1.    #1  
    is the best browser I've ever used. I got the idea to hunt it down from this thread (thanks, homer), and I've found it to be the quite nice. It's rather buggy (no way to delete bookmarks on a mac ? with Windows you have to right-click/delete, but that option doesn't come up when you control-click and so on), but all in all I find it to be everything Netscape should've been. Not to mention the startup screen is cooler than either of the other two big boys'.

Last edited by dick-richardson; 05/27/2001 at 09:47 PM.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Wasn't I the one who sugguested Mozilla? Oh well, I guess it wasn't. If you think Mozilla is awesome, you should try OmniWeb. It's not as reliable as I'd like it to be, but it is superior to every other browser on the planet. It's lightning fast, ultra-chic, it's integrated enough to become the OFFICIAL browser of Mac OSX, and, the company that makes it (Omni Group) is not afraid to bash the hell outta Micrsoft.

It's about time!

Plus, I had trouble with NS plugin suport with Mozilla.... has anyone else? Oh well, at least OmniWeb supports most plug-ins.
    <b><font size=1 color=teal>"Sorry about the whole thing about losing your life savings, but that Palmpilot is property of Enron, so please give it back"
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by bblue
    ...Plus, I had trouble with NS plugin suport with Mozilla.... has anyone else? Oh well, at least OmniWeb supports most plug-ins.
    So does Mozilla. You just need to copy everything in the plug-ins folder from Netscape into the plug-ins folder for Mozilla. The only problem I've had with plug-ins is from the attachment I added in the edge forum (http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...threadid=15293). When I click it the following window pops up.

Any one with ideas on how to add a plug-in that would work?
    Last edited by dick-richardson; 05/27/2001 at 09:48 PM.
    -Joshua
    I've never heard of the pjpeg mime type. What site were you encountering that at?

BTW, Netscape 6 is Mozilla with a different shell. The only difference is that Mozilla is getting updates constantly, while Netscape 6 will probably stuck where it is at for quite awhile.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by homer
    I've never heard of the pjpeg mime type. What site were you encountering that at?
    Here. I got that when I tried to view an attachment I added to the 'edge hurting itself' thread in the edge forum.

BTW, Netscape 6 is Mozilla with a different shell. The only difference is that Mozilla is getting updates constantly, while Netscape 6 will probably stuck where it is at for quite awhile.
    I knew Netscape sprang from Mozilla. I wasn't aware they were getting back to their roots, so to speak.
    -Joshua
    Did you give the file the extension of "pjpeg"?

That may be your problem.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by homer
    Did you give the file the extension of "pjpeg"?

That may be your problem.
    I don't think so, but I deleted it after I attached it so I can't be sure.
    -Joshua
    I tried Mozilla on Windows back in the .7 days but it was way to buggy to use. If you're using Mac OS X I also recommend giving Omniweb a try. It's my primary Browser.

I keep meaning to try Fizzilla (Moz on OS X) but can never find the download location.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Welcome back JAmes

.7 days? help? what does that mean? the dyas that you had your Vsr Dlx, and has to use the .7 to change to rechargable batteris? help!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Originally posted by miradu2000
    Welcome back JAmes

.7 days? help? what does that mean? the dyas that you had your Vsr Dlx, and has to use the .7 to change to rechargable batteris? help!
    Tsk, Tsk. .7 aka Milestone 7 was the version number of Mozilla at the time. I think it is at .9 right now.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Originally posted by miradu2000
    .7 days? help? what does that mean?
    And in case James' explanation didn't help, what release numbers come before a 1.0 release of software (.1, .2, .3, etc.).
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...