Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    sling, Gore won't run because Hillary has too much momentum right now. I don't think Gore feels all that much loyalty to the Clintons - but he won't run unless he knows he can win this time. Personally, I think he'd beat her like a drum. But I don't think he'll risk it with her in the race.
    hmm Hillary is very scary President material without a dought.This Country will be in bigger trouble then its currently in f,sure

BTW - I'd take Gore/Clinton any day over what we have today. You didn't actually expect me to agree with you entirely, now did you?
    The Chinese would take Clinton and Gore back in a heartbeat as well.They were best friends as seen in the signing of the free Trade agreement under Clinton's watch....Why keep jobs in America brain fart.With Hillary in Control they can start plucking stars off the flag and government can take care of us all with are national ID card.What a party it will be....I feel safe now.
    Last edited by slingbox; 10/12/2007 at 05:57 PM. Reason: edit...The/They
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    hmm Hillary is very scary President material without a dought.This Country will be in bigger trouble then its currently in f,sure

The Chinese would take Clinton and Gore back in a heartbeat as well.They were best friends as seen in the signing of the free Trade agreement under Clinton's watch....Why keep jobs in America brain fart.With Hillary in Control they can start plucking stars off the flag and government can take care of us all with are national ID card.What a party it will be....I feel safe now.
    Ummm..OK. And what has Bush done in 6 years to correct this? I don't think the exportation of American jobs is unique to the Dems by any stretch. In fact, I don't blame either party entirely given there are many other variables to this problem that you are unintenionally ignoring.

I think I'll pass on the rest of your comments and let them stand for others to interpret. I have to catch a plane tomorrow and its midnight here in London. In fact, I'll politely ask you to start a new thread about free trade agreements and American jobs going over seas as its probably worthly of a thread unto itself rather than here in a Noble Peace Prize thread.
    Ummm..OK. And what has Bush done in 6 years to correct this? I don't think the exportation of American jobs is unique to the Dems by any stretch. In fact, I don't blame either party entirely given there are many other variables to this problem that you are unintenionally ignoring. .
    No No No....I'm not saying it's all dems fault or the Rep.Both party's have contributed to current problems The USA is faced with.what I'm saying is Hillary will not be a Fix....She will make it worse.

I think I'll pass on the rest of your comments and let them stand for others to interpret. I have to catch a plane tomorrow and its midnight here in London. In fact, I'll politely ask you to start a new thread about free trade agreements and American jobs going over seas as its probably worthly of a thread unto itself rather than here in a Noble Peace Prize thread.
    Sounds good.debat at some point this weekend if time permits
    The winning ticket for Democrats is the one that doesn't exist - Gore/Obama.

That could win.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    The winning ticket for Democrats is the one that doesn't exist - Gore/Obama.

That could win.
    Obama would never accept being VEEP.
    I received a personal message from Mr. Gore today:

Dear pdxtreo,

I am deeply honored to receive the Nobel Peace Prize. This award is even more meaningful because I have the honor of sharing it with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change--the world's pre-eminent scientific body devoted to improving our understanding of the climate crisis--a group whose members have worked tirelessly and selflessly for many years.

We face a true planetary emergency. The climate crisis is not a political issue, it is a moral and spiritual challenge to all of humanity. It is also our greatest opportunity to lift global consciousness to a higher level.

My wife, Tipper, and I will donate 100 percent of the proceeds of the award to the Alliance for Climate Protection, a bipartisan non-profit organization that is devoted to changing public opinion in the U.S. and around the world about the urgency of solving the climate crisis.

Thank you,

Al Gore
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Apple has a tribute to Al Gore on its home page today.

http://www.apple.com/
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Interesting that this op-ed appeared, of all places, in the Boston Globe:

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/edi...t_peace_prize/
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Interesting that this op-ed appeared, of all places, in the Boston Globe:

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/edi...t_peace_prize/
    Interesting background on the author, should anyone care for a little context to which this op-ed was written.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bj%C3%B8rn_Lomborg

You do realize he isn't a scientist, don't you? Doesn't that undermine his credibility based on previous statements you've made as to who is qualified to answer the questions surrounding global warming?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    You do realize he isn't a scientist, don't you?
    Indeed, yes I knew that, in which case he brings as much to the table as, say, an Algore?

Doesn't that undermine his credibility based on previous statements you've made as to who is qualified to answer the questions surrounding global warming?
    I believe I specifically qualified the piece as an op-ed and not as some scientific study....correct?

The only reason why I bothered to mention it, aside from the timeliness of the article, was the fact that it appeared in the ultra-liberal Boston Globe.

Nothing more, nothing less....
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    The only reason why I bothered to mention it, aside from the timeliness of the article, was the fact that it appeared in the ultra-liberal Boston Globe.

Nothing more, nothing less....
    Of course. Thank you for clarifying.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123