Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Are you trying to prove my theory wrong that everyone doesn't have to have a religion of some sort?
    Peace be with you.

You guys still whining over the 2004 election. JFC, that's sad.

If you want to harp on voting procedures, please focus attention on the busloads of illegal immigrants and blacks that were paid to vote multiple times.

All sides suck, but Democrats are a joke. See Pelosi and Reid...jeez.

The issue is the two party system is just one party system, with the primary goal of grabbbing all power and (tax) dollars.

The sooner this country realizes that, the sooner things will change.

But that's long way off.
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Same can be said for any published text from religious to the Daily Mail.
    Sure, but something which is obviously considered a humorous/political commentary is going to have less weight than some others.
    No wonder you play both sides against the middle.
    What I find odd is that for someone who decries the 'conservative' ability to see shades of grey, you still consistently maintain these dichotomies.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Who said anything about the electorate?
    I did. If the fairy tales are true, we're the one who the government is supposed to be of, by, and for.
    While they may pay the ultimate price as an aftershock of a constitutional crisis of that magnitude, it's the disassembly of our federal government structure which concerns me most.
    Why?
    The only real difference between a Bush government and a disassembled federal government is that there is no visible junta military controlling every Main St.
    I had to fly a few times soon after 9/11, and I'm not sure I'd agree with that.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    I was referring to the 2000 election when Georgie stomped his feet and held his breath until Daddy made things right.

If you want to harp on voting procedures, please focus attention on the busloads of illegal immigrants and blacks that were paid to vote multiple times.
    Proof? Seriously, I've heard this before but have not heard of any convictions or fines. On the other hand I know the GOP has had more than its share of indictments and convictions.

All sides suck, but Democrats are a joke.
    All sides suck...even though there are only two....but the Democrats are a joke. Does that mean the Dems both suck and are a joke or are they only a joke and the GOP sucks?

See Pelosi and Reid...jeez.
    Yes, I have my doubts as well. But I'd vote for them to be in power any day of the week over the thugs and criminals the GOP would put in power. By the way, how is ole' Tom "the hammer" doing these days?

The issue is the two party system is just one party system, with the primary goal of grabbbing all power and (tax) dollars.

But that's long way off.
    Well it doesn't have to be if guys like you'd would wake up to the fact that the GOP backs big oil and big business and placates the "believers" with their moral majority bull$hit to keep your eye of the big picture. The best opportunity to change the system is to vote for the party that are inherently progressives - the Dems. They aren't perfect but if we truly desire change then we need to keep the narrow minded idealogues out of office and not let them or their right-wing propaganda machine mind f$ck us into believing they can actually affect change for anyone but their big oil and big business donors.
    Last edited by moderateinny; 09/29/2007 at 12:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Peace be with you.

And also with you, but in a generalized agnostic sense.
  7.    #47  
    What I find odd is that for someone who decries the 'conservative' ability to see shades of grey, you still consistently maintain these dichotomies.
    While I know you're not talking to me, I have to clear this up. I don't think the ones that cannot see shades of grey are conservatives. In fact, I don't think the right-wing of the GOP are conservatives at all - fiscally or morally. Which is why I think they are hypocrites.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    No, actually we're whining about the 2000 election. Even more sad, I suppose.
    Nah...American Gladiators is coming back on the air. *yawn*
  9.    #49  
    And also with you, but in a generalized agnostic sense.
    LOL. I'm an agnostic as well.

Maybe I should have said "peace out"? Or is that too street?
    All sides suck...even though there are only two....
    I think this is why you and bb have always had a hard time getting what I say (well that and the difficulty in getting subtext on the internets since it gets clogged in the tubes).
    While I know you're not talking to me, I have to clear this up. I don't think the ones that cannot see shades of grey are conservatives.
    *shrug* I was just using a convenient phrase since I had seen it phrased that way recently.
    In fact, I don't think the right-wing of the GOP are conservatives at all - fiscally or morally. Which is why I think they are hypocrites.
    I'm not sure if it's fair to categorize the Bushies as the right-wing of the GOP. I think that would fit more with the Falwell types (the social and fiscal conservatives). Bush really hasn't been either. He's some sort of freak hybrid of all the bad things about 'liberals' and all the bad things about 'conservatives'.
    LOL. I'm an agnostic as well.

Maybe I should have said "peace out"?
    Well, I almost replied with 'alaykum as-salaam', but I'm sure I'd have misspelt it (and probably just did).
    Or is that too street?
    Since we were already in a timewarp, you should have just said "Peace. I'm Audi-5000".
    The best opportunity to change the system is to vote for the party that are inherently progressives - the Dems.
    Don't be fooled. There is nothing inherently progressive about the Democrats. When people stop believing in the false dichotomy of the two party con game is the only time that things will truly change.
    Sure, but something which is obviously considered a humorous/political commentary is going to have less weight than some others.
    But, of course, you still haven't read it to know its full content.

I think this is why you and bb have always had a hard time getting what I say (well that and the difficulty in getting subtext on the internets since it gets clogged in the tubes).
    who is this bb you talk about ???

(does he also do sewers ??)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    I did. If the fairy tales are true, we're the one who the government is supposed to be of, by, and for.
    Hadn't we just taken our liberty by force when those words were written?

I had to fly a few times soon after 9/11, and I'm not sure I'd agree with that.
    Although I had similar experiences, a moment in time does not a junta government make, One, in fact, that proved to me that it was all for the purpose of the continuation of the US economy by giving the impression of heightened security. With the exception of excluding box cutters the same security measures could have been in place on 9/11, and we would've had identical results, IMO.
  17.    #57  
    I'm not sure if it's fair to categorize the Bushies as the right-wing of the GOP.
    Wow. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I think Bush is by far the furthest right - make that extreme right - President in history.
    But, of course, you still haven't read it to know its full content.
    Considering that the link you provided lists it as political humor and considering the subject matter of the other books listed as being by the same author, I think it's obvious that he's not without bias. I'd probably give him more weight than most religious texts, but I'm going to give him the same measure of incredulity as ...say William F Buckley when writing about someone whom he obviously opposes.
    Back at you.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    who is this bb you talk about ???
    Brian Bonsall. Heh. Nah, I think that's about all I'm willing to say since if I'm right or wrong, either way discussion may suffer.
    Hadn't we just taken our liberty by force when those words were written?
    Not so much (although they were written _about_ those events).
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast