Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 202
  1. #61  
    Originally posted by Toby


    This brings to mind two things...the band named after the river, and the song "Don't Pay the Ferryman".
    Somebody's stuck in the 80's!
    Jeff
  2. #62  
    Originally posted by PDAENVY

    Somebody's stuck in the 80's!
    Nah...my favorite Styx stuff is from the 70s.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  3. #63  
    Originally posted by Toby


    This brings to mind two things...the band named after the river, and the song "Don't Pay the Ferryman".
    Chris DeBurgh--->cool! Cool video, too...too bad he then went on with that sappy "Lady in Red" crap.

    Toby--my fav Styx is from the 70's, too, but I still went to the Mr. Roboto tour...I wasn't old enough to go to The Grand Illusion, I don't think. And Paradise Theater was 80's, right?

    Kelley
  4. #64  
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    Chris DeBurgh--->cool! Cool video, too...too bad he then went on with that sappy "Lady in Red" crap.
    Ack! I hate that song.

    Toby--my fav Styx is from the 70's, too, but I still went to the Mr. Roboto tour...I wasn't old enough to go to The Grand Illusion, I don't think.
    The Kilroy Was Here tour was the first concert I ever went to. I had been listening since the Equinox days, though (I was a precocious child and used to raid my uncle's albums )

    And Paradise Theater was 80's, right?
    Yep, 1981.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  5. #65  
    "Ferryman" was released in the US in 1982 - I looked it up.
    Jeff
  6. #66  
    Originally posted by Toby
    The Kilroy Was Here tour was the first concert I ever went to.
    Have you seen the Behind the Music on how Styx broke up b/c Tommy Shaw couldn't stand DeYoung's idea for Roboto? Quite interesting...

    And please don't pick on me, but in that era I also saw The Go-Go's (now back together, weehoo!!); Huey Lewis and the News, Chicago, and random others that I don't right now recall. (And my youth group went to see Amy Grant whenever she was in town)
  7. #67  
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    Have you seen the Behind the Music on how Styx broke up b/c Tommy Shaw couldn't stand DeYoung's idea for Roboto? Quite interesting...
    Yep, and now Styx is touring without him (or they were last year anyway).
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  8. #68  
    Originally posted by PDAENVY
    "Ferryman" was released in the US in 1982 - I looked it up.
    Oh, very definitely an 80's hit--of course, it's one of the few that I love that are lacking off of my 80's CD's.

    **Bonus Question: what famous musician appears in Tracy Ullman's "They Don't Know About Love" video??
  9. #69  
    lol, oh well, at [least] everyone got away from debating porn.
    Last edited by Vertigo; 05/31/2001 at 03:07 AM.
  10. #70  
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    **Bonus Question: what famous musician appears in Tracy Ullman's "They Don't Know About Love" video??
    That's easy. Paul McCartney.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  11. #71  
    Originally posted by Vertigo
    lol, oh well, at everyone got away from debating porn.
    Yeah, I was hoping that my Amy Grant reference didn't bring down any wrath!!
  12. #72  
    Originally posted by Toby


    That's easy. Paul McCartney.
    Well, I have told some people that and (after first convincing them that Tracy Ullman had a video) they don't usually believe me...
  13. #73  
    You can't hold Amy Grant up as a paragon of goodness anymore: she's divorced.

    THIS IS A JOKE PEOPLE! (I mean, she is divorced, but in my mind that has nothing to do with goodness.)
    Jeff
  14. #74  
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    Well, I have told some people that and (after first convincing them that Tracy Ullman had a video) they don't usually believe me...
    She's also in Paul McCartney's movie "Give My Regards to Broad Street."
    She must be a "friend of P"


    Boy, did BobbyMike peg it -- this thread DID degenerate into chaos.(and it's my fault, too! )
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  15. #75  
    Yorick wrote:
    "Boy, did BobbyMike peg it -- this thread DID degenerate into chaos.(and it's my fault, too!)"

    Yes, it's all your fault. Thank you for taking full responsibility for wasting all this bandwidth. Peracto will be sending you a bill soon. Please pay the full amount upon receipt. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. We value your ongoing contributions. Have a nice day.
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
  16. #76  
    Wow, I go away on vacation and miss gems like this! While I'm not going to get into the "is porn good" discussion, I will point out that anyone could release a Porn module, or as I like to call it, a nudule , without Handspring's consent.

    From Handspring's Developer's FAQ:
    Q. Is the Springboard Standard an Open Standard?
    A. Yes, the Springboard specification is very open. Handspring's Development Kit includes all of the mechanical, electrical, and software specifications needed to design Springboard modules. Anyone can download this material and use it to build Springboard modules.

    There is no Springboard association, no user fees, and no royalties. Springboard modules contain no proprietary parts or processes so developers are free to manufacture and distribute Springboard modules as they see fit. Handspring is interested in working closely with developers of Springboard modules and supporting them in design and distribution related matters, if they choose.
    So feel free to develop that nudule. Should be the most widely read review on VC ever.


    BTW, I'm going to move this to Off-Topic where it belongs. Keep it civil!
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
  17. #77  
    Originally posted by JHromadka
    ...Should be the most widely read review on VC ever...
    That's wonderful considering the precedent that's been set with regard to the plethora of screen shots that go along with the reviews. My only question is how would the module be rated? The amount of 'alone time' spent in the bathroom?
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  18. #78  
    Originally posted by PDAENVY
    You can't hold Amy Grant up as a paragon of goodness anymore: she's divorced.

    THIS IS A JOKE PEOPLE! (I mean, she is divorced, but in my mind that has nothing to do with goodness.)
    Furthermore, she allows dancing in her videos!!
  19. #79  
    Originally posted by ****-richardson

    That's wonderful considering the precedent that's been set with regard to the plethora of screen shots that go along with the reviews. My only question is how would the module be rated? The amount of 'alone time' spent in the bathroom?
    I'm glad my husband doesn't have a Visor...
  20. #80  
    Originally posted by ****-richardson

    That's wonderful considering the precedent that's been set with regard to the plethora of screen shots that go along with the reviews. My only question is how would the module be rated? The amount of 'alone time' spent in the bathroom?
    I think this would open up a new opportunity for a product line to protect more than just the screen.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions