I've used such language against someone in the forum and to think that I was not nearly as disresectful as what you have said previously.

Let us take a walk down memory lane, shall we?

"At least not when asked by an internet clown."
    "It's a self-entertained internet clown. Let it die a death which is appropriate."

Then there are the instances where you played the race/ethnic card:

".....he starts to sound a bit like some of the mexi-phobics, insecure and easily threatened."
    "....Let me get this straight, Guido"

and, of course, your participation as part of the cabal alledging racism in "If the election was today.." thread.

Shortie, you have an illustrious reputation on this forum that should clearly serve as an example to all. Perhaps a Nobel Peace Prize is in your future as well. Congratulations.
    Taking quotes out of context is just so you, gojeda. As for memory lane and the complete record, it's not as if anyone could just look up http://discussion.treocentral.com/se...nduser&u=64682 to find each and every one of your arrogant, insulting, belittling, vile posts since you began polluting this forum. But, one can dream.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Taking quotes out of context is just so you, gojeda.
    Ahh yes, the standard "taking quotes out of context" excuse.

As for memory lane and the complete record, it's not as if anyone could just look up http://discussion.treocentral.com/se...nduser&u=64682 to find each and every one of your arrogant, insulting, belittling, vile posts since you began polluting this forum. But, one can dream.
    I invite people to read my posts and make the conclusions for themselves. The record is there for all to see.

The same record also shows that you have some major issues with differences of opinion as well.
    Ahh yes, the standard "taking quotes out of context" excuse.

I invite people to read my posts and make the conclusions for themselves. The record is there for all to see.

The same record also shows that you have some major issues with differences of opinion as well.
    If you showed any integrity or dignity anywhere in this section of the forum, whatsoever, you wouldn't be having your 'problems'. Clearly, this is exactly how you want it, yet your modus operandi is to cry 'victim' when you create your own issues by making sideswiping insulting remarks and anyone has the unmitigated gall to call you on it.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    If you showed any integrity or dignity anywhere in this section of the forum, whatsoever, you wouldn't be having your 'problems'.
    The only ones who seem to have a problem with me are you and Modboy.

And Modboy doesn't strike me to be embittered like you are. Certainly BARYE and a few others have managed to keep the dialogue above board.

Your ulcer, not mine.

Clearly, this is exactly how you want it, yet your modus operandi is to cry 'victim' when you create your own issues by making sideswiping insulting remarks and anyone has the unmitigated gall to call you on it.
    A difference of opinion is not a sidewiping insult. Calling someone "guido" and playing the race card is, in fact, quite insulting.
    gojeda I have no problem with you.Debate me and I will win...Well on a couple topics
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    gojeda I have no problem with you.
    Watch it...you might get yourself branded as a sympathizer.
    A difference of opinion is not a sidewiping insult. Calling someone "guido" and playing the race card is, in fact, quite insulting.
    Only to a buck-a-million Lee Atwater-wannabe.

Atwater: "You start out in 1954 by saying, '******, ******, ******.' By 1968 you can't say '******' - that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites."
    The only ones who seem to have a problem with me are you and Modboy.

And Modboy doesn't strike me to be embittered like you are. Certainly BARYE and a few others have managed to keep the dialogue above board.
    Despite your best attempts to provoke and instigate insults and personal attacks, such as: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=151 Pardon me for having the unmitigated gall for recognizing you for what you are. Something not worth further discussion. Do not address me again.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Despite your best attempts to provoke and instigate insults and personal attacks, such as: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=151 Pardon me for having the unmitigated gall for recognizing you for what you are. Something not worth further discussion. Do not address me again.
    So you want me to ignore you instead? LOL!

I was having a bit of fun at Iago's expense for his faux pas over the words marshall and martial....after he took a stab at me for my use of the word "napkin". One good poke deserves another, after all.

