1.    #1  
    I was going to buy some screen protectors but I decided to put the money into some tacos. I bought my tacos and was happy. But what about my visor? I decided to buy some transparencies with my change and cut them to size. I only have it over the graffiti area because that's all I am worried about scratching. I have it tucked in there and it stays in place but can this hurt my visor? Should I have gone without tacos?
    Last edited by gorrak; 05/27/2001 at 02:47 AM.
    1 out of every 3 baby ducklings are born without the protective membrane on the bottom of their webbed feet that enables them to survive in the water because of acid rain.
    1 out of 5 are born without heads.
    You can't make this stuff up... or can you?
    It depends on where you got you're tacos, and if they were good ones or not. If they tasted good, then I would say that you made the right choice, but if they were bad ones, then you should have gone all out, and gotten vinal for the entire screen.

BEN
    Don't worry.. You meade the right choice, because you decided, wihtout pressures from others.. good for you!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    I bought a pack of 20 or 25 sheets of 8x10 transparencies for $3.99 a few years back that I'm still using, and I cover the full screen w/them.
    "Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds." -- Albert Einstein
    An easy and cheap way to protect your Graffiti writing area: Use Scotch Magic tape, the wide version, the type that comes in the package with the green plaid design. It's just the right size to fill up the Graffiti area, each strip will last at least a few weeks, and it provides a more "firm" feel when you write, like writing on paper.

Then sit back and congratulate yourself on a job well done with a few more tacos.
    Originally posted by origamian
    An easy and cheap way to protect your Graffiti writing area: Use Scotch Magic tape, the wide version, the type that comes in the package with the green plaid design. It's just the right size to fill up the Graffiti area, each strip will last at least a few weeks, and it provides a more "firm" feel when you write, like writing on paper.

Then sit back and congratulate yourself on a job well done with a few more tacos.
    NO!! Don't use the green one. If you're going to use Scotch tape, use 811 (which is actually in a blue box). 811 is made to be removed more easily and will leave less residue on your screen.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    NO!! Don't use the green one. If you're going to use Scotch tape, use 811 (which is actually in a blue box). 811 is made to be removed more easily and will leave less residue on your screen.
    Ooops! I stand corrected. I used the green tape for a little while with some success, but since I've heard from multiple sources that the 811 version should be used, I'll acknowledge my error.
    Originally posted by origamian
    Ooops! I stand corrected. I used the green tape for a little while with some success, but since I've heard from multiple sources that the 811 version should be used, I'll acknowledge my error.
    Well, using it a few times probably wouldn't do much harm. I've just seen lots of reports that the green box uses more adhesive and over time is more trouble than it's worth.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...