Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    How many of his books have you read? How often do you watch his shows? What's your ethnic and religious upbringing? I'd rate my guesses as fairly educated.
    Duly noted.

Note to self: I am not allowed to have an opinion about Chris Matthews.
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Indeed....which is why I am not quite on-board with the sentiment that "he ripped his lungs out".

Aside from the fact that they both seem to be friends, I do not think Stewart would want to alienate a good guest like Matthew.
    I agree. I guess I didn't quite take the lung thing so seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Note to self: I am not allowed to have an opinion about Chris Matthews.
    Sure you are. You'll just have to concede that not all opinions have equal foundation.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Sure you are. You'll just have to concede that not all opinions have equal foundation.
    LOL ouch!

Tsk tsk Toby.

Tsk tsk Toby.
    Yes, tsk tsk on me. Did you answer the questions? I've read several of his books. I watched his show for several years. While not Irish Catholic, I come from an ethnic group with many parallels. I think my opinion on his views is quite informed. What are you basing your opinion on?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Yes, tsk tsk on me. Did you answer the questions? I've read several of his books. I watched his show for several years. While not Irish Catholic, I come from an ethnic group with many parallels. I think my opinion on his views is quite informed. What are you basing your opinion on?
    Frankly I have no idea what you're getting so upset about. Let me just get this straight - you're pissed because I commented about a wiki clip that quoted Chris as saying he "is more conservative than people give" him credit for and I agreed that he seemed to have shifted right...maybe only slightly....maybe not at all...maybe he was already there...it was an OPINION about a TV host....WHO FRIGGIN' CARES?

FWIW - I'm a Caucasian Roman Catholic from the North East. As though that matters. Seriously, you're taking this way too seriously. So why don't I just agree with you so we can move on.
    Frankly I have no idea what you're getting so upset about.
    I'm not upset.
    Let me just get this straight - you're pissed
    I'm not pissed either.
    because I commented about a wiki clip that quoted Chris as saying he "is more conservative than people give" him credit for and I agreed that he seemed to have shifted right...
    OK, and I merely suggested that he hasn't really shifted. His own statement seems to bear that out.
    maybe only slightly....maybe not at all...maybe he was already there...it was an OPINION about a TV host....WHO FRIGGIN' CARES?
    And which one of us is getting upset for little? My point was simply that all 'guesses' are not necessarily created equally. I'm sorry that you're viewing that as an attack.
    FWIW - I'm a Caucasian Roman Catholic from the North East. As though that matters.
    It does and it doesn't. One's upbringing is certainly part of influencing one's worldview. Ethnicity, socioeconomics, locality, etc. all play a part in shaping us. Generally, it's easier for one to really feel empathy for another when they have shared similar circumstances.
    This sort of thing is really counterproductive.
    Seriously, you're taking this way too seriously.
    Yes, I am taking this seriously, but not in the way you suggest. I think you're projecting far more emotion and importance onto this than is present on my part.
    So why don't I just agree with you so we can move on.
    Yes, patronization is obviously the best way to deal with this.
    I'm not upset.

I'm not pissed either.
    Good. There are real world problems to solve and it's my intent to do it right here on treocentral.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12