Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 66 of 66
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    No, the Taliban did what they had to do in order to weather storm, which is what they clearly did.
    So you're implying that they just dug in and suffered no casualties? Did they lose ANY troops? Did they have to recruit any new troops to replace the ones that were killed (assuming you believe some were in fact killed)?

    Again, spanking implies defeat. Spanking implies that they were made irrelevant. That has not happened and that makes yoiur choice of words rather poor.
    Or it makes your ability to take something and blow it out of proportion almost Karl Rove like. Nicely done. You seem to insist on shifting the topic away from the point I was trying to make - Iraq was a huge distraction with respect to Afghanistan and resulted in the Taliban reconstituting.

    So you have gone from "troops" to "elite forces" and now the generic "resources".

    Do you always change the parameters of your central theme when the facts slap you around a bit?
    Seems to me we both know what the "central theme" is and you've managed to take my choice of the word "troops" to some abstract argument that only a neocon could understand to prove that the job in Afghanistan is not done.

    So here's where we're at with all this wasted typing. The job in Afghanistan isn't done. I think Iraq was a big distraction and drew critical resources away from Afghanistan. You may agree or disagree. You think that my use of the word "troops" was deliberately misleading but agree the job in Afghanistan isn't done. Am I missing anything?

    Now if you'd like to debate the issue - since you've deliberately missed it - which is whether or not Iraq has adversely impacted the mission in Afghanistan, then game on. If you want to keep playing your silly deceptive subject-changing OCD games over the word "troops" when you know full well what I intended, then I'm bowing out as I am truly sick of your condescending bull$hit as I've said in another thread.
    Last edited by moderateinny; 10/05/2007 at 01:12 PM.
  2. gojeda's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    So you're implying that they just dug in and suffered no casualties?
    Yes to the former, no to the latter.

    Did they lose ANY troops?
    Of couse. So has our military for that matter.

    Did they have to recruit any new troops to replace the ones that were killed (assuming you believe some were in fact killed)?
    A question better asked of your local friendly neighborhood Taliban recuiter.

    Or it makes your ability to take something and blow it out of proportion almost Karl Rove like. Nicely done. You seem to insist on shifting the topic away from the point I was trying to make - Iraq was a huge distraction with respect to Afghanistan and resulted in the Taliban reconstituting.
    The premise is debateable.

    Seems to me we both know what the "central theme" is and you've managed to take my choice of the word "troops" to some abstract argument that only a neocon could understand to prove that the job in Afghanistan is not done.

    So here's where we're at with all this wasted typing. The job in Afghanistan isn't done. I think Iraq was a big distraction and drew critical resources away from Afghanistan. You may agree or disagree. You think that my use of the word "troops" was deliberately misleading but agree the job in Afghanistan isn't done. Am I missing anything?
    I was incredibly stupid to sit here and read that when you used the word "troops", that you actually meant "troops". I should have known by now that when you use "troops", you could be talking about drones, jeeps, tanks, MREs, chaplains or Kevin Federline.

    Much like how John Kerry supported the war, but really meant that he didn't. LOL!

    Now if you'd like to debate the issue - since you've deliberately missed it - which is whether or not Iraq has adversely impacted the mission in Afghanistan, then game on. If you want to keep playing your silly deceptive subject-changing OCD games over the word "troops" when you know full well what I intended, then I'm bowing out as I am truly sick of your condescending bull$hit as I've said in another thread.
    Duly noted. Next time when you use the word "troops", I will know that you aren't really talking about "troops", but of something else that I will have to guess at.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Duly noted. Next time when you use the word "troops", I will know that you aren't really talking about "troops", but of something else that I will have to guess at.
    You knew what I meant - you know you did. You're smarter than that.

    BTW - is this more of this thing called "discourse" you claim to enjoy so much?
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iago View Post
    I thought it was interesting. I kept looking for Michael Moore.
    I just don’t know about people...it’s like the thought of personal sacrifice never occurred to them until the question is posed. “Why aren’t you serving.” Then they get this deer in the headlights look “Who me?” You would think a philosophy major would be a bet more articulate and critical in his thinking. I think a year or two of mandatory service would be good for the country, on so many different levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby
    I started watching it, but didn't have time to watch much more than 30 seconds. It'll have to wait until the weekend.
    thanks Iago -- and Toby, if you actually watched ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  5. #65  
    I watched it yesterday. It was a bit disjointed.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I watched it yesterday. It was a bit disjointed.

    harsh --

    and maybe fair --

    and probably accurate ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions