Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Review Princeton's definitions of pedigree [noun] as you're twisting in the wind by attempting to differ when you're only confirming my allegation that your use of the term 'pedigree' was , in fact, that of a noun. As a noun, and used as you did ("Obama ... does not have the pedigree") is offensive, nothing more, nothing less. Again, you pigeon-hole yourself then deny reality.
    Are you smoking crack, or do you just like the way it smells when it burns?
    Your smug internet-games at the price of integrity and honor devalues humanity and your claimed values. But, I digress ...
    You digress...like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson?
    Last edited by mikec; 10/12/2007 at 12:07 AM.
    No. You're wordsmithing and excusing your loaded term. Or, is everyone but you responsible for its definition? Get real already.
    Since when is basic english sentence diagramming wordsmithing?

You want to see something racist...I better not mention that I like brown sugar in my black coffee.
    As I believe we all did, however, as BARYE accurately pointed out, subtext does not escape gojeda, who was obviously aware of the Lee Atwater-esque codeword within his statement that "Obama does not have the pedigree".
    All right...it's settles. Gojeda will pay reparations to life2short because he made sure Shortie did not not get a proper English education, and victimized him to the point he sees oppression in common words.

JFC, this is incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Assuming, of course, those more noble and reasonable men actually had something to apologize for.
    Well there you are then - Barye, gojeda is basically telling you to "go f@$k yourself" for misunderstanding his use of the word "pedigree".

Do enjoy the english lessons though! I mean it is much more fun creating pages upon pages of explanations and definitions and childish scolding about how stupid everyone is for not understanding the context he used the word "perdigree" in vs. simply saying, "I'm sorry if I have given you the wrong impression...".
    Last edited by moderateinny; 10/12/2007 at 06:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    All right...it's settles. Gojeda will pay reparations to life2short because he made sure Shortie did not not get a proper English education, and victimized him to the point he sees oppression in common words.

JFC, this is incredible.
    It really is incredible to most well-rounded thinking men. I suppose, though, that there will always be an element in society that will use almost any excuse to expouse their agenda that is, essentially, based on their deep-seeded anger at the world around them.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    You digress...like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson?
    LOL!!

"When in doubt, play the race card!"
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    "I'm sorry if I have given you the wrong impression...".
    I see no need to apologize for the valid use of a word especially in light of the fact that the subsequent sentence, about Clinton, should have removed any lingering doubts, if there were any, of what exactly I was talking about.

I do think, however, those who have taken it upon themselves to make this into a race issue should be the ones who need to apologize.
    I see no need to apologize for the valid use of a word...
    Of course not. We really have come to expect nothing less from a lesser man.

It's called class. Look into it.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Of course not.
    Good, Im glad we agree on that then.
    Good, Im glad we agree on that then.
    Oh young neo, quoting me out of context again? I'd say thats beneath you but I somehow doubt that is possible.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    It may be sickening unto death.

You know, for decades we have been nominating and electing (often Southern) governors. They run as "outsiders" and as "non-politicians," and come to Washington with little beyond ideology and cronies. They do not know where the handles of power are. Now that the parties have dwindled in power, they cannot form a government, and they know almost nothing about the rest of the world.

We rarely nominate legislators, in part because "they have never run anything" and in part because it is difficult for them to justify their voting records in the messy process of legislation. On the other hand, they have lived the history, built consensus, and know who can govern.

I admit that I am impressed by both Governor Hucakbee and Governor Richardson. I find them experienced, competent, and less ideological than most. Richarson had both Washington and foreign relations experience before becoming governor. I could vote for either but prefer Richardson because of his foreign relations experience.

However, I would like to suggest that it is time to break the mold and elect a legislator. I like Senators Biden and Dodd. They enjoy the loyalty of Washington and the party elite, come with ideas rather than ideology, and have decades of foreign relations experience. Most of all, they are consensus builders.
    you make a good case for Richardson especially -- but aside from him getting the VP slot, I don't see him going far. Your other democratic choices have little chance.

Huckabee has the potential to be the gop nominee though.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I was particularly impressed with Huckabee's nuanced speech he gave on the Middle East policy, and in particular his observations of the ongoing Turkish/PKK tensions of late.

http://www.csis.org/media/csis/event...8_huckabee.pdf
  14.    #54  
    I was particularly impressed with Huckabee's nuanced speech he gave on the Middle East policy, and in particular his observations of the ongoing Turkish/PKK tensions of late.

http://www.csis.org/media/csis/event...8_huckabee.pdf
    you still haven't "anounced" your candidate...
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    you still haven't "anounced" your candidate...
    Because I have not decided....
    though we may almost always disagree, I know that you understand subtext and inference. I recognize that you're an educated guy. I assume therefore that you know about and understand Obama's complex ethnicity.

Using the word "pedigree" against that backdrop, is at best, insensitive.
    ditto that.

ped·i·gree /ˈpɛdɪˌgri/ Pronunciation Key -
    –noun
    1. an ancestral line; line of descent; lineage; ancestry.
    2. a genealogical table, chart, list, or record, esp. of a purebred animal.
    3. distinguished, excellent, or pure ancestry.
    4. derivation, origin, or history: the pedigree of a word.

I find it a tacky word regardless of whom it's referencing.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    ditto that.

–noun

I assume after you finished reading through the thread that you saw that this issue was pretty thoroughly explored...

But as you're here daThomas, who would you be voting for ??
    Last edited by BARYE; 10/28/2007 at 09:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    ditto that.

–noun

Definition #4 is the operative one.
    Last edited by gojeda; 10/30/2007 at 09:21 AM.
    I assume after you finished reading through the thread that you saw that this issue was pretty thoroughly explored...

But as you're here daThomas, who would you be voting for ??
    Edwards.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123