Shortie, you need to get over yourself mate.
    jogeda, lifes2short for your chronic, tasteless pomposity contained in your every post. Goodbye.
    Here is a reaction from the top general in Turkey to this Pelosi lead movement. To be honest, the only two real possible possibilities I can see for pushing this issue so hard at this specific time, is one a sincere desire to bring a token or recognition to those victims from 90 years ago...but why the timing of it when Turkey is currently responsible for our major part of supply lines to our troops that are currently in the field in Iraq? Which leads to the possibility of a second motivation....Is this playing politics to force a troop withdrawal by trying to limit or eliminate the major supply routes to our troops engaged in active combat?

Basically is this article showing her actions may affect the support giving to the troops in the field viewed as good news by Pelosi or bad news for the troops? I would think that if she sees it as bad news for the troops that she would still pursue the issue but not until the actions may not jeopardize this vital supply line.

I am not against this action and I personally do not think this is a bad action to take, but I am against the timing of it. It is not worth risking the vital supplies that our troops need. t is not worth the number one source of troop withdrawal if needed immediately from Iraq. I would even compromise saying that this is an issue that we will need to address in the future and follow thru with it after our troops are out of harms way.

Turkish general: U.S. 'shot its own foot'
    Official warns of irreversible damage if Congress passes genocide resolution

ISTANBUL, Turkey - Turkey's top general warned that ties with the U.S., already strained by attacks from rebels hiding in Iraq, will be irreversibly damaged if Congress passes a resolution that labels the World War I-era killings of Armenians a genocide.

Turkey, which is a major cargo hub for U.S. and allied military forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, has recalled its ambassador to Washington for consultations and warned that there might be a cut in the logistical support to the U.S. over the issue.

"If this resolution passed in the committee passes the House as well, our military ties with the U.S. will never be the same again," Buyukanit was quoted as saying by Milliyet.

"I'm the military chief, I deal with security issues. I'm not a politician," Buyukanit was quoted as saying by Milliyet. "In this regard, the U.S. shot its own foot."

President Bush has said the resolution is the wrong response to the Armenian deaths, but House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said the measure's timing was important "because many of the survivors are very old."

FULL STORY
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 10/14/2007 at 02:59 PM.
    [QUOTE=HobbesIsReal;1359490]....Is this playing politics to force a troop withdrawal by trying to limit or eliminate the major supply routes to our troops engaged in active combat?

To me, this is exectly what she's doing. I'm all for setting the record straight....but this? .......So obvious. The Dems. don't have the guts to pull the plug on funding, so they come up with this move.
    Iago

"Good name in man and woman, dear my lord, Is the immediate jewel of their souls: Who steals my purse steals trash . . . But he that filches from me my good name Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed."

Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation.
    - Howard Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by Iago View Post
    To me, this is exectly what she's doing. I'm all for setting the record straight....but this? .......So obvious. The Dems. don't have the guts to pull the plug on funding, so they come up with this move.
    Taken alone, I would have to agree with you. However, it's my belief that congressional leaders have plans, which include measures such as this, to begin building the diplomatic bridges which have been destroyed over the past several years. The Azerbaijani president, Geidar Aliyev, who initially pledged to do "whatever it takes" to support a war on terror, was shown to have close ties with Al Queda and with his son, Ilham Aliyev 'selected' as the new president, not much has changed except how many more millions the US sends their Secret Police. Azerbaijan maintains very tense relations with Armenia, and Armenia has consistently been a genuine asset in this war. In my estimation, Congress is just beginning to understand and take appropriate actions to treat this war as a chess match versus the checkers game that has been played for 6 years.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    I am not against this action and I personally do not think this is a bad action to take, but I am against the timing of it. It is not worth risking the vital supplies that our troops need. t is not worth the number one source of troop withdrawal if needed immediately from Iraq. I would even compromise saying that this is an issue that we will need to address in the future and follow thru with it after our troops are out of harms way.
    My sentiments exactly. Why now? Truly bizarre (to be polite) move on Pelosi's part. Ill-timed and ill-conceived. I think even the more liberal of liberals (e.g. Bill Maher) are mystified about this one.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast