Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I noticed the Falwell-Osama proximity (and think it's pretty accurate). OTOH, I also noticed Bushie is far less right than some would make him out to be.
    According to that scale, Bush is more of a for-profit-values-above-all-else ***** than
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    or: 4) yourself
    This makes no sense. I never referred to you as a conservative (nor would I unless it was in comparison to Noam Chomsky perhaps). Other than that, I think the scale represents the views you've professed on here fairly well.
    its definitely 3
    Well, I figured as much. I just wasn't sure why you wouldn't have realised it.
    -- and somewhat 4
    I'm still not sure what you're getting at here.
    I am absolutely seen as almost a DLC democrat by my peers -- for my political practicality, and for my support of the Clintons
    That's believable. Why on earth you would think that makes you conservative on a more neutral scale is a little confusing.
    I'm a Nader hater -- my peers worked for and voted for him.

They now support and/or work for Kucinich and Gravel (who I've helped modestly as a personal favor) -- where as I would not have trouble if Hillary won the nomination.
    You should not have been surprised at all then. I'd expect Nader followers to score far more left than you, and probably closer to authoritarian than libertarian.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    According to that scale, Bush is more of a for-profit-values-above-all-else ***** than [Trump]
    I think that's a fair assessment.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Wow. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I think Bush is by far the furthest right - make that extreme right - President in history.
    An opinion like any other, but I think those familiar with Theodore Roosevelt would probably disagree.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Along with George Soros, of course.
  6.    #206  
    LOL. The big difference being "the Donald" knows how to make a business profitable (well...not all of them) and Bush has never ran one he didn't put into the ground! Profits? We don't need no stinking profits!
  7.    #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    An opinion like any other, but I think those familiar with Theodore Roosevelt would probably disagree.
    Unlike you, I can admit when I am wrong. Seems like Ronny was even further to the right than Bush according to this site.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Unlike you, I can admit when I am wrong. Seems like Ronny was even further to the right than Bush according to this site.
    The website is flawed, as pointed out by others. This goes to the larger point that, to a certain extent, 'who' is 'where' depends on the eye of beholder.
    This goes to the larger point that, to a certain extent, 'who' is 'where' depends on the eye of beholder.
    No, vision of 20/400 in at least one eye is all that's required.
  10.    #210  
    The website is flawed, as pointed out by others. This goes to the larger point that, to a certain extent, 'who' is 'where' depends on the eye of beholder.
    Seems like most folks that tried the first one felt it was pretty much on the money - including yours, which indicated you were a Reagan Republican. Correct?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Seems like most folks that tried the first one felt it was pretty much on the money - including yours, which indicated you were a Reagan Republican. Correct?
    Did they? I read that many thought, including myself, that the caliber of the questioning was rather poor.

In my case, my impression is that they pegged me correctly by accident.
    This makes no sense. I never referred to you as a conservative ...
    poor word choice by me -- I should have said: "oneself" -- not yourself. As in thinking introspectively of oneself as being somewhat conservative...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    poor word choice by me -- I should have said: "oneself" -- not yourself. As in thinking introspectively of oneself as being somewhat conservative...
    Ah...well, that makes much more sense in some ways, but I think you're fooling yourself if you consider yourself conservative outside of your circle.
  14.    #214  
    Did they? I read that many thought, including myself, that the caliber of the questioning was rather poor.

LOL. Boy you just love to differ don't you? Whatever. Yes, we all agree the tests are for fun and the questions are odd. But lifes2short, Iago, gattoray, you, me....well I guess we all got pegged correctly by accident then.

Quizzes, such as these, are usually purposely written in a semi-ambiguous fashion in order to determine leanings which are flexible. Hard specifics within the questions are unnecessary as they dictate narrowly defined dogma. Just as with some academic testing, you supply the best answer. Over the course of the quiz it summarizes those leanings, and in this case, has shown to be pretty damned accurate. Anyone can whine about the methods, but the net result is unchanged. It's not a rorschach test.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quizzes, such as these, are usually purposely written in a semi-ambiguous fashion in order to determine leanings which are flexible. Hard specifics within the questions are unnecessary as they dictate narrowly defined dogma. Just as with some academic testing, you supply the best answer. Over the course of the quiz it summarizes those leanings, and in this case, has shown to be pretty damned accurate. Anyone can whine about the methods, but the net result is unchanged. It's not a rorschach test.
    If you ask ambiguous questions - you are going to get ambiguous answers. I think their results reflect that.

This isn't the first time I've been to these websites. They cycle questions periodically. As a result, I've been pegged at different places on the resultant grid.
    Last edited by gojeda; 10/04/2007 at 07:43 AM.
  17.    #217  
    As a result, I've been pegged at different places on the resultant grid.
    But this one pegged you correctly, did it not? Accidently or not, it did peg you correctly and several others on this board. What is your point with this other than another pointless argument? We've all acknowledged that the tests are for fun and the questions odd. Yet somehow the tests seemed to have accidently or mysteriously arrived at the right conclusion for some of us. I don't put a lot of stock into the thing but it is at least amusing if not surprising that it did peg most of us correctly.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    But this one pegged you correctly, did it not? Accidently or not, it did peg you correctly and several others on this board. What is your point with this other than another pointless argument?

That is all that I am saying, because of the nature of the quiz and the format thereof, that the results can, are often are, all over the place over a period of time.
    Along with George Soros, of course.
    Or Richard Mellon Scaife, of course, who operates under the cloak of darkness while he funds political activism to execute 'practicing homosexuals' vs the open playing field of moveon.org.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...41/ai_20139090
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Or Richard Mellon Scaife, of course, who operates under the cloak of darkness while he funds political activism to execute 'practicing homosexuals' vs the open playing field of moveon.org.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...41/ai_20139090
    The Advocate?

Well...****, if you can use that source, I'll use this one:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/uc/20071003/...mmax/op_193989

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast