Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    This from a young man who cannot even keep track of his own hate filled forum rants.
    Define young.

To review young neo,
    I think you need to forward this post to whoever goes by the name neo.

in post #2 you asked "So, the question becomes, what is torture?"
    I asked that. Neo did not.

Now those of us with "lesser intelligence" may have taken that to mean you were soliciting opinions or other definitions for torture. Especially since you went on to say, "...I would say you will get 6 or 7 different answers from any group of 10 people."

By post #4 you had declared your intepretation of what torture is, but also went on to surmise that us little-minded folks of less intelligence may want to muse, "...some specific examples...then we can comment on them."
    Now why would you call yourself "little-minded"? Is this your little attempt at self-deprecating humor?

As for specific examples, was there anything wrong with that approach?

Now being the "dummy"....
    Little-minded? Dummy? Tsk tsk, self loathing is generally not a good thing Modboy.

But alas, you could not help yourself when you decided to mock my obvious inferior intellect rather than leaving your opinion on each bullet point stand and continuing to conduct yourself in a mature manner that you like to pretend you are capable of.
    I think Neo should know about what he has done. Shall I forward your complaint to him?

Of course it must have been confusing following along when I basically agreed with the article posted by Barye regarding WWII interrogators since it was such a stretch given I posted it merely 4 posts after his.
    The record of the thread shows that my main bone-of-contention was with not so much what is, or is not, considered torture, but rather that the Nazi is an intrinsically different beast apart from today's jihadist and, therefore, it was an apples to oranges type of situation.

My secondary criticism of the articule stemmed from the fact that the vets assumed a lot of things were being done when, in fact, they have no more an idea of what techniques are being used today than the average Joe on the street - for the simple reason that those techniques are classified information.

Their implication that they used wits while torturous techniques are used today are unfounded and, as a result, disingenuous. For all they (and we) know they could be using the same techniques today that they used 60 years ago.

The fact is they do not know, and neither to we.

Silly silly old man that I am.
    Define old.

Perhaps its senility?
    I don't think senility is quite the word for it.
    Last edited by gojeda; 10/12/2007 at 03:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    The record of the thread shows that my main bone-of-contention was with not so much what is, or is not, considered torture, but rather that the Nazi is an intrinsically different beast apart from today's jihadist and, therefore, it was an apples to oranges type of situation.
    Yet, torture is still torture, only Eisenhower didn't require the assistance of Rush Limbaugh or O'Reilly to make apologies for them.

My secondary criticism of the articule stemmed from the fact that the vets assumed a lot of things were being done when, in fact, they have no more an idea of what techniques are being used today than the average Joe on the street - for the simple reason that those techniques are classified information.

Their implication that they used wits while torturous techniques are used today are unfounded and, as a result, disingenuous. For they (and we know) they could be using the same techniques today that they used 60 years ago.

Your statement is purely speculative opinion, unfounded in fact. It's the same bogus bullsh*t once used (and sadly, still used) by apologists for Bush-CO, in that only the government could possibly know what was necessary to carry out a war on terror, as we simple-folk must be led by the wise, omnipotent King.
    Old enough to have a Phd. You're clearly highly educated.

I see. So when you said, "...the question becomes, what is torture?" and then went on to state, "Perhaps some specific examples are in order..." what you really meant was that you did not want either. Got it.

Their implication that they used wits while torturous techniques are used today are unfounded and, as a result, disingenuous. For they (and we know) they could be using the same techniques today that they used 60 years ago.

Fine. In fact, agreed in some respects - disagree in others. Now had you stated things in this manner some 60 posts ago perhaps Bayre's thread would have made for a nice conversation. Quite possibly of differing opinions. But insightful nonetheless.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Yet, torture is still torture.
    Which was never really the question to begin with.

Your statement is purely speculative opinion, unfounded in fact.
    So let me get this straight. You have access to classified information?

It's the same bogus bullsh*t once used (and sadly, still used) by apologists for Bush-CO, in that only the government could possibly know what was necessary to carry out a war on terror, as we simple-folk must be led by the wise, omnipotent King.
    Merely calling the argument bull**** and calling public figures names is a poor substitute for a well thought out answer.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    I see. So when you said, "...the question becomes, what is torture?" and then went on to state, "Perhaps some specific examples are in order..." what you really meant was that you did not want either. Got it.
    It was simply a suggested approach to answer a complex problem.

Fine. In fact, agreed in some respects - disagree in others. Now had you stated things in this manner some 60 posts ago perhaps Bayre's thread would have made for a nice conversation. Quite possibly of differing opinions. But insightful nonetheless.
    Refer to posts: 2, 4, 7
    Which was never really the question to begin with.
    So, the question becomes, what is torture?
    At least not when asked by an internet clown.

So let me get this straight. You have access to classified information?
    To make your hollow claims of absolutism, you must, which is the point

Merely calling the argument bull**** and calling public figures names is a poor substitute for a well thought out answer.
    You should know, neo. You should know.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    At least not when asked by an internet clown.
    Keith Olberman and Ann Coulter would be proud of your name calling and sundry ad-hominem attacks.

To make your hollow claims of absolutism, you must, which is the point
    You are most free to support the basis of your constant accusations. You haven't done that yet, so until then, you are just making a lot of white noise.
    Keith Olberman and Ann Coulter would be proud of your name calling and sundry ad-hominem attacks.
    If only the network you call you up, eh neo?

You are most free to support the basis of your constant accusations. You haven't done that yet, so until then, you are just making a lot of white noise.
    Their implication that they used wits while torturous techniques are used today are unfounded and, as a result, disingenuous. For all they (and we) know they could be using the same techniques today that they used 60 years ago.
    You conveniently overlook the fact that you could equally be completely wrong, which is the point you also conveniently overlook. Simply state that you have no idea without qualification and be done with it.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    If only the network you call you up, eh neo?
    They could not afford me.

You conveniently overlook the fact that you could equally be completely wrong, which is the point you also conveniently overlook. Simply state that you have no idea without qualification and be done with it.
    And again, the ones who make the accusations have the burden to prove their case. Simply state that you are driven by speculation and demagoguery and not by the facts as we know it....then move on to cut your losses.
    They could not afford me.
    I'll loan them the $ .99 they need.

And again, the ones who make the accusations have the burden to prove their case. Simply state that you are driven by speculation and demagoguery and not by the facts as we know it....then move on to cut your losses.
    You first.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    You first.
    Such maturity.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234