Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57
  1.    #1  
    As much as this guy?

    http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=6314
  2. #2  
    That's not a country. It's a flag.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  3.    #3  
    Obviously, but this guy equates the two...
  4. #4  
    As do lots of people. Doesn't mean it's a good idea.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  5. gojeda's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    As do lots of people. Doesn't mean it's a good idea.
    Good idea, or not...the flags were flown illegally, which from that perspective, would make this man's manifestation a case of vigilante justice.

    So what is worse, committing an illegal act, or taking matters into one's hand in order to correct that illegal act?

    That being said, I would have had the police tell the owner to take the flag down.
  6. #6  
    I agree 100% with him.
    Granted I wouldn't do it, but I bet you the owner has more rights than the vet. However, isn't it a federal crime to fly the flag under another? Also flags have to be lit at all times.
  7. tirk's Avatar
    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister View Post
    As much as this guy?

    http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=6314
    You let idiots like that carry knives in public?
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  8. #8  
    I luuuuuuv ****ry...opps...I misread. Nevermind.
  9. #9  
    here is a guy who doesn't have to threaten mexicans with a knife to show he's patriotic. He just loves his country and his enthusiasm is contagious. I like this guy.

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=8
  10. gojeda's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    You let idiots like that carry knives in public?
    ...because as we all know, no one walks around with a knife in the UK.
  11. #11  
    Hey Nothing screams USA more than this....


    http://www.fulvuedrive-in.com/cover/...XANTHOLOGY.jpg
  12. tirk's Avatar
    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    ...because as we all know, no one walks around with a knife in the UK.
    LOL!! Do you really want to compare crime figures in the UK with those in the US??

    (I'm assuming that theft with a deadly weapon is some sort of crime over there, even if the victim was Mexican of course).
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    here is a guy who doesn't have to threaten mexicans with a knife to show he's patriotic.
    [/url]
    Boy...itís amazing how people can look at the same scene and see things totally different. I didnít see the veteran threatening anyone with his knife. In fact...one could argue the store owner as instigating the threat if you stop and think about the massage heís trying to convey with the flag being flown in such a manner. (Assuming he knew what he was doing) Not knowing the whole story... I would have just given the store owner the benefit of the doubt and chalked it up to him not knowing anything about flag etiquette, and then attempt to try and educate him. If that failed, then I would have called the cops. But I guess the veteran did not feel like waiting for the cops to show up....who would then call other cop buddies to stand around and talk about it.....who would then call the dispatcher....to call the captain....etc. etc.
    Iago

    "Good name in man and woman, dear my lord, Is the immediate jewel of their souls: Who steals my purse steals trash . . . But he that filches from me my good name Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed."


    Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation.
    - Howard Scott
  14. #14  
    Well I see a guy waving a knife around and bragging about it and a mexican store owner obviously keeping his distance. I guess we can all decide for ourselves how to interpret it.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iago View Post
    Boy...itís amazing how people can look at the same scene and see things totally different. I didnít see the veteran threatening anyone with his knife. In fact...one could argue the store owner as instigating the threat if you stop and think about the massage heís trying to convey with the flag being flown in such a manner. (Assuming he knew what he was doing) Not knowing the whole story... I would have just given the store owner the benefit of the doubt and chalked it up to him not knowing anything about flag etiquette, and then attempt to try and educate him. If that failed, then I would have called the cops. But I guess the veteran did not feel like waiting for the cops to show up....who would then call other cop buddies to stand around and talk about it.....who would then call the dispatcher....to call the captain....etc. etc.
    What's not known here is if either of the store {presumably) employees own the building that the flag mast is attached to. As well as your excellent point about the employees possibly not being aware of American flag etiquette. This veteran also just happened to have a buddy there to videotape his 'heroism'? It all appeared a bit too rehearsed and convenient, in my opinion. His 15-minutes ran out as soon as the video hit the airwaves.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    What's not known here is if either of the store {presumably) employees own the building that the flag mast is attached to. As well as your excellent point about the employees possibly not being aware of American flag etiquette. This veteran also just happened to have a buddy there to videotape his 'heroism'? It all appeared a bit too rehearsed and convenient, in my opinion. His 15-minutes ran out as soon as the video hit the airwaves.
    I would have to view it again but I believe the newsroom anchors said a photographer was on the scene so presumably it's someone that works for the news channel. As for the guys heroism......well many would say it was an over reaction, then again who knows this veterans background? Having served during war? Seeing comrades killed fighting for the U.S.? (not Mexico) I could certainly imagine one’s emotions taking over in that situation.
    Iago

    "Good name in man and woman, dear my lord, Is the immediate jewel of their souls: Who steals my purse steals trash . . . But he that filches from me my good name Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed."


    Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation.
    - Howard Scott
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iago View Post
    I would have to view it again but I believe the newsroom anchors said a photographer was on the scene so presumably it's someone that works for the news channel. As for the guys heroism......well many would say it was an over reaction, then again who knows this veterans background? Having served during war? Seeing comrades killed fighting for the U.S.? (not Mexico) I could certainly imagine oneís emotions taking over in that situation.
    Good points and I agree. However, when the vet starts on the rant about fighting for it like a man, he starts to sound a bit like some of the mexi-phobics, insecure and easily threatened.
  18. #18  
    what are they selling in a store in Reno with a mexican flag -- that requires that you be 21 yrs old or older, to get in ???
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  19. gojeda's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    LOL!! Do you really want to compare crime figures in the UK with those in the US??

    (I'm assuming that theft with a deadly weapon is some sort of crime over there, even if the victim was Mexican of course).
    Well if we are talking about theft (which is the only offense I witnessed in the video, aside from the illegal flag flying) perhaps you have forgotten that the UK has a theft rate more than twice of that found in United States...hmm?

    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ies-per-capita
    Last edited by gojeda; 10/07/2007 at 06:46 AM.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Well if we are talking about theft (which is the only offense I witnessed in the video, aside from the illegal flag flying) perhaps you have forgotten that the UK has a theft rate more than twice of that found in United States...hmm?

    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ies-per-capita
    Wow, surprisingly the UK ranks slightly higher than the US for overall crimes as well http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...mes-per-capita Who knew?

    In Tirk's defense, I think he meant violent crimes - particularily gun violence to which the US ranks considerably higher.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